Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just going back to the wow dress at a wedding thread, I see NatashaDancing was first in there with her batshit suggestions

1713448012386.png

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Just leaving this here....
The countries where French is spoken aren't very MN surely apart from France.
Canada, too American
Belgium, too many frites and chocolate
Senegal, Mali, Gabon...well too African and poor
Haiti, too poor
Martinique, too much rum, children might be influenced
Madagascar, not since those dreadful films with Sascha Baron Cohen

Oh hang on...
Switzerland, lots of rules and especially no noise after 10pm. Ok this is perfect...

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm pretty sure the MN mods definitely read here as I got banned after they cross-referenced me posting under the same username. Unless enough of the twats reported me for my 'troll' thread, which absolutely wasn't a troll thread either!

I actually speak French and Spanish pretty well but I never go to French-speaking places and in Spain most people where I go not only speak English but they are English. I also speak a little bit of Italian, Russian and Japanese but that's because I'm autistic as duck and you know... 'special interests'. Just call me rain man ;)

PS: are we forgetting that St Bart's is French.....was supposed to go there on a cruise once but couldn't dock due to the weather - I was gutted as I've always fancied myself mingling along with the great and the good in my not at all fake Chanel espadrilles...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
A pub locally has gone viral for being dog friendly but child free. I was hoping it would cause an MN froth but nothing so far that I can see.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m still thrown when people talk about taking their kids to the pub. No wonder pubs have died a death - who the duck wants to hang out at a glorified soft play?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
A pub locally has gone viral for being dog friendly but child free. I was hoping it would cause an MN froth but nothing so far that I can see.
That would descend into major chaos because half of them hate dogs and half of them will be furious that anyone would take their kids to a pub when they had paid for a babysitter to have a break from kids and will have a go at anyone complaining they can’t take their kids there.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I used to go to the pub to get away from my kids, I didn't want to be surrounded by other kids.
I went to the pub one lovely sunny afternoon a couple of years ago for some al fresco lunch midweek with a friend, and there was a couple there with a little girl who was around 5 years old.
She kept wandering up to us and annoying us, plus she had the most enormous green snot bubble hanging out of her nose.
Despite us telling her parents to call her back, she kept coming over to us.
Out food arrived and before my friend had a chance to pick her cutlery up, the little girl grabbed a handful of her chips.
That tipped my mate over the edge, she stood up and bellowed in her best south Yorkshire accent....
' if tha dunt keep tha brat away from me, I'll chuck her over that chuffing fence and your two after her!'
They downed their drink in one and made a hasty exit.
I couldn't eat my lunch for laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
For me, it's a tad like holiday destinations.

First question, what is there for kids to do?

Any positive/enthusiastic response results in a speedy 'Next!' from me.

Same with pubs. Is it dog/child friendly? 'Next!'

I simply don't see pubs as locations suitable for children or dogs. Kids running riot and/or dogs honking of damp? It's a definite no from me.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like both kids and dogs. I just don't want them in a venue where there's even the off-chance I'll be eating and/or swearing. :)

Reactions: 12
I remember going out for our first meal out without my newborn daughter and the waiter taking past all the empty seats to sit with a family of kids, and we were both like "no way, we didn't leave our kid at home to hang out with other people's annoying kids." Also remember saving lots to stay at a fancy spa that was like a stately home, get down for dinner and it was just annoying kids :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
“There are teenagers hanging out in the park at night drinking” - aye Susan, that’s because the bleeping pub is full of weans!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I have taken my child to the pub, regularly in fact.

But as the parent I see it as my responsibility to:
1. choose a suitable "family friendly" pub
2. go during "family" sensible times (i.e. lunch)
3. keep her bloody quiet and still and calm (easily done thankfully for us)
4. accept that other people might swear or be drinky and that's my problem not theirs

I have no issue with a pub choosing to be kid free, that just makes it clearer for us!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Part of growing up is sitting quiet in a pub with your glass bottle of coke and a packet of bacon fries whilst your parents have a few drinks with their friends. But you were always kicked out fairly early.

Also, I love dogs. My 2 are my life but the entitlement that people have in regards to being dog friendly really grates on me. I don’t mind bringing my girls to outdoor cafes or beer gardens when they’ve room and fresh air but I don’t want them wedged under a wee table while I try to eat and they don’t want to be either.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think that a lot of what goes on Mumsnet is a projection of what they wished they could have done. In reality she probably took £20 from her own purse at most. I think that she was deliberately trying to make a point about how middle class she was over having £100 notes.

I don't know how a Mumsnetter would cope if I told them that I come across plenty of £50 notes a day and the occasional £100 at my work in the petrol station! And it's mostly workmen who have them and not a suitably middle class person ! They would be fainting!
There is a cashpoint near saint pauls, that dispenses £50 notes, I wasn’t aware of this before I used it, really struggled to spend them

Reactions: 3
Mumsnet has been invaded. Different topics being targeted. All threads started by different usernames.
---
Its actually worse than I first thought. It looks like every single topic has been targeted not just some.
Ooh looks like they've been raided by 4Chan. How exciting

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Ooh looks like they've been raided by 4Chan. How exciting
Oh dear. All those Yummy Mummies, with their big, very important jobs in 'media' having to deal with a real issue.

No doubt, they'll have spent hours shaking and sobbing desperately seeking a 6'4", hollow-legged, rugby playing husband to sort it out for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I remember going out for our first meal out without my newborn daughter and the waiter taking past all the empty seats to sit with a family of kids, and we were both like "no way, we didn't leave our kid at home to hang out with other people's annoying kids." Also remember saving lots to stay at a fancy spa that was like a stately home, get down for dinner and it was just annoying kids :(

I’ve done exactly the same thing. We weren’t paying a babysitter to go sit next to other people’s kids.

My brother and his family and me and mine all went out one Hogmanay for a meal, kids ranged between 1 and 12 years. A couple next to us moved…I didn’t think anything of it.

Reactions: 5
You see, I quite like being around people with kids when mine are not with me. I enjoy the fact that I’m not experiencing what they are. Obviously that enjoyment fades as soon as those children bother me.
---
I’m not against medication for weight loss and I’m glad it’s working for you. The concern I have is the online pharmacies don’t have stringent enough checks and some people who don’t meet the criteria are using the medication.
Do they work by reducing appetite or reducing the speed of food absorption?
Good luck with continuing to lose weight. ❤
I’ve only read the Mounjaro thread but all the people posting on there (according to themselves at least) meet the criteria. I’ve seen them express distaste for FB groups full of people trying to cheat the online pharmacies - and I do totally agree that it seems incredibly easy to get this stuff when you shouldn’t be if you fake evidence.

Reactions: 4
Poster is going on this holiday which is very similar to a holiday we went to recently. It cost a few grand as you can imagine, yet this poster is spending £30k on the holiday!!! We actually went away for longer than they are, flew business class and stayed in nice hotels. I can't even comprehend spending £30k!
This sounds amazing! I’d love a holiday like this….tell me ALL your booking secrets because I find it so frustrating scouring the web for deals!! ❤

Reactions: 3