Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never been in any danger of forgetting to eat but still totally took on board the advice my midwife gave me to eat Mars Bars when breastfeeding to keep up my strength. It was over thirty years ago though and she also advised a daily Mackesons for my iron. It was obviously fine as it was on the instructions of the DNHS.

My daughter was naturally very skinny up until her mid twenties and I used to hate the looks from other mothers, and the implication that I was starving her as a child or she was anorexic as a teenager.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve never been in any danger of forgetting to eat but still totally took on board the advice my midwife gave me to eat Mars Bars when breastfeeding to keep up my strength. It was over thirty years ago though and she also advised a daily Mackesons for my iron. It was obviously fine as it was on the instructions of the DNHS.

My daughter was naturally very skinny up until her mid twenties and I used to hate the looks from other mothers, and the implication that I was starving her as a child or she was anorexic as a teenager.
My Nan says I should be drinking Guinness daily to keep my iron levels up. I tried telling her that alcohol isn’t advised in pregnancy these days and iron tablets do the job if necessary but she’s not convinced.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
During Covid I was on furlough from one of my jobs so eating and drinking became a hobby as well as a necessity.
Mr Munch always says the best thing to come out of Lockdowns was my invention of “breakfast pudding “ . So normal brekkie of weetabix and a banana and then breakfast pudding of plain chocolate Kit Kat or another fave was chocolate digestives . My gift to the world I like to think .

QUOTE="girlinbrum, post: 19189583, member: 364737"]
Does anyone else have a pre-breakfast breakfast?

I'll got into the habit of having some cereal when I get home. Then after I've washed n changed I'll make a proper breakfast usually avocado and toast, or eggs n beans, and cuppa to get my day started.

Think I should let DNHS know.
[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Had a quick look at the thread “to ask why you pulled out” wondering if this was about something for which one would need a special hat, towel, and beaker. Much to my disappointment it was about a house purchase.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
During Covid I was on furlough from one of my jobs so eating and drinking became a hobby as well as a necessity.
Mr Munch always says the best thing to come out of Lockdowns was my invention of “breakfast pudding “ . So normal brekkie of weetabix and a banana and then breakfast pudding of plain chocolate Kit Kat or another fave was chocolate digestives . My gift to the world I like to think .
I don't really eat breakfast (call me a MN but I only eat when hungry and i'm never hungry until lunch!) but when I do I have it I will have a breakfast pudding 100% of the time. I also have a lunch pudding and a dinner pudding! I always say I don't really have a sweet tooth but now i've written that down and realised i have a pudding with EVERY meal I probably do have a sweet tooth after all!

• Heart
  • Haha
Mumsnetters really reveal their lack of morals on so many threads. Yeah people eating too much, drinking too much, smoking, taking drugs, having children, surfing, wearing heels, doing DIY, sunbathing, running, driving cars, EVERYTHING costs the nhs money. So if there’s a woman who has six kids, is five stone over weight, sunbathes every day and wears heels and she falls over and breaks her ankle do I want MY TAX MONEY going to fix her ankle? Yes! Please fix her ankle! Why is that even a question!

They show themselves up on threads about free school meals, kids getting TAs, fat people, people who smoke, alcoholics, disabled people - everywhere really! I would rather a few ‘scroungers’ get away with claiming benefits when they really should be working/working more/not getting any help, than a disabled person suffers or a child suffers or someone goes without something they need.

We are supposed to be a society which is really just a big family, which when you look at it like that makes a lot of sense why MNers hate society, they’ve gone NC with us 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Mumsnetters really reveal their lack of morals on so many threads. Yeah people eating too much, drinking too much, smoking, taking drugs, having children, surfing, wearing heels, doing DIY, sunbathing, running, driving cars, EVERYTHING costs the nhs money. So if there’s a woman who has six kids, is five stone over weight, sunbathes every day and wears heels and she falls over and breaks her ankle do I want MY TAX MONEY going to fix her ankle? Yes! Please fix her ankle! Why is that even a question!

They show themselves up on threads about free school meals, kids getting TAs, fat people, people who smoke, alcoholics, disabled people - everywhere really! I would rather a few ‘scroungers’ get away with claiming benefits when they really should be working/working more/not getting any help, than a disabled person suffers or a child suffers or someone goes without something they need.

We are supposed to be a society which is really just a big family, which when you look at it like that makes a lot of sense why MNers hate society, they’ve gone NC with us 😂
But God Forbid you vote Tory on there then they're throwing abuse at you for being an uncaring selfish witch and leaving their husbands for ticking the "wrong box" on a piece of paper.
Interestingly they keep being re elected so surely some MNs are voting for them?

