Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Insanity.

My 17m is ill, not been taking fluids and is dehydrated.

I gave her lucozade which is the only thing she’ll drink, but I’ve taken it away because I’m worried it’s harmful.

Jesus bleeping Christ.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Insanity.

My 17m is ill, not been taking fluids and is dehydrated.

I gave her lucozade which is the only thing she’ll drink, but I’ve taken it away because I’m worried it’s harmful.

Jesus bleeping Christ.
Well lucozade is basically sugar, and I think we can all agree we’d rather children be ill than fat *tinkly laugh*

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ffs they’re still going on about the delivery driver being unreasonable. People keep saying they should’ve rang before… he was outside her bleeping house delivering to a house opposite. I mean I know how dare he actually knock on her door but if it was all that bad why didn’t she just say “I’m really sorry I don’t feel physically able to deal with this now”. All the poor guy did was see an opportunity to maybe finish a bit early- they’re painting him as some Devil wears Ocado. I’m sure if she’d said no he’d have come back.

Man asks if he can deliver early as he’s in the area, woman says yes… only mumsnet could turn this into a dressing gown/ breakfasting/ porch door epic bore.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh Jesus the insanity 😂

“I once paid more for a specific day clothes delivery from Asda as I'd be in that day - they came day before and caught and delayed me trying to leave the house - and when I complained couldn't understand why I was upset not pleased I got it early.”

Her George order caused her to be delayed leaving the house… how the duck does that happen? Did he pull up behind her car and start eating his breakfast refusing to move until he’d finished??? Most delivery drivers just ask you to sign and chuck the parcel at you don’t they.

And she complained 😂 imagine being the poor bigger dealing with that complaint.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Well lucozade is basically sugar, and I think we can all agree we’d rather children be ill than fat *tinkly laugh*
Apparently lucozade will put the child in a&e. It’s that much of a health risk.

It’s lucozade SPORT. Maybe they think if you drink it when not doing sport you’ll die?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can I wear this dress as a white woman? I don’t know, do you identify as a sofa?

View attachment 2937377
Holy mother of crap. She’s hardly going out dressed as Pocahontas. Weird they don’t mind dressing like Chinese peasants but they come over all squiffy at the idea of a designer of Nigerian heritage.
Apart from delivery drivers, random strangers in supermarket car parks and the bloke who came to read the meter but wasn’t allowed inside just in case he wanted to use the loo or borrow some lingerie I get the impression that about 95% of Mumsnetters don’t know a single non white person. They are so odd.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
A friend is a copper and her clientele will open the door in any state. She said once you’ve seen one fanny hanging out the bottom of a crop-top (only item of clothing worn), you’ve seen them all. I think she’d have been delighted to be greeted by someone wearing pyjamas.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Absolutely!

And far better for the baby to be in intensive care with immaculate teeth than running about playing at home with perhaps the need for an extra minute's brushing tonight.

Edit - usual AC reasons
---
Ffs they’re still going on about the delivery driver being unreasonable. People keep saying they should’ve rang before… he was outside her bleeping house delivering to a house opposite. I mean I know how dare he actually knock on her door but if it was all that bad why didn’t she just say “I’m really sorry I don’t feel physically able to deal with this now”. All the poor guy did was see an opportunity to maybe finish a bit early- they’re painting him as some Devil wears Ocado. I’m sure if she’d said no he’d have come back.

Man asks if he can deliver early as he’s in the area, woman says yes… only mumsnet could turn this into a dressing gown/ breakfasting/ porch door epic bore.
I've chatted with the delivery person's (both male and female. (Please forgive me - I know I shouldn't treat them as people because they'll get above their station, and also I have to beg another forgiveness because I didn't ask how anyone identified which was very gauche of me). Anyway - where was I? Oh, yes - chatting with the drivers.

Anyway, they are apparently on really tight delivery schedules - they are allowed X minutes/ mile driving, and this doesn't allow for roadworks, breakdowns, traffic jams etc, and the times are the same whether they are on winding country roads, straight town ones, at rush hour or quiet times. They are allowed Y minutes to deliver, and this includes all types of property - 18th floor flats, semi-detached houses, Blenheim Palace with an umpteen mile drive and a servants entrance - whatever. That delivery time also covers any customer who needs or wants them to carry the shopping into the kitchen, unpack it etc,

If you're on such a tight schedule that it only takes a red traffic light to start to push you off your timetable, then I can understand why they take the opportunity to deliver early if they can. Similarly I've seen vans parked up for a few minutes because otherwise it would be deliver to Area A - go to Area B, back to Area A (in the next time slot), then Back to B, then to C then to A again.

They're better delivering to all of A if they can (if the time slots are close), then do B and C. It's a fine balance I suppose

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh Jesus the insanity 😂

“I once paid more for a specific day clothes delivery from Asda as I'd be in that day - they came day before and caught and delayed me trying to leave the house - and when I complained couldn't understand why I was upset not pleased I got it early.”

Her George order caused her to be delayed leaving the house… how the duck does that happen? Did he pull up behind her car and start eating his breakfast refusing to move until he’d finished??? Most delivery drivers just ask you to sign and chuck the parcel at you don’t they.

He demanded she try it on and approve the dress before he left.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I once opened the door to a takeaway with a baby clamped to my boob, the fella obvs was embarrassed and just pointed and went "is that a baby?"

Reported to the DFBI for looking at my tits and in case he was asking in order to kidnap said baby. Obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I would rather be fat, thanks.
I'm living proof steamed veggies v being fat is not an either/or situation.

I love steamed veggies, and I'm also a fat bastard.

Probably due to the double portion of lasagne/battered fish/steak+potatoesx5ways I have with said veggies. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh Jesus the insanity 😂

I’m just surprised a MNer admitted to buying clothes from Asda. I’d have at least said Sezane had that been my post.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That is ridiculous! « I have completely changed the ingredients and it didn’t work, so I will leave a negative review ».
To be fair to MN, that’s taken off a Buzz Feed type page with lots of stupid recipe changes - not MN. Not that some posters might not try it

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.