Mumsnet #38 imagine spending £100 on a notebook and writing 'bleach arsehole' in it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel for this woman and I’m not picking on her as such - but why are the women on Mumsnet (and beyond) so bleeping passive?

Someone is publicly vile to you, FOR YEARS, gets others involved and you still hang out with them and say nothing?

Maybe I’m just a confrontational witch but I’d be all “duck off Sandra, you look like an old shoe. If shoes could be fat!”

No one ever stands up for themselves. Apart from in the fake stories where everyone in Waitrose clapped.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The ones that amuse me are the cleaner complaints ones. Mumsnetters on six figure salaries, managing teams but can't have a reasonable frank conversation with their cleaner. They missed a skirting board so I'm going to text them to say don't come anymore. Everyone agrees that the scum bag cleaner needs to go!
"Iris. There's a cobweb on the bannister. Would you be able to get the duster out and remove it please?"
"Yes Mrs Levinson. No problem"
The end.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I feel for this woman and I’m not picking on her as such - but why are the women on Mumsnet (and beyond) so bleeping passive?

Someone is publicly vile to you, FOR YEARS, gets others involved and you still hang out with them and say nothing?

Maybe I’m just a confrontational witch but I’d be all “duck off Sandra, you look like an old shoe. If shoes could be fat!”

No one ever stands up for themselves. Apart from in the fake stories where everyone in Waitrose clapped.
They'll tell you it's because they're people pleasers and on some level they think it's admirable, that they put others before themselves etc.

But it's not. People pleasing is basically enabling horrible behaviour because you're scared of being disliked if you don't accept it...even when you don't like the person doing it. It's an incredibly insincere way to live, causes you to be dishonest to everyone because you only ever say and do what each individual person wants, and inevitably builds resentment that nothing else is swooping in to deal with it for you. You only have to see the number of self-confessed people pleasers on there saying the problem is that they're too nice before going on the attack for anyone who doesn't agree it's a virtue and actually thinks it's rather horrible.

And some of them will have been raised to fear confrontation and not be able to handle it. But I've got more patience for those who realise they need to learn some coping mechanisms and take some action than those who just bewail that natural justice isn't coming about while they do nothing and think it makes them better people.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well yes, but personally for my children, Chlamydia and Anthrax, they positively insist on a chai latte with their hummus and crudités platter
Hang on hummus and crudites are not MN food are they? In my house they're "refuses to eat proper food so has cut up trifecta of pepperscucumbercarrots (all one word) every bastard day" (those mini cucumbers you get now are the best invention, one less thing to cut up).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hang on hummus and crudites are not MN food are they? In my house they're "refuses to eat proper food so has cut up trifecta of pepperscucumbercarrots (all one word) every bastard day" (those mini cucumbers you get now are the best invention, one less thing to cut up).
I’m sure I’ve read hummus, crudités and trifecta on the names board 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Well yes, but personally for my children, Chlamydia and Anthrax, they positively insist on a chai latte with their hummus and crudités platter
Oh I love the name Anthrax, but when I asked on the baby names board someone said it was chavvy - then they all started shouting at each other pretending not to know what chavvy meant. I did want a unique spelling though, so I wanted to go for Anphracks as I thought it’d look nice on his Eton application.
---
I’m sure I’ve read hummus, crudités and trifecta on the names board 😂
That’s sublime for a sibset

*bleeping loons. Sibset. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
There seems to be a weird bullying friend troll at the moment. They keep posting stuff like this then arguing with people who respond. Then the thread gets deleted
1715249790313.png

Well today they have gone for a different tactic and just started telling posters to duck off:D
1715250006070.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
They'll tell you it's because they're people pleasers and on some level they think it's admirable, that they put others before themselves etc.

But it's not. People pleasing is basically enabling horrible behaviour because you're scared of being disliked if you don't accept it...even when you don't like the person doing it. It's an incredibly insincere way to live, causes you to be dishonest to everyone because you only ever say and do what each individual person wants, and inevitably builds resentment that nothing else is swooping in to deal with it for you. You only have to see the number of self-confessed people pleasers on there saying the problem is that they're too nice before going on the attack for anyone who doesn't agree it's a virtue and actually thinks it's rather horrible.

And some of them will have been raised to fear confrontation and not be able to handle it. But I've got more patience for those who realise they need to learn some coping mechanisms and take some action than those who just bewail that natural justice isn't coming about while they do nothing and think it makes them better people.
Totally agree. I have shaken a lot of my people pleasing side as I’ve got older and I am immeasurably happier for it. I remain a nice, friendly, engaging person whose job rests in part on my people skills, but with far less negativity and resentment because I am willing to have difficult conversations and say no sometimes too.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A serious one here which has made me angry.

poster is devastated that her husband spent a huge amount at a strip club, she's looking for support and advice, obviously.

Among a few sensible posts there's pages of he obviously got a wank leave the fucker, in addition to pages of strippers arguing amongst themselves about whether they are prostitutes.

Now whatever the rights or wrongs of it all, they are too busy trying to score points off each other rather than give any actual advice.

It's make me bloody angry this morning.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’d love to know the ratio of real to made up posts on mumsnet. I can just imagine someone really bored folding the washing and coming up with some totally random situation and posting it on MN and really living it. Like “just folding the washing and found a number in DHs pocket. I called it from a withheld and it’s my ex best friend who is a narcissist and treat me terribly especially on her hen do when she made me sleep in the fold out bed. I found out they’d slept together before we were in a relationship. She always flirted with him but she is a flirt. My DH has been going to his hobby more recently. Should I be worried?”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’d love to know the ratio of real to made up posts on mumsnet. I can just imagine someone really bored folding the washing and coming up with some totally random situation and posting it on MN and really living it. Like “just folding the washing and found a number in DHs pocket. I called it from a withheld and it’s my ex best friend who is a narcissist and treat me terribly especially on her hen do when she made me sleep in the fold out bed. I found out they’d slept together before we were in a relationship. She always flirted with him but she is a flirt. My DH has been going to his hobby more recently. Should I be worried?”
That would be an awesome thread. You’d have people advocating a tracker on his car, hire a private detective, get 30 minutes free with a tit hot lawyer, arrange your feathered friends with webbed feet, and LTB.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.