Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hedge fund managers are 7 figures.

I saw some Batshitva dresses in a shop the other day for the first time: it looked like the cast of Little House on the Prairie had exploded.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Definitely as a side hustle! I found a couple of quid down the back of the sofa, ironed a couple of shirts and now have £10 mil to play with.

<head tilt> I'm not entirely convinced you are making your best effort here, @50degreesnorth.

I know that may sound rude, but I mean it with kindness. <tinkly laugh>

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ooooh there's a thread in Style and Beauty about a Me and Em dress and someone has come along and linked to Batsheva and other Batshita dresses that are NOTHING like the original dress. I mean, WTAF :ROFLMAO:. It's like a handful of posters have a word document with all these rank dresses linked on that they copy and paste into MN when anyone asks about dresses.
That gold - sorry, celery - coloured one :oops: It looks like the wearer is about to stamp their feet and announce that they‘ll scream and scream and scream until they‘re sick if they don’t get what they want.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm beginning to think they only share those ugly dresses to show (lie) that they spend £500 on a dress and only wear it once.
If you look at the "what I'm wearing today" it's sad tat from Toast and Boden, which whilst ugly isn't £500.

Reactions: 13
I’m going to wear my Batshitva dress for all eternity because it looks like it’ll be really easy for the mortuary assistant to yank on. Cost per day wear? Negligible.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ooooh there's a thread in Style and Beauty about a Me and Em dress and someone has come along and linked to Batsheva and other Batshita dresses that are NOTHING like the original dress. I mean, WTAF :ROFLMAO:. It's like a handful of posters have a word document with all these rank dresses linked on that they copy and paste into MN when anyone asks about dresses.
Those dresses are utterly revolting. 🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I notice many of the old favourites no longer post. Probably all shaking and crying because of us taking the piss. 😂
Does charity shop woman with the Grim reaper boyfriend who lives in the corner of their messy bedroom still post?
---
Why does it matter that you take them to a Royal Park? Can’t you just say a park 🤷🏻‍♀️
I've never heard of a Royal bleeping park 🤣🤣

Sounds like a pretentious park for prentious twats.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Can anyone help a woman in AIBU with a (definitely not D) MIL issue. Her mother in law is petite and once when they visited she said it was a hot day to the posters husband (the MIL son) in an ‘intimate’ way ‘like a lover’ while ‘draped around his neck’.

My mother in law is DEAD and I’ve gone NC with my husband so I have no experience of this kind of issue and can’t help unfortunately.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've never heard of a Royal bleeping park 🤣🤣

Sounds like a pretentious park for prentious twats.
It does, you're right! But she means these places: https://www.royalparks.org.uk/

It's sometimes necessary to call them the Royal Parks if you're actually referring to that specific group of them, but usually you could just call it a London park. And they're quite popular so I don't really see how saying you were in Hyde Park on Saturday would be outing unless you also have a husband who cycles. Or just lie and say you were in Richmond Park...or just say you were in a park/some gardens!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2942790 Would rather die than be a massive fatty
She could just keep eating gluten then she'll damage her gut beyond repair and end up with cancer or needing surgery. That will help her lose weight! If anyone is interested you do usually gain weight as your gut heals due to lost nutrition. As coeliacs we don't absorb certain things properly.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.