Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohh wonder if Virgin fly there haha
Unfortunately not. But Qatar Airlines are very generous with regular food and drink offerings throughout the flight, then when you touch down in Hanoi, you can go and buy a giant bag of dried chickennotreallychicken and grab a beer.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Unfortunately not. But Qatar Airlines are very generous with regular food and drink offerings throughout the flight, then when you touch down in Hanoi, you can go and buy a giant bag of dried chickennotreallychicken and grab a beer.
Sounds like something I need this week. I don’t identify as teeny tiny so all good.

Reactions: 1
Sounds like something I need this week. I don’t identify as teeny tiny so all good.
The Vietnamese are teeny tiny though, even by teeny tiny mumsnet identifier standards, so as a Westerner, I look like a giant lumbering through the streets, brandishing my bag of chickennotreallychicken :D When I was last there, I saw a shop advertising "BIG LADY CLOTHES" and the largest size was a 14. A small 14 at that, although the label said XXXXXXXXXL.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I was lucky enough to fly first class twice and I ate and drank everything that came my way. More champagne, madam? Yes, in fact, just leave the bottle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I was on a BA flight to tacky USA destination (think Las Vegas). Was in cattle class and they just kept throwing food and snacks at us. The woman beside me was German and nearly had a meltdown as she was asleep when they passed out Magnum ice creams. She actually climbed over me to get one. She ate everything and was looking at my tray to see what she could take.
She was a teeny tiny and I was the one with a more robust shape.
😃😃 I am surprised she didn't place a bathing towel over your food tray to claim it 😄😄😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The Vietnamese are teeny tiny though, even by teeny tiny mumsnet identifier standards, so as a Westerner, I look like a giant lumbering through the streets, brandishing my bag of chickennotreallychicken :D When I was last there, I saw a shop advertising "BIG LADY CLOTHES" and the largest size was a 14. A small 14 at that, although the label said XXXXXXXXXL.
Like Shein, where a size 12 is "Large" 😬🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I did Virgin to Oz once. Would give it a swerve if you’re adverse to eating. They feed you constantly- because frankly there’s duck all else to do for 24 hours. Between the volume of food and the length of flight, I don’t think I did a DDump for a week. 😔

Nice enough place, but I’m not going back until teleportation is a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
whoever would’ve guessed that this thread got a “45 minutes is fine, I used to catch 3 train, a bus, a tram and a plane and still had a 20 minute walk home. No wonder everyone is fat now” response.

no way would I have my 12 year old walking home 45 minutes on her own every night. It’s pissed it down here at 3pm every day since last July. I feel so sorry for some of their kids.

Reactions: 6
Like Shein, where a size 12 is "Large" 😬🙄
Maybe this is the key to why they love the sister wife dresses.
They can wear an XS and it will "fit" them - which therefore means they are teeny tiny, even if in any other shop they'd be a UK12.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My sister is 5'7" and a 12-14, 34C/D bust. She lost her luggage in Thailand and had to try to buy underwear. She tells a very funny story of all the petite Thai ladies gasping "But you are huge!" and frantically pulling out groundsheets and pillowcases. She says they weren't trying to be rude; they were just genuinely astounded at the task of fitting this mammoth creature, like Lilliputians meeting Gulliver.

I'm a 32HH and I'm terrified to go there in case I get mistaken for an army missile.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My sister is 5'7" and a 12-14, 34C/D bust. She lost her luggage in Thailand and had to try to buy underwear. She tells a very funny story of all the petite Thai ladies gasping "But you are huge!" and frantically pulling out groundsheets and pillowcases. She says they weren't trying to be rude; they were just genuinely astounded at the task of fitting this mammoth creature, like Lilliputians meeting Gulliver.

I'm a 32HH and I'm terrified to go there in case I get mistaken for an army missile.
There is a reason we all end up in those baggy elephant print fishermans trousers when we go on holiday to SE Asia - it's the only clothing you can get that fits you!
MN would never aspire to be SE Asian teeny tiny though. Not white enough. :mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The OP reply on the Jimberly thread had me properly laughing. Someone asked why they couldn't honour Grandma instead of grandad given that the baby was a girl. The reply was "unfortunately Grandma ran off with a taxi driver". Really tickled me.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The OP reply on the Jimberly thread had me properly laughing. Someone asked why they couldn't honour Grandma instead of grandad given that the baby was a girl. The reply was "unfortunately Grandma ran off with a taxi driver". Really tickled me.
Joe Le Taxi sounds like an excellent choice then. A nod to the French, as everyone there aspires to be French, and to the taxi driver.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You can get bags of freeze dried chicken cat treats. Ive never tasted them but they look ok as far as cat treats go.

I downloaded Vinted but have never bought anything as they class size 14 as extra large.

Reactions: 2
I’ve flown BA and Virgin to LA a few times, always book premium economy. Virgin was ten times better in my experience.
BA attendants weren’t really interested I found, had to ask four times for a coke over the course of two hours as they’d disappear, only to be found chatting in the galley. In the end I went up and got it myself. They were pretty grumpy too.
Flying home guy in front was reclined and under a blanket (wonder if it was this MNetters DH) and flight attendant wouldn’t ask him to sit up so I struggled with my tray for my meal.

Virgin were the epitome of ‘throw food and drink at you’. A teeny tiny nightmare if you will. They were also jokey and chatty, completely opposite of BA.

Always flown DVirgin since.
I could write exact same post but swap the airlines around! I suppose it comes down to what crew you’ve got that day a lot of the time.

Reactions: 4
I read a book recently, called Magpie by Elizabeth Day, about infertility and surrogacy (I enjoyed it but the reviews are terrible) and Mumsnet featured strongly.
I've just finished this too. The posh Annabelle woman is definitely Mumsnet inspired. She didn't even eat all her salad!

Another one who cannot be bothered to read the opening post.
OP and then the second response to her

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I just can't with MN today. I shouldn't have opened it up, but I did. The thread about people with anxiety and depression work too. Going on that they just can't stop working and go on benefits, they have to go on.
I just had to go on, until I couldn't and had a breakdown. We spent 10 years on just Mr B's wage (22k a year) and my PIP (which I only got about 6 years ago). We have only just got UC last month. They have no idea how difficult it is to get benefits. You don't just say, oh sorry GP I don't fancy working anymore, can I have £500 a month on benefits instead of my 28k a year salary? Cool thanks!

I really bleeping hate most of those cunts. They just love to kick people when they are down

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The ‘most snobbish thing you’ve heard out loud thread’ What a load of tosh, all these ‘I looked like a woman’ when they went to buy a £1m house, but had the last laugh when they looked me up and down and said I couldn’t afford it, a teenager in McD’s who was told by her boss to rhyme off her exam results to a snooty customer etc. Lies…each and every one!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.