Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sister is 5'7" and a 12-14, 34C/D bust. She lost her luggage in Thailand and had to try to buy underwear. She tells a very funny story of all the petite Thai ladies gasping "But you are huge!" and frantically pulling out groundsheets and pillowcases. She says they weren't trying to be rude; they were just genuinely astounded at the task of fitting this mammoth creature, like Lilliputians meeting Gulliver.

I'm a 32HH and I'm terrified to go there in case I get mistaken for an army missile.
A friend of mine went to live in an Asian country for a year (think Cambodia) and ended up having to get most of her clothes made. She was a grossly obese size 14 and nothing in the shops fitted her.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just can't with MN today. I shouldn't have opened it up, but I did. The thread about people with anxiety and depression work too. Going on that they just can't stop working and go on benefits, they have to go on.
I just had to go on, until I couldn't and had a breakdown. We spent 10 years on just Mr B's wage (22k a year) and my PIP (which I only got about 6 years ago). We have only just got UC last month. They have no idea how difficult it is to get benefits. You don't just say, oh sorry GP I don't fancy working anymore, can I have £500 a month on benefits instead of my 28k a year salary? Cool thanks!

I really bleeping hate most of those cunts. They just love to kick people when they are down
They have no idea, none of them. They think people are given council houses, they don't understand people living in social housing pay rent, council tax, water rates, electricity and gas etc, they think anyone on benefits gets everything free, and if anyone is claiming benefits for a disability or long term illness, well, they should just pull themselves together and get a job. As for people on benefits going on holiday or having fun, well, that's just wrong. The threads I hate the most are the faux innocent 'my neighbour drives a Mercedes and has a 52" flatscreen TV and goes on holidays twice a year yet claims £7000 pcm PIP and UC and gets cash in hand for hairdressing. Should I report her?'

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m always intrigued when they know exactly what neighbours are bringing in. I’m not even 100% certain of our household income, never mind next door’s!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I just can't with MN today. I shouldn't have opened it up, but I did. The thread about people with anxiety and depression work too. Going on that they just can't stop working and go on benefits, they have to go on.
I just had to go on, until I couldn't and had a breakdown. We spent 10 years on just Mr B's wage (22k a year) and my PIP (which I only got about 6 years ago). We have only just got UC last month. They have no idea how difficult it is to get benefits. You don't just say, oh sorry GP I don't fancy working anymore, can I have £500 a month on benefits instead of my 28k a year salary? Cool thanks!

I really bleeping hate most of those cunts. They just love to kick people when they are down
I’m in almost the same situation; became disabled 10 years ago and anxiety and depression followed. I’d love to go back to work. I enjoyed my job and I was good at it. It wasn’t well paid but it was still better than what I get on bloody PIP. I pointed that out to one of the more unpleasant assessors (salary around £40k) and asked if they’d rather sit at home for £500 a month. They didn’t have much of a reply. Probably a MNer. Like you I don’t have a six-figure hubster to keep me either as mine earns around the same as yours.

I‘m shitting myself over all the news stories about benefit cuts. It makes me sick how MN think targeting the vulnerable is a reasonable part of an election manifesto,

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m a bit gutted about allotment woman not coming back. I wanted to see the same fantasy attention to detail as Alphabet St and Rainy Puddles.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m always intrigued when they know exactly what neighbours are bringing in. I’m not even 100% certain of our household income, never mind next door’s!
I know roughly how much our household income is, but no idea about next door. I wouldn't dream of asking them either, it's so rude, and to be honest, it's none of my business. They may be on benefits, but I wouldn't know. I love the way mumsnetters still refer to flatscreen TVs as being a sign of poor folk wasting benefit money. Is it possible to get a non-flat screen TV anywhere these days?

Reactions: 12
How do they know anything about their neighbours when they refuse to speak to anyone and hide behind the sofa all day.

