Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Eurgh @Geetbo and @Ineedmorecoffee are all to blame for this delightful title

Recently we've learned that mumsnetters are still having problems with wafty fannies, you should be kind to people who post close ups of their fannies on the internet because you never know what they are going through, and that apparently mumsnetters think tattlers are obsessed with poo and fannies. Go figure

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I’ve seen a few threads over there recently about alcohol levels in puddings and how they should have WARNINGS. Aye pet, that’s why you see teenagers binge-eating family tubs of tiramisu. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 51
We've lost sight of what a normal sized plate should look like for our teeny tiny baby sparrow portions🐦
1713343045306.png

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ve seen a few threads over there recently about alcohol levels in puddings and how they should have WARNINGS. Aye pet, that’s why you see teenagers binge-eating family tubs of tiramisu. 🙄
Loitering in the park on a Friday night with a box of cherry liquer chocolates is how I spent my youth 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Ahh admittedly not long ago we replaced all our crockery. And the plates ARE huge and now my kitchen cupboard doors don't shut properly (because it's a 90s kitchen in desperate need of modernisation).
But I can get a WHOLE pizza on a plate which means it's all a net win.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Yeah that 25mm extra makes all the difference. You can get at least another 3 green beans on that plate.
The silly bleep does know you don't have to fill the plate up to the edges, doesn't she?
She should do if she's a teeny tiny, wouldn't she just place a dainty dab of blended green salad in the centre for her evening meal? In fact, wouldn't a bigger plate make it look smaller and therefore be ideal?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Late to the last thread party but I'm also in the I heart USA camp... currently planning a solo road trip for my 40th from New York to Miami.

Oh and also if anyone fancies looking it up, the compilation on YouTube of Sean Bean saying 'bastard' is an absolute thing of beauty...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
In Mumsnet land there’s about 6 countries

America - fat, guns, loud, bad kids
UK - fat, lazy, bad kids
Spain - where fat, lazy brits take their badly behaved kids on holiday and get sunburnt and drunk
Australia - where their kids move to and they get angry, where their siblings or siblings in law move to to and then don’t pull their weight in the family
Canada - see Australia
France - amazing, skinny people, well behaved kids

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Have you ever been on the holiday boards there? I never recognise the descriptions of the places I've been to on there "don't go to x it's dangerous" given that most of my holidays are as a single woman or with my teenage daughter. But hey if it keeps mumsnetters away from visiting, silver lining!!

Reactions: 16
Have you ever been on the holiday boards there? I never recognise the descriptions of the places I've been to on there "don't go to x it's dangerous" given that most of my holidays are as a single woman or with my teenage daughter. But hey if it keeps mumsnetters away from visiting, silver lining!!
I have actually never looked at it, except maybe if something there was trending. It occurs to me that it would be a gold mine...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
We've moved on from early onset dementia and peri menopause diagnosis and now jumped straight to ovarian cancer as the first reply
1713352515871.png

1713352579151.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
This screenshot of a post sums up the prissiness and wannabe middle class-ness of the typical MN poster.
---
‘Casual trainers’ 🤮
Why can they never name anything. Always ‘a well known brand’ ‘a hobby’ ‘think French’ just say it or don’t bother posting. It’s the MN version of posting ‘fuming’ on Facebook.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
This screenshot of a post sums up the prissiness and wannabe middle class-ness of the typical MN poster.
---
‘Casual trainers’ 🤮
it sounds less like a middle-class wannabe and more like a confused elderly person who has only just realised how discount codes and the internet works. Buying your clothes from a colour supplement is hardly high fashion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
As I can't access Tattle from my phone I'm a bit behind- I can only join in at work lunchbreak.

Anyway, my kid was at boarding school for 6th form for lockdown two. Home schooling was bloody horrendous. When they threatened lockdown three his lovely lovely headteacher said she'd have him in school for MH reasons if that's what it took. Thankfully it never came to that and clearly I must hate my own child in Mumsnet land.

• Heart
Reactions: 9