Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some helpful suggestions made to someone asking how they can make an extra £100 a week
You could make about a tenner a week if you were very lucky, doing all of that, nowhere near £100.

My tip? Post on Mumsnet that you have 37p left in the bank, your baby is crying with hunger, you have no formula, no nappies, no food, no friends, no family, no neighbours who might help out, nothing to sell, food bank is closed, you're an impoverished single mother just trying to get by. If someone could suggest a way of borrowing £10 just to cover the cost of nappies and formula? Anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This sounds amazing! I’d love a holiday like this….tell me ALL your booking secrets because I find it so frustrating scouring the web for deals!! ❤
My technique is pretty much:
Skyscanner
Expedia
Wanderlog
Join Facebook Groups for the cities I'm visiting to pick up tips and find local firms for tours and taxis
Watch YouTube videos for hidden secrets of places to visit

I have found with MN they love British Airways and firms like G Adventures etc. They have detailed spreadsheets and the magic of most places is often just going for a wander and finding adventures you didn't know.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My youngest was born at 15.55 on the Saturday. At 1400 on the Monday she was in the pub! We hadn't even named her yet nor had my parents met her!

She's now nearly 3 and still regularly asks to go to the pub.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
There’s a thread on the style & beauty board called ‘trainer esque shoes that are not trainers’ and most of the suggestions on there are so tit! Almost straight away someone suggested bleeping Skechers.

• Haha
My technique is pretty much:
Skyscanner
Expedia
Wanderlog
Join Facebook Groups for the cities I'm visiting to pick up tips and find local firms for tours and taxis
Watch YouTube videos for hidden secrets of places to visit

I have found with MN they love British Airways and firms like G Adventures etc. They have detailed spreadsheets and the magic of most places is often just going for a wander and finding adventures you didn't know.
Ah, thanks for this! Haven’t been abroad since before Covid (no 6 figure salary for me 😂), but absolutely craving a trip of some sort! Sounds like I’ll need to put the work in but thanks for the tips, so helpful! 😘

Reactions: 2
You could make about a tenner a week