Reactions: 4
They don’t seem to be bothered with how much they are costing the police (and therefore the tax payer) with all their logging. Neighbor put something in your trash can? Log it with 101. Family down the street playing music in their own back yard? Log it with 101. Someone looked at you when you were walking your dog? Log it with 101.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Also, what’s actually wrong if you want to wear something to tittilate a man? If that’s your bag then you go for it.

• Heart
Also, what’s actually wrong if you want to wear something to tittilate a man? If that’s your bag then you go for it.
I agree. I don’t wear heels but if other women want to then why would I care.

Why don’t we start with the murders, rapists, child abusers, domestic abusers, burglars, muggers, people who abuse their elderly parents etc and then if we work our way through the whole list we can start judging the terrible women who wear heels and titillate men and destroy the nhs 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They hate anything sexual, even when a man isn't involved. A while ago a woman was asking about displaying her boudoir photograph and was thinking about putting it in her bedroom with a curtain over it...hardly exhibitionist of the year and no man had ever seen the pic, but they were laying into her like crazy. NatashaDancing was disgusting. Some of them (maybe ND, can't remember) said she would be committing a sex offence because her 12 year old daughter lives with her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Had a quick look at the thread “to ask why you pulled out” wondering if this was about something for which one would need a special hat, towel, and beaker. Much to my disappointment it was about a house purchase.
I assumed that was a sex one as well. But no, just someone bragging about having nearly a million quid in cash. I wonder where they live and if the cash is under the mattress?

• Haha
"To ask how to get kids interested in cultural experiences, new foods, etc" is going to be a gem.....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They hate anything sexual, even when a man isn't involved. A while ago a woman was asking about displaying her boudoir photograph and was thinking about putting it in her bedroom with a curtain over it...hardly exhibitionist of the year and no man had ever seen the pic, but they were laying into her like crazy. NatashaDancing was disgusting. Some of them (maybe ND, can't remember) said she would be committing a sex offence because her 12 year old daughter lives with her.
The irony of ND talking about offending when she does little other than offend the sensibilities of anyone with even a modicum of taste by posting her fashion choices.

I don't think I'm mentally unwell enough for MN. Seriously, I don't.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
"To ask how to get kids interested in cultural experiences, new foods, etc" is going to be a gem.....
My little boy is four now and his only interest is dinosaurs. We took him to Rome and he re-enacted Jurassic Park by the Trevi Fountain. In Paris, he wanted to see if one of his dinosaurs could abseil down the side of the Eiffel Tower. I took him to Baby French and he hated it, same with Baby Gym, but he does like swimming. As for new foods, he'll eat pretty much anything though, so I could brag about that, although he's definitely not a Mumsnet kid who says 'mummy, where are the anchovies?'

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on the 'I would pay £2.6k a month just to speak to my dead ex for 5 minutes....' WTAF. And as for, tell my daughter it's ok her dad died as her left her relatively wealthy - ok absolutely NOTHING in this world can make up for the loss of a parent but I can tell you that my life would have been a lot easier if when my dad died (I was 13) he hadn't left a tit ton of debt and no will!

Anyway guys it's been nice knowing you but I think I'll have to scuttle back off to MN now since not only am I going to watch an RSC production of Macbeth tonight (it's actually on at the cinema) but I've found out today I'm peri-menopausal at the age of thirty-bleeping-eight. Goodbye teeny tiny era!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on the 'I would pay £2.6k a month just to speak to my dead ex for 5 minutes....' WTAF

Anyway guys it's been nice knowing you but I think I'll have to scuttle back off to MN now since not only am I going to watch an RSC production of Macbeth tonight (it's actually on at the cinema) but I've found out today I'm peri-menopausal at the age of thirty-bleeping-eight. Goodbye teeny tiny era!
You can't go back to MN, we won't let you. 38 is young for peri, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll need to part ex your noddy car for a juggernaut just yet. Enjoy MacBeth! The local theatre here shows plays direct from the RSC as well and I bloody love it, it only costs a fiver and there's a bar too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
ACS_0684.jpeg

It this kind of advice on a stressed out mum working with two young kids that makes MN such a supportive place

• Haha
You can't go back to MN, we won't let you. 38 is young for peri, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll need to part ex your noddy car for a juggernaut just yet. Enjoy MacBeth! The local theatre here shows plays direct from the RSC as well and I bloody love it, it only costs a fiver and there's a bar too.
A bar? With….(whispers)….alcohol? Won’t someone think of the coroner?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.