Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's been at least a week since we had a 'what makes you middle class' thread. I love those, especially the posters who use it as an invitation to brag about their house and decor and garden and bean to cup coffee machine and privately educated gifted and talented Tobias and Araminta and the ponies and the dogs and the piano lessons and the tennis court and their 6 figure earning DH and their annual summer holiday to France and winter break skiing in Austria.

I read a book recently, called Magpie by Elizabeth Day, about infertility and surrogacy (I enjoyed it but the reviews are terrible) and Mumsnet featured strongly.
I read a book recently, called Magpie by Elizabeth Day, about infertility and surrogacy (I enjoyed it but the reviews are terrible) and Mumsnet featured strongly.

I also read this book a few weeks ago*. I also thought it was excellent.

*Actually I didn't read it - I listened to it on audible like a normal person because I am not a barbarian.
---
As usual, first poster nails it . . . . 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

I also read this book a few weeks ago*. I also thought it was excellent.

*Actually I didn't read it - I listened to it on audible like a normal person because I am not a barbarian.
I'm glad other people on this thread have read Magpie and enjoyed it. I checked the reviews afterwards and thought I was the only one who thought it was a good read.

This is just one of the one star reviews :D :D
Probably the worst book I have ever read. It’s like a A level essay stretched to 300 pages. It’s neither thrilling or interesting.
The most interesting part to me is the authors way of writing long words like a champion scrabble contestant that distract you from the story.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s been a while since S&B have spoiled us.
785C09C8-36D9-4BCF-AFD5-1AFFD0C053E9.jpeg

I’ve found the perfect accessories for a bargain price.

7EC8B6C0-BE85-448D-A39A-0ECA3714476F.jpeg

---
She wants it for a posh restaurant. Maybe she means McDonald’s have started doing kiddy parties again? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Just popping on to say as someone with a mixed anxiety disorder , managed but never cured and a counsellor myself these Tory cunts ( that’s the word for them ) are firing me up , I’m so angry. Thank goodness the BACP have spoken out that us as therapists are very worried about these potential changes.
Can I also say that the amount of unclaimed benefits ( as the forms are so bleeping hard to do ) is far greater than any benefits gained fraudulently.
I have 2 degrees in counselling , I KNOW so much about anxiety but hey guess what I still struggle as it’s part of my make up . Medication and therapy manage it but menopause kicked my arse to the point I wasn’t sure I would survive . To see anxiety and depression trivialised in this way and with the “work will set you free “ mantra being parroted by them just blows my little anxious mind ! I can’t look at that thread on there !
Good lord I need to get my eyes tested, I read the first line of your post and thought it said Tony Curtis!! Sorry about me in my early 60s with clear dementia x

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I met Su Pollard at Paddington Station once. We bonded over a really horrible man being horrible to one of the female bar staff. Can't remember what she was wearing tho!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Do we need to send out a search party around Shagging Joints of the North East to locate our @NoddyFromToytown ? I’m worried she’s trapped under a footballer or two ?
I really wish that this was what I'd been up to! Although my (newly single, supermodel looking) best mate did have a premiership footballer slide into her DMs this weekend - I kid you not.

To horrify the pearl clutchers I spent my Sunday afternoon drunk and trying on bridesmaid dresses, and have opened the wine tonight to celebrate passing a professional exam - go me (y) I shall celebrate properly by dressing up as a cowgirl in the streets of the Toon this weekend (hen do)

Just read the plane etiquette thread and having done long haul with Lufthansa where I could barely get my tray table down with the seat in front upright I'd happily have launched her across the plane for that one! I upgraded myself to business class on the way back from backpacking in Japan (think I was depressed after realising I'm a Japan size medium) and when I say I took advantage of the free food and drink... I'd eaten breakfast on my first flight so on the connecting one I necked three breakfast martinis instead!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.