Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dunno. I picture their husbands as the type of feebs who cry after sex. So needing therapy because his scrapbook-since-childhood dream wedding didn’t pan out tracks.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
In Style and Beauty a poster has said she's lost a huge amount of weight and would like ideas for a WOW dress to attend a beach wedding in Cyprus. Wants the top of her arms covered but open to suggestions.

Halter necks and cut out mini dresses have appeared along with a few Rod Jane and Freddy would look goid in.

I think there's 1 actual WOW dress among hundreds.
I truly LOL-ed at the poster who suggested a dress from Roman Originals that was more ‘78-yr-old Brenda at the Friday night bingo’ than ‘Wow dress for a destination beach wedding’ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m considering getting weight loss jabs to be honest. I meet the NHS criteria for prescription, and I have tried every type of (sensible) diet going. Now I’m in menopause absolutely nothing works and the weight is just piling on. I have been lurking on the Mounjaro threads and lots of them seem to be in the same position. It really is miserable when ‘eat less, move more’ is brought out as it really is so much more complex than that for some of us. I don’t binge, comfort eat, I eat pretty healthily, go to the gym, but nothing is working for me. The thing that stops me so far is the idea of it all coming back on. But some of the people posting on there sound just like I feel to be honest, and seem to be trying to find the right way of eating for them.
I’ve lost nearly 3 stone on them. I tried all the usual methods in the years before with not much success. I met the criteria, my GP is aware and happy with my progress. I very seldom feel nauseous and even then only if I overdo either drink or food. I still eat whatever I want, only I want much less and feel full quickly.

I’d recommend it for anyone considering it. There are Tattle threads that are very helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I was watching interior design masters and Mary Portas using "this looks just like Paris" as a compliment. I've never ever wanted to go France but now feel like I'm missing out on a magical place.
I saw that. I've been to Paris and that shop didn't take me back there. I remembered the chaos and homeless people and the mobile soup kitchens.

Oh and my oh getting scammed next to the eiffel tower with a cup and ball game and him being furious and me trying not to laugh😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I had never heard of £100 notes. But as I'm not a mumsnetter, rather than going on the thread and declaring it to be untrue because if I haven't seen it then it can't be, I managed to Google it and educate myself:LOL:

I also don't believe the thread at all. Most of them wouldn't say boo to a goose and can't even bring themselves to open their front door, let alone do something like that in front of other people
I think that a lot of what goes on Mumsnet is a projection of what they wished they could have done. In reality she probably took £20 from her own purse at most. I think that she was deliberately trying to make a point about how middle class she was over having £100 notes.

I don't know how a Mumsnetter would cope if I told them that I come across plenty of £50 notes a day and the occasional £100 at my work in the petrol station! And it's mostly workmen who have them and not a suitably middle class person ! They would be fainting!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m considering getting weight loss jabs to be honest. I meet the NHS criteria for prescription, and I have tried every type of (sensible) diet going. Now I’m in menopause absolutely nothing works and the weight is just piling on. I have been lurking on the Mounjaro threads and lots of them seem to be in the same position. It really is miserable when ‘eat less, move more’ is brought out as it really is so much more complex than that for some of us. I don’t binge, comfort eat, I eat pretty healthily, go to the gym, but nothing is working for me. The thing that stops me so far is the idea of it all coming back on. But some of the people posting on there sound just like I feel to be honest, and seem to be trying to find the right way of eating for them.
Come over and join us on the thread here if you want to find out more

Reactions: 4
Just don’t put it in the trifle.
---

I worked in the photo lab of a large retailer with a blue logo (think something rhymes with Small-Cart) as a young person. I think I’ve seen more photos of the soles of baby’s feet on a fluffy towel or cradled in an adult’s hand than there have ever been people on the earth.
Ahh yes!! Lots and lots of photos of babies! (can confirm, only your own children are adorable, all the rest look like potatoes)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thanks, people. I really am tempted. A friend is doing it and is losing weight really well. She eats three normal meals a day too, but small portions, and hasn’t really had many side effects.

