Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the suggestion for a swimsuit for a “chubby” 12 year old.

Said 12 year old is normal BMI, slim legs but a “round tummy”. Mum has her on a diet, no seconds, no takeaways, no treats. Not even “junk food” like lasagne, she cooks mainly stews as kid doesn’t want seconds. Mum is dieting with her to help “motivate” her.

Mum loves the costume and is going to show her dd screenshots of it in different colours.
FFS!

🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
On a post about shopping peeves . Poor love , a wee teeny tiny pixie whose size doesn’t even register on the clothing scale .
We’ve lost sight of what a normal size 10 looks like .
Actually a few on there about “vanity sizing “ and how tiny they are !
I've lost 7.5 stone and am now a size 12 and posts like that make me feel like I'm still huge and would have had to wear a marquee in the days before so called "vanity sizing" teeny tiny little cunts...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I've lost 7.5 stone and am now a size 12 and posts like that make me feel like I'm still huge and would have had to wear a marquee in the days before so called "vanity sizing" teeny tiny little cunts...
Thing is, they always say about vanity sizing but I still fit into clothes I bought in the early 2000s - and actually I’m finding I have to buy bigger sizes in some new clothes than my old ones are. I think some of the clothes in the 70s and 80s were cut for different shapes - even when I had a BMI of 17 I couldn’t get into a vintage 16. MN would probably have told me I needed to lose weight…

Reactions: 10
Anyone reading the 'UC are bunch of cunts' on AIBU? They are so bleeping nasty most of them, taking issue with the stupidest things, although some of them are trying to be supportive and address the system failings. It just pisses me off that people can be so vindictive against someone who is working hard, not in a minimum wage job, and STILL being screwed by the system.

Reactions: 11
Honestly sounds like my mum wrote the 12 year old one. She sent me to Weight Watchers at 10, and wondered why I was in an ED clinic at 15. Now I've gone the other way due to numerous health issues and she tells me frequently how disappointed she is.
Actually if she could work a smartphone I'd assume she was on Mumsnet

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Thing is, they always say about vanity sizing but I still fit into clothes I bought in the early 2000s - and actually I’m finding I have to buy bigger sizes in some new clothes than my old ones are. I think some of the clothes in the 70s and 80s were cut for different shapes - even when I had a BMI of 17 I couldn’t get into a vintage 16. MN would probably have told me I needed to lose weight…
That's interesting. I find the opposite, from a different era - early 1980s.

I look (in a wistful way whilst scoffing a couple of scones) at photographs of myself from when I was around 7st. I wore a size 8, or a size 6 if the brand sizing was more generous - Wallis, Principals, Hoi Poloi etc.

I now look around my (young teen) great nieces and at 7st (or thereabouts) they are wearing size 4 or 2 brand dependent. Today's size 8 would drown them.

It's one of the few the only issue I think MN may have right. How they use that issue, though, is an entirely different matter. :mad:

Reactions: 1
I recently bought three dress from the same shop, one was size 14 the other two were size 10, and all fit perfectly so am always sceptical about sizing.

Wish me luck today gang. I’ve decided enough is enough and I’m no longer going to claim UC, I’m just going to get a better paid job. I’m going to submit my application for consultant cardiologist this morning. Finger’s crossed! 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Good luck! Maybe at the interview make it clear you’re also prepared to do people’s ironing in the staff room?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Wish me luck today gang. I’ve decided enough is enough and I’m no longer going to claim UC, I’m just going to get a better paid job. I’m going to submit my application for consultant cardiologist this morning. Finger’s crossed! 🤞
Make sure you identify as having had years of experience in world-famous cardiology departments. That should do it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think you mean you’re going NC with DUC.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Response to every interview question they ask you with "I can't tell you, that's outing."

The thread getting me rolling my eyes lately is the exams one. They are too over-invested in their children's revision but this morning one said their kid has overnight oats and matcha tea every morning... I went to check on my daughter who was scoffing a cereal bar cos she had "no time" to eat breakfast properly but then spent 20 mins curling her hair. But tbf she does well in her exams without me clucking around her. Love to ask her if she wants some matcha tea at 6.30am.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
This is the suggestion for a swimsuit for a “chubby” 12 year old.

Said 12 year old is normal BMI, slim legs but a “round tummy”. Mum has her on a diet, no seconds, no takeaways, no treats. Not even “junk food” like lasagne, she cooks mainly stews as kid doesn’t want seconds. Mum is dieting with her to help “motivate” her.

Mum loves the costume and is going to show her dd screenshots of it in different colours.
That's horrible, it's a cossie designed for your Big Auntie Mavis aged 73, not a 12 year old!

Someone is asking where they can buy a cheap wedding ring from for their wedding on Tuesday as they have forgotten(?) to buy one. Why would you need help with that? If they’re in the UK surely they know what H Samuel is?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Someone is asking where they can buy a cheap wedding ring from for their wedding on Tuesday as they have forgotten(?) to buy one. Why would you need help with that? If they’re in the UK surely they know what H Samuel is?
Feels like a weird flex along the lines of "i didn't plan my wedding so much that I forgot the ring, we ended up having the ceremony in a bus shelter and the reception was in a layby just off the A45 known as a dogging spot. Everyone said it was the best wedding ever!"

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I would assume its so they can say how casual their wedding is and how cool they are.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.