Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh how they hate fat people, even more than poor people, it seems, although those on benefits come a close second.
So much smugness from the naturally slender people, it's so bleeping irritating. However!! My theory is that the majority of Mumsnetters who trill about never feeling hungry and being satisfied after a slice of cucumber and half a cherry tomato, are actually the same ones posting on the Ozempic and Mounjaro threads, or cutting the 1 off their size 18 clothes.

Look at this smug witch:

I'm a size 8 and have honestly never given a second thought to calories. I have never tracked them or considered them in any way. I genuinely have no idea how many I eat in a day.

I focus on eating the right amount of healthy food and nourishing my body, drinking water and doing exercise I enjoy. I think focusing on health and it being a lifelong / enjoyable thing is much more successful than getting hung up on calories / weight loss / diet etc. Life is too short.
I'm assuming the smug witch has not even hit 'peri' yet, far less the full blown delights of menopause itself.
I know this because I was her (without the smugness, I hope) until, well, hormones hormoned themselves into lard.
Now I'm over 60, I have no fucks (flying or otherwise) to give regarding my size/shape.
Reason?
Over 60s are invisible to the public unless we're jamming up shopping aisles during peak hours, refusing to provide free childcare or frittering away their rightful inheritances. :cool:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I eat 800 calories a day.

In between meals.
It's only May and I've already got my bikini body.

In the boot of my car
---
I'm assuming the smug witch has not even hit 'peri' yet, far less the full blown delights of menopause itself.
I know this because I was her (without the smugness, I hope) until, well, hormones hormoned themselves into lard.
Now I'm over 60, I have no fucks (flying or otherwise) to give regarding my size/shape.
Reason?
Over 60s are invisible to the public unless we're jamming up shopping aisles during peak hours, refusing to provide free childcare or frittering away their rightful inheritances. :cool:
I'm late 30s but a couple of years ago I took a motorbike ride in Australia with a couple who are friends of mine (they took turns taking me as passenger). It probably helps that they are both over 6' and wear the biker gear amazingly well, but they were/are in their 60s and wow, people made it clear they could see them.

Although they said later it might have looked as though they were kidnapping me. I wish they would, their house is amazing, they're in a fabulous location and she's a professional chef.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Reason?
Menopause has turned me into dHumpty dFuckingDumpty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Better to be chubby than a smug, snobby, sneering arse wearing a sister wife dress, mill girl boots and zero self awareness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm enjoying the 'eldery drivers need to be re-tested' thread. OP is being berated for blaming elderly drivers, and also for shoehorning in the fact that she drives a BMW
To be fair, about 10 years ago, we wanted to get my dad to stop driving as he had developed Alzheimer's, and, every time he came back from an errand, the car had a new dent to add to the collection.

While googling for help on what to do, The likes of Age Concern were of little use as they were 100% "DON'T LET YOUR BASTARD FAMILY TAKE AWAY YOUR CAR!"

We eventually got dad assessed and he failed on 7 major points, 5 of which were bad enough for me to spot and I've never had a driving lesson in my life.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Nothing wrong with the OP but a number of people are agreeing with the OP and ironically, I’ve clocked a couple of them as being really nasty pieces of work. No ability to see themselves at all, do they?!
IMG_9891.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Ffs

To like being 7 stone
5 replies

Feellike77 · Today 16:57
I’m 5’4 for reference I used to be very overweight ten stone plus overweight. I’m now slim and happy but I get a lot of judgmental comments that I didn’t even get when I was majorly obese.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ffs

To like being 7 stone
5 replies

I’m 5’4 for reference I used to be very overweight ten stone plus overweight. I’m now slim and happy but I get a lot of judgmental comments that I didn’t even get when I was majorly obese.
Where’s this thread? I’m 5’4 and no way is 10st “majorly obese”

8st was eating disorder territory for me.

Reactions: 10
Ffs

To like being 7 stone
5 replies

If she gets any comments it will be maybe have some carbs. That is just a look at me Im a teeny tiny smug bleep brag.
I think I might be in a "bit of a mood" today.
Am sure carbs will help with that 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
To be fair, about 10 years ago, we wanted to get my dad to stop driving as he had developed Alzheimer's, and, every time he came back from an errand, the car had a new dent to add to the collection.

While googling for help on what to do, The likes of Age Concern were of little use as they were 100% "DON'T LET YOUR BASTARD FAMILY TAKE AWAY YOUR CAR!"

We eventually got dad assessed and he failed on 7 major points, 5 of which were bad enough for me to spot and I've never had a driving lesson in my life.
MN class elderly as anyone over d50 though.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Where’s this thread? I’m 5’4 and no way is 10st “majorly obese”

8st was eating disorder territory for me.
I'm 5'2 and the lightest I've been in my adult life was 7st 2.... sounds perfectly acceptable in MN-land but I was a size 4 and my hair was falling out (bastard men!). I'm about 8st 10 or 11 now and no doubt they'd accuse me of lying if I told them my size and measurements!

• Heart
I'm 5'2 and the lightest I've been in my adult life was 7st 2.... sounds perfectly acceptable in MN-land but I was a size 4 and my hair was falling out (bastard men!). I'm about 8st 10 or 11 now and no doubt they'd accuse me of lying if I told them my size and measurements!
Nah half of them would head tilt and say that it’s nice you feel ok at that weight, but they’d definitely feel too soft and flabby.

The other half will head tilt and tell you to Google “skinny fat”. You may look thin but there’s whole kilo’s of pure fat sitting on your organs.

Have you tried joining BIWI’s boot camp? Insulin sugar spiking blah blah will sort out all that fat immediately, you’re clearly eating the fat kind of calories and not the skinny ones.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The one calling her MIL and Mum fat, said proper lunch and proper dinner. That immediately made me think she knows she is not eating proper meals herself, possibly a lettuce leaf with a side of air and dust.
I freely admit Im fat and no one would believe me if I told you how little I actually eat.
I do record everything ,a biscuit a sweet you name it I dont hide anything. But some people have this image that anyone fat literally never stops shovelling chips and chocolate down their neck from morning til night.
Its not fun being fat, you get treated as less than everywhere you go.
Totally agree.

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.