Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah Im a sketchers wearer too, have crap feet and knees and hips.
Well I will now be spending my weekend looking for a nice care home to move into.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Raises hand. I am a member of the Sketchers fan club. I enrolled whilst working at Macdonalds when I was at uni, hours on my feet, and oh my God, it was like working in my slippers :)

However, I will happily go to my grave never having owned a pair of Pavers. If I bought some, my Nan would haunt me and she's not even dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't wear them day to day, but when the occasion comes, I'm in my skyscraper heels. I'm told they're outdated, cringe, whatever...don't care. MN can have them when they prise them off my cold, dead feet.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I do not own Skechers, but that is because I have a very niche and outing hobby. Think running. So all of my trainers cost a six figure salary a pair and are designed for different types of floor.

Casually I wear Adidas Gazelles because that is what I put on my feet as a teenager in the 90's so that is what I put on my feet as a teenager, inside a middle aged woman, in 2024.

And I buy kids ones, because my feet are size French. Unlike the rest of me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I wore Gazelles back in the day. I bought some new ones lately and had to return them as the tongue was sticking right into my leg!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am relatively young (think 30) and I love my Skechers. I bought them for attending my niche hobby last year (think music competition comprising countries in Europe), knowing that standing for ages was going to make my feet hurt (because, as I've mentioned before, I am not size-french, I'm a fat bastard) - and omg they are the best investment of my life!

I do also own birkenstocks - I'm not sure if that's MN approved or not?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My friend fell and hurt herself quite badly. We were both wearing go walk skechers that day. I thought she was unconscious we both got a huge scare. It was the skechers she blamed. Zero support.

My dog ate mine not long after and I’ve not replaced them.

Reactions: 2
Whoops, maybe I am alone in my skecher disliking! Now I am the one sobbing and shaking. I feel abandoned. Alone 😢😢😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Whoops, maybe I am alone in my skecher disliking! Now I am the one sobbing and shaking. I feel abandoned. Alone 😢😢😂😂
I think it's just a sign of natural diversity in taste. We all like different things and that's good. It would be boring if we were all the same. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we all have our individual likes and dislikes and there's nothing wrong with that.

Except for NatashaDancing. That's a load of tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Casually I wear Adidas Gazelles because that is what I put on my feet as a teenager in the 90's so that is what I put on my feet as a teenager, inside a middle aged woman, in 2024.

And I buy kids ones, because my feet are size French. Unlike the rest of me.
Am I you?

IMG_2040.jpeg

Children’s Gazelles are great, and a bargainous £55. (Mes pieds are also the only part of moi that is French sized, malheureusement.) and also bring back happy 90s clubbing memories.

Mr Yoda currently has a running injury and has been advised to wear Skechers when recovering post surgery. They are not very aesthetically pleasing, but they score highly on comfort.

• Haha
I first got a pair of Skechers when they brought out those “step in” shoes that you can put on and take off without touching them. So useful for flying and TSA. I call them my TSA shoes. Then I saw a comfy pair of flip flops made by Skechers so I had to get those. Then I had to get the BOBS slippers because they donate a part of the money to animal shelters.

• Haha
  • Heart
I feel like I might need to investigate Skechers now as I'm in the market for a new pair of trainers. I've got wide feet and will be mainly walking in them but also go to a sports-related building (think gym.) I'm middle aged (think 50) and generally DGAF what I look like at the gym. Should I try them?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wore Skechers when they were new on the market and quite cool. I didn’t realise for ages they had shifted and they don’t look that different now to me. Mind you, I own not one but two pairs of Hotter shoes.

Reactions: 6
Sketchers are great when on holiday - no one who knows you can see you and they're super comfortable for lots of walking.

Reactions: 7
I feel like I might need to investigate Skechers now as I'm in the market for a new pair of trainers. I've got wide feet and will be mainly walking in them but also go to a sports-related building (think gym.) I'm middle aged (think 50) and generally DGAF what I look like at the gym. Should I try them?
I have a challenging foot shape (think mallard) and Skechers are fantastic.

My mother would’ve bleeping loved MN and would’ve enjoyed sneering at others insisting her children only wore Clarks. Yeh, thanks a lot for the completely square toe-box maman.

They are also indeed brilliant for holidays - particularly the 10 mile walk to your terminal.

• Haha
Reactions: 13