Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A weird side effect of Brexit over here (I’m in NI) is that it’s much more difficult to get Yorkshire tea unless you buy the bags that would do a catering company!
I've seen those pillowcase sized bags - cost a packet!

Have you tried Punjana? It's an Irish tea company, but I couldn't say if NI or Eire. It's a very good tea, but as I say, a bit pricier than Yorkshire.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
A weird side effect of Brexit over here (I’m in NI) is that it’s much more difficult to get Yorkshire tea unless you buy the bags that would do a catering company!
There's an opportunity for you here. Tea-bag pushing. :coffee:

Invest in the big bag, give a few freebies to friends and family.

They'll be at your door morning, noon and night looking for 'a wee supply'.

You'll soon have enough dosh to float your yacht on Yorkshire tea.

FTR, I only expect 5% commission per year for the first ten years. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm also in NI its a pain in the arse post-Brexit trying to buy batteries, nail varnish, Yorkshire tea and plenty of other things here. I order those massive bags when they are on offer at Sainsburys and get them delivered. B& M used to have them for a tenner but never have them in stock anymore.
---
There's an opportunity for you here. Tea-bag pushing. :coffee:

Invest in the big bag, give a few freebies to friends and family.

They'll be at your door morning, noon and night looking for 'a wee supply'.

You'll soon have enough dosh to float your yacht on Yorkshire tea.

FTR, I only expect 5% commission per year for the first ten years. :cool:
The price of Yorkshire tea here is so high I'm thinking of starting to sell crack to fund my tea habit.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You've just reminded me of my own mothers battshittery.
For many years she imported a single blend tea from Sri Lanka after visiting the plantation on a holiday (she is often a peak MN mum....!)
However due to increasing CoL she "tried" Yorkshire Gold - fell in love with it and the rest is history. She'd swear blind Yorkshire Gold is better..
I'll know they're in trouble if they went to standard Yorkshire tea however. That would truly be the end of days....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember being a poor student and buying Sainsbury's basics tea. I claimed that all tea tastes the same. Oh my God, the comments I got!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
You've just reminded me of my own mothers battshittery.
For many years she imported a single blend tea from Sri Lanka after visiting the plantation on a holiday (she is often a peak MN mum....!)
However due to increasing CoL she "tried" Yorkshire Gold - fell in love with it and the rest is history. She'd swear blind Yorkshire Gold is better..
I'll know they're in trouble if they went to standard Yorkshire tea however. That would truly be the end of days....
That's true tea dedication. I take Yorkshire tea on holiday with me but I've never imported foodstuffs. Unfortunately I don't have a MN approved six figure earning DH so I have never experienced the poshness of Yorkshire Gold. I wonder if I should sort out my wildfowl and LTB?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We’ll all those MN's with their huge salads will be suffering from ecolI! It’s been traced to salad leaves

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I just looked up a banana. So approx 100 calories which a walk to the corner shop and back would burn off.

What are they complaining about??

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I haven’t been to the US in a while so things may well have changed. But do kidnappers routinely check into the Marriot and park themselves at the peephole on the off chance a British teen will be strolling down so they can leap out and drag them into the room?

Can you recommend any hotel chains not frequented by characters from SVU?

I am happy to take on this little research project for the team. It will be hard work but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. I’ll start with a week at the Ritz-Carlton and report back with my findings as to how many kidnappers were sighted. Then I’ll repeat the experiment for a week at the Four Seasons, and so on. I’ll charge my expenses to the usual account, I assume?

Following this arduous investigation and research, I will be working from home for 7 minutes a week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I am happy to take on this little research project for the team. It will be hard work but it’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make. I’ll start with a week at the Ritz-Carlton and report back with my findings as to how many kidnappers were sighted. Then I’ll repeat the experiment for a week at the Four Seasons, and so on. I’ll charge my expenses to the usual account, I assume?

Following this arduous investigation and research, I will be working from home for 7 minutes a week.
No wonder you're on a six figure salary. Do you need an assistant researcher?
---
Are you sure that's not because you admitted a while ago that you are actually a middle aged man:unsure:
I inadvertently quoted a man from the Snag tights Facebook page, without making it clear it was a quote, and some people thought I was confessing to being a sweaty middle-aged man with a penchant for wearing ladies tights.
I'm not. And if I was, I would never allow a grandson of mine to be called KEVIN.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Next level nonsense post of the day. Hysterical mother thinks her MIL wants to abduct her granddaughter because she bought a heart-shaped frame to display a photo of her in.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Next level nonsense post of the day. Hysterical mother thinks her MIL wants to abduct her granddaughter because she bought a heart-shaped frame to display a photo of her in.
You mean a HEART shaped frame, don't you? The woman is batshit crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I bought my former manager a mug that said on it :

I have the patience of a saint.
St Cunty McFuckoff

She said she would use it backwards on our next Teams meeting but sadly the motif was printed on both sides so she had to cup it with both hands to maintain her professionalism 😂
She also was not very patient or saintly, bless her. She was a good laugh and fair manager though ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Need a poisonous cup? You’ll need a MN-approved six-figure warning husband - or stop spending your UC on UPFs and Marlboro light menthols - but these are things of beauty:

In batshit MN paranoia - I have recently learned a woman at the other end of my village has bought all the houses in her road so she doesn’t have to deal with neighbours (think people who wouldn’t Knock on your door anyway because you’re mental).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Feeling quietly smug this evening knowing that I left the bagged salad in the fridge yet another day and opted for the malteser brownie. I won’t tit myself inside out and cause irreparable damage to my heart. What will they tell DCoroner?

I’m pretty sure one of the times I got banned from MN was for telling them they were more likely to get ecoli from bagged salad than a blue steak.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I've seen those pillowcase sized bags - cost a packet!

Have you tried Punjana? It's an Irish tea company, but I couldn't say if NI or Eire. It's a very good tea, but as I say, a bit pricier than Yorkshire.
Punjana tea is lovely,a proper old fashioned brew. It's all we ever buy

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.