Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are always banging on about what their "cool" teenage daughters wear. I'm in my 50s, I don't give a tit what teenagers are wearing and I'm certainly not going to emulate it and be the world's saddest middle-aged woman.
That's officially me! Aged 49 and loving my Nike dunks and White fox hoodies.

Reactions: 3
My teenager has just been through my trunk of 90’s clothes and is happily wearing most of it. Low slung and wide legged jeans, fitted t’s, strappy dresses over fitted tees, combats etc.

If I could get into it I’d also be wearing it 😂
The only thing that still fits me from the 90's is my Adidas Gazelles

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The thread about the poster who wanted to treat her sister and her sisters kids to a day trip to London (from Dublin) is peak MN

From the anxiety ridden couldn’t cope with London, I can’t walk 5 ft from my door without 6 months to plan and my dear precious babies (who are 12 and 16 in this case) cannot possibly function if they have to wake up at 6.30 it’s a smorgasbord of MN issues
Now, now please be kind. Many of them are worried they’ll be…..tired!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
you could go one up from that

such as 'I still dress from my 90''s trunk of clothes that were OLD size 6's and they are still too big for me!' LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The 'Is addiction a choice' thread is nasty. Apparently addicts choose to be so and just don't stop when they jolly well could. I've posted on it a bit just to be told that I and other ex addicts are very weak and choose to be horrid drunks. Some people need a serious slap

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Goodness me.
Some of you still wearing your clothes from the 90s? You must all be enormous. Can’t you still fit into your baby clothes? I certainly can.
*head tilt, tinkly laugh, licks picture of a lettuce leaf*

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Calling @CrimsonCountess!! The tattler with skills to start a new thread, your input is required.
This was a thread suggestion:

A cesspit of superiority, casual racism, loathing, and tinkly laughter
Your wish is my command🪄

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.