Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am very mindful of how much air I consume, DNHS is on its knees and I’m not surprised. All around me I see people just literally shoving it down their throats day in, day out.
You’re so selfish.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My favourite weight one recently was the ‘if you’re 5ft 3 how much do you weigh’ thread with dozens of posters tripping over themselves to exclaim that they were GROSSLY DISGUSTINGLY OBESE and wearing a size 16 at 10st and had to lose 3 stone to look remotely acceptable again 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I genuinely never needed to watch what I ate and remained a size 12 (which I know is obese to MN but oh well). Then I hit 40 and the pounds started piling on. Those skinny witches aren’t going to know what’s hit them when age catches up with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I genuinely never needed to watch what I ate and remained a size 12 (which I know is obese to MN but oh well). Then I hit 40 and the pounds started piling on. Those skinny witches aren’t going to know what’s hit them when age catches up with them.
Likewise. 39 now and into size 14. Over 13 stone. A beached whale really on MN

• Heart
Reactions: 7
At the great risk of being considered a smug teeny-tiny back in the day, I was 6st12lb when I started work at 16. I was 5'4" tall. I was skinny, always had been and attracted a lot of comments on how skinny I was from being a small child. My entire family is like that though - skinny. We ate healthily, plentifully and together as a family. My mother was a tad coddling and would make us something different from the rest when she knew we did not like, say, pork. None of our friends who were invited to eat with us ever mentioned us having small portions (quite the reverse, really) and would tell others about how great the food was at ours.

People at work, who obviously did not know me, thought I was being starved at home and would question what I'd had for dinner, breakfast etc. whilst commenting on how skinny I was. I didn't think I was skinny, I was just 'me'. I'd wolf as much as my brothers (all older) and doing heavy physical jobs. I'd happily scoff four filled rolls, a couple of biscuits and a can of juice for lunch.

Looking back, people may have thought I was anorexic or such. I wasn't, I was just me.

Fast forward and prior to getting married, I went on the pill <hormones> and my weight 'shot up' to 8st1lb. It hovered around the 8st mark except when under stress (bereavement, divorce, family illness etc.) when I would genuinely forget to eat, never feeling hunger pangs etc. When that happened my weight would fall back as low as 7st without me even noticing, other than clothes were loose and people expressing concern for me.

Apart from times of stress, my weight hovered around 8st for 20 years until different hormones kicked in - peri at 39. On piled a stone or so with zero lifestyle changes on my part.

Further hormones kicked in a few years later - full menopause at 44 - when my body decided from then on to just accumulate every calorie I consumed as fat.

Since then, I've been repeatedly tested for thyroid issues and/or diabetes - always negative.

I believe anyone who says they are just naturally skinny/slim or unable to lose weight no matter how concerted their effort to do so is. I've been both.

Like other posters on this thread, my laugh is of a tinkly nature when those teeny tinies bang on about obesity always being a choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
At the great risk of being considered a smug teeny-tiny back in the day, I was 6st12lb when I started work at 16. I was 5'4" tall. I was skinny, always had been and attracted a lot of comments on how skinny I was from being a small child. My entire family is like that though - skinny. We ate healthily, plentifully and together as a family. My mother was a tad coddling and would make us something different from the rest when she knew we did not like, say, pork. None of our friends who were invited to eat with us ever mentioned us having small portions (quite the reverse, really) and would tell others about how great the food was at ours.

People at work, who obviously did not know me, thought I was being starved at home and would question what I'd had for dinner, breakfast etc. whilst commenting on how skinny I was. I didn't think I was skinny, I was just 'me'. I'd wolf as much as my brothers (all older) and doing heavy physical jobs. I'd happily scoff four filled rolls, a couple of biscuits and a can of juice for lunch.

Looking back, people may have thought I was anorexic or such. I wasn't, I was just me.

Fast forward and prior to getting married, I went on the pill <hormones> and my weight 'shot up' to 8st1lb. It hovered around the 8st mark except when under stress (bereavement, divorce, family illness etc.) when I would genuinely forget to eat, never feeling hunger pangs etc. When that happened my weight would fall back as low as 7st without me even noticing, other than clothes were loose and people expressing concern for me.

Apart from times of stress, my weight hovered around 8st for 20 years until different hormones kicked in - peri at 39. On piled a stone or so with zero lifestyle changes on my part.

Further hormones kicked in a few years later - full menopause at 44 - when my body decided from then on to just accumulate every calorie I consumed as fat.

Since then, I've been repeatedly tested for thyroid issues and/or diabetes - always negative.

I believe anyone who says they are just naturally skinny/slim or unable to lose weight no matter how concerted their effort to do so is. I've been both.

Like other posters on this thread, my laugh is of a tinkly nature when those teeny tinies bang on about obesity always being a choice.
Similar my friend, my weight is starting to creep up and I am finding it hard to deal with.

• Heart
I’m fat. Seriously.

I dieted for 45 years, exercised, sometimes ran, swam, all sorts. Still never got thin.

It is my choice to no longer punish myself for existing in a larger body. I stopped dieting some years ago and I thank god I did. No more disordered eating. No more bleeping cauliflower base ‘pizza’.

And those sanctimonious witches can FOTTFSOFATFOSM

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I will be delighted if my sex hat aspiration is incorporated into the next thread title… if it helps, I went round the house chanting “sex hat, sex hat” to the tune of “sex bomb, sex bomb”

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Totally with you. I was always slim (think 9st) and tall (think 5’10) but once I got into my 40s the weight piled on no matter what I did. Then menopause hit early and I went the full blimp (think size Tui). I’ve had some success with IF and low carb/high protein but losing the weight is a constant grind and it does get me down. I refuse to starve myself because I think it’s a horribly unhealthy way to lose weight but I do eat healthy food and do a decent amount of exercise.

• Heart
The benefits thread is M.A.D. - I don’t want to get into a war - but I get a lot of UC too - for a life I didn’t choose. Anyway, someone’s just told her she needs to incentivise themselves (her and her 2 children) to change. This will come as a tremendous relief to anyone with Down Syndrome- you can cure yourself if you just try hard enough. C’mon - ditch that chromosome- you don’t need it!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
The benefits thread is M.A.D. - I don’t want to get into a war - but I get a lot of UC too - for a life I didn’t choose. Anyway, someone’s just told her she needs to incentivise themselves (her and her 2 children) to change. This will come as a tremendous relief to anyone with Down Syndrome- you can cure yourself if you just try hard enough. C’mon - ditch that chromosome- you don’t need it!
Is that the same thread with the poster who would happily have uncontrolled epilepsy in exchange for 2.6k per month?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
HRT seemed to help how I carry weight in Peri. My hips have returned!
Don’t get me wrong I’m still an obese 14, but it’s gone from being a bloated lump to a more shapely pear.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m pregnant and eating for three in case it’s twins (it isn’t) but will be joining Biwi’s boot camp the minute the baby arrives.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
That benefits thread is a rollercoaster.
Is that the same thread with the poster who would happily have uncontrolled epilepsy in exchange for 2.6k per month?
Yes it’s crazy. To be honest the OP is crazy if she didn’t realise the way it would go, not to say it’s not deserved, but some of the responses are actually unreal.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.