Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else enjoy reading boards about subjects that they normally have no interest in? I'm a cat person through and through but I LOVE reading The Doghouse on MN. MN doggie people are absolutely bleeping deranged (and I say this as a mad cat lady). They love nothing better than giving someone whose having a hard time a good kicking and they make dog ownership look like the least fun thing ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Does anyone else enjoy reading boards about subjects that they normally have no interest in? I'm a cat person through and through but I LOVE reading The Doghouse on MN. MN doggie people are absolutely bleeping deranged (and I say this as a mad cat lady). They love nothing better than giving someone whose having a hard time a good kicking and they make dog ownership look like the least fun thing ever.
Yes! I love the horse topic even though I don't ride and have zero interest in horses otherwise.

Reactions: 8
Is that the thread where she said something like she made them for the kids and she doesn’t even know why her husband ate any because adults don’t need biscuits.

Why do children NEED biscuits?!
What will she tell the dnhs when her children are obese?
Doesn’t she care some children are starving?

And the real question:

If she thinks adults don’t need biscuits is that because she has such severe dementia she’s forgotten biscuits are delicious?
I am an adult and can confirm that I do need biscuits. M&S extra filling custard creams to be precise.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I love the doghouse. I have cats but it’s put me off having a dog completely.

According to the doghouse, once you have a dog, your quality of life and mental health no longer matters. The only thing that matters now is that the dog. Even if it’s rabid and shits on your side of the bed every day. It’s part of the family now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
LilyPond

Does anyone else enjoy reading boards about subjects that they normally have no interest in?

Yes - the Royal Family board, to my shame.
It's not that I've absolutely no interest in the RF, I like pictures of pretty clothes and so forth, but I just don't get how absolutely crazy the Will & Kate Vs the Harry & Meghan thing is and how absorbed people get.
Posters have such up-and-downers on there and seem to be there for most of the day.
Catching up on it is like watching a particularly virulent soap!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I am allergic to horses, but I love the Tack section.

Cats are bastards. Especially the little swine in my avatar.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes! I love the horse topic even though I don't ride and have zero interest in horses otherwise.
Horse people are absolutely bleeping bonkers. I grew up quite horsey and occasionally think about getting back into it. Having to use a yard and talk to horsey people (apart from the astronomical expense) is largely what puts me off!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have a horse (pony), but my yard only has sane people, as the yard manager is idiot intolerant (thank god)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
yes! Primary and secondary education, especially around school appeals time.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Which thread is this, please?
In AIBU - “scammed by fake Seasalt web page”. It wasn’t even a real website, it was a Facebook ad for “Seasalts” clothes at 3.99 each.
---
Yes! I’m strangely drawn to S&B despite being the proud owner of a pair of the ugly shoes as featured in the recently deleted thread about ugly shoes, and being size Walmart which means I can only fit one finger into the leg of any of the pants/trousers discussed and recommended there.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
In AIBU - “scammed by fake Seasalt web page”. It wasn’t even a real website, it was a Facebook ad for “Seasalts” clothes at 3.99 each.
that sounds EXCELLENT, thanks.
---
Oh, it’s good! They don’t get ‘proper jobs’ because it’s easier to con thick people out of cash 🤣

1716117201475.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On a “what’s for dinner” thread…(I like to play MN bingo on those threads). Please don’t invite me for dinner at your place if this is your dinner:

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
On a “what’s for dinner” thread…(I like to play MN bingo on those threads). Please don’t invite me for dinner at your place if this is your dinner:
She wouldn't open the door to you anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yes, I read the Stepparenting board despite being neither a stepparent, nor a parent (if you don't count the 3 cats and 2 dogs).

It is simultaneously fascinating and horrifying to realise every evil Disney stepmother somehow made it to the 21st Century and got a Mumsnet account.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yes, I read the Stepparenting board despite being neither a stepparent, nor a parent (if you don't count the 3 cats and 2 dogs).

It is simultaneously fascinating and horrifying to realise every evil Disney stepmother somehow made it to the 21st Century and got a Mumsnet account.
I'm a bit addicted to that one too. Nobody on there seems to make the connection that if the ex wife is such a bleep then either their DH has terrible taste or that maybe he has a type. Especially the ones who are supposedly addicts and psychopaths with years of police involvement. What attracted him?

Reactions: 12
It's 7pm in Thailand and I've been travelling since 5.30 this morning to get here, so I've only just finished my first proper meal of the day, which was..........
20240519_174535.jpg

a salad of absolutely gargantuan proportions - the picture doesn't do it justice, that bowl was about 10cm deep. I got you all - I've been a MNer under deep cover all along! Sayonara everyone, me and my size Japanese ass are going back to my natural home so I can bleach my hole and be incapable of doing basic life tit.
(oh no wait, I also ordered a MASSIVE curry, some MASSIVE spring rolls and a MASSIVE chocolate fudge sundae because I'm a normal person, instead of nibbling on the end of a pumpkin seed and declaring myself stuffed. Guess I'd better stay on Tattle with the other fatties after all)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm a bit addicted to that one too. Nobody on there seems to make the connection that if the ex wife is such a bleep then either their DH has terrible taste or that maybe he has a type. Especially the ones who are supposedly addicts and psychopaths with years of police involvement. What attracted him?
Yes! Also ‘the ex wife is a violent psycho who screams constantly, drinks Malibu around the clock, brings strange men home and throws 36 hour parties, my husband sees the kids one day out of every 100 but doesn’t want to pay maintenance to support her social life can we reduce it’ ‘have you been to court for custody’ ‘no, kids should be with their mum’ - erm… what?

But then you also have the ‘my step children are 45 and 47, they hit me, bite me and spit on me, they steal from me and trash the house AIBU to have dh have a word?’ ‘Yes, you’re their stepmother not their mother’ ‘were you the other woman?’ ‘Children come first’ ‘you chose a man with children’.

I think the problem arises from the majority of ‘first wives’ posting about evil step mothers and the majority of step mothers posting about evil mothers and very few seeing the grey between the black and white.

I would never be a step parent!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.