• Haha
I’m a bit gutted about allotment woman not coming back. I wanted to see the same fantasy attention to detail as Alphabet St and Rainy Puddles.
she'll be back, all good trolls let threads rest for a week or two before something dramatic and unbelievable (literally) happens.

Reactions: 7
I asked the Thai lady on the beach to make me a sarong and after much guffawing and arms spreading over and over she agreed. AND I paid her for it. If I’d been a MN-we I’d have located a manager and got her sacked.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You're a lovely bunch on here. It's like hanging about on the back of the bus with the cool kids 😘😘😘

I hope we see alloment twit again. I bet she has a blackboard up in her shed, planning all the new characters for the saga.

Hunky solicitor
Elderly (late 40's) head of the allotments
Neighbours that sing opera
Uncle policeman
Smelly old (late 30's) lady council officer

• Haha
Badly behaved children from the state primary school with names like Jayden and Bobby-Joe will make an entrance at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A friend of mine went to live in an Asian country for a year (think Cambodia) and ended up having to get most of her clothes made. She was a grossly obese size 14 and nothing in the shops fitted her.
If just she'd joined dBIWI's threads she'd be fitting into the clothes no bother.
What a shame <headtilt>

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I need to check out TV woman, any clues? There used to be a poster called Beesimo who claimed to be a gypsy who wrote like that. Also someone called Scottish Mummy (I think?) who did the same, maybe it's a thing?

Reactions: 1
I’m in almost the same situation; became disabled 10 years ago and anxiety and depression followed. I’d love to go back to work. I enjoyed my job and I was good at it. It wasn’t well paid but it was still better than what I get on bloody PIP. I pointed that out to one of the more unpleasant assessors (salary around £40k) and asked if they’d rather sit at home for £500 a month. They didn’t have much of a reply. Probably a MNer. Like you I don’t have a six-figure hubster to keep me either as mine earns around the same as yours.

I‘m shitting myself over all the news stories about benefit cuts. It makes me sick how MN think targeting the vulnerable is a reasonable part of an election manifesto,
That thread is horrific. The sheer callousness of posters is unbelievable. Mumsnet is meant to be a supportive site for parents, isn't it? They don't understand that 'soldiering on' isn't physically possible when people are severely unwell. They remind me of a group of Daily Mail readers commenting on that one person who has been found to be fraudulently claiming PIP and UC. Lots of 'we are told' and 'they say' - no they bleeping don't. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
My lodger has stolen some expensive foundation is shaping up to be a superb multi-thread saga, with actresses being suggested to play the role of CF lodger and wet lettuce OP, and text messages being composed to send to the thief.
The foundation was in a box of odds and ends in the kitchen, the lodger left it opened in the bathroom and the packaging in full view - doesn't sound like the actions of a thief to me, more like someone who has thought it wasn't wanted, particularly as the OP divulges that her partner gets the stuff cheap or free. Then she drops in the bombshell that she thinks her lodger might have stolen some kitchen tongs and a colander as well :eek: Riveting stuff.
Then she drops in the bombshell that she thinks her lodger might have stolen some kitchen tongs and a colander as well

I wish I got the opportunity to steal a colander. The one I have is full of holes. 🙁

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Just popping on to say as someone with a mixed anxiety disorder , managed but never cured and a counsellor myself these Tory cunts ( that’s the word for them ) are firing me up , I’m so angry. Thank goodness the BACP have spoken out that us as therapists are very worried about these potential changes.
Can I also say that the amount of unclaimed benefits ( as the forms are so bleeping hard to do ) is far greater than any benefits gained fraudulently.
I have 2 degrees in counselling , I KNOW so much about anxiety but hey guess what I still struggle as it’s part of my make up . Medication and therapy manage it but menopause kicked my arse to the point I wasn’t sure I would survive . To see anxiety and depression trivialised in this way and with the “work will set you free “ mantra being parroted by them just blows my little anxious mind ! I can’t look at that thread on there !

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.