Reactions: 4
I’ve lost nearly 3 stone on them. I tried all the usual methods in the years before with not much success. I met the criteria, my GP is aware and happy with my progress. I very seldom feel nauseous and even then only if I overdo either drink or food. I still eat whatever I want, only I want much less and feel full quickly.

I’d recommend it for anyone considering it. There are Tattle threads that are very helpful.
I’m not against medication for weight loss and I’m glad it’s working for you. The concern I have is the online pharmacies don’t have stringent enough checks and some people who don’t meet the criteria are using the medication.
Do they work by reducing appetite or reducing the speed of food absorption?
Good luck with continuing to lose weight. ❤

• Heart
The tattle weight loss injection threads seem much more stable and sensible compared to the mumsnet ones. Tattlers seem to put a lot more thought into it and how it works, as well as changing their lifestyle with it. Someone on mumsnet will say "I'm 10 stone and want to lose weight" and someone will come along and straight away suggest injections when they shouldn't even be allowed to get them at that weight

Recently there was a thread from someone saying she's stopped taking it and started putting weight back on straight away. And then said that she's gone back to eating how she was before and hadn't changed her eating habits at all but was surprised that she's gaining weight again🤷‍♀️

Mumsnetters seem to tout it as a miracle drug that doesn't involve any effort, lifestyle changes or consideration. I've noticed the same with them suggesting weight loss surgery too

Reactions: 14
I’m not against medication for weight loss and I’m glad it’s working for you. The concern I have is the online pharmacies don’t have stringent enough checks and some people who don’t meet the criteria are using the medication.
Do they work by reducing appetite or reducing the speed of food absorption?
Good luck with continuing to lose weight. ❤

Both! It takes much longer for food to be digested so you feel fuller faster and for longer. Your appetite is reduced and the thought of a large portion of anything turns you right off.

I still eat and try to make healthy choices. If I’m eating out I can’t have a starter if I want to enjoy a main course. Forget about a dessert!

I don’t mind people asking or having doubts, I’m happy with my choices.

My health has improved and joint pain disappeared since losing weight.

I agree that people who just need to lose half a stone for Majorca shouldn’t do it. For those of us with a few stone to lose, who have been on one diet or another for years without lasting results, the jabs are amazing.

Like all weight loss methods, if you don’t change your lifestyle the pounds will pile back on when you stop. It’s not a quick fix or short term solution.

• Heart
About three days before lockdown kicked in I went to a private event at a theme park. Running one of the rides was a lad fully masked and wearing two pairs of latex gloves. I watched as every now and then he’d go and use hand sanitiser on said gloves.
To this day I can’t decide if there was any point, but the image of him scuttling back and forth to sanitise his gloves stayed with me as the start of folk going a bit funny.

• Haha
  • Wow
I really want to know some of the many ways a child could be harmed by alcohol in a desert!
Is it really a criminal offence to give children desserts with alcohol in?! Best ring the police on me.... my 3 year old was choffing down tiramisu with much gusto at the weekend.... she bloody loves the stuff.... am I setting her up for a life of alcoholism?!
---
Urgh. You don’t have sex with your DH do you? That’s so unhygienic. I didn’t have sex with my husband until my youngest was 19 as I was still breastfeeding.
Ermmm how did you make said 19 year old without shagging your husband?! :p I can see right through your lies..... no flies on me!

• Haha
This sounds like a recipe for having the shits every day
View attachment 2882847
I came here (running) to share this!!

I saw the title claiming a miracle cure and expected to see some decent scientific research

Imagine the disappointment when it turned out to be stuffed bloody dates

gutted, off to consume sugar and eagerly await the next Mumsnetter with a ‘miracle’

• Haha
Those stuffed dates sound awful (and I like all the ingredients, it’s just the combination)

Didn’t frozen grapes use to be the miracle cure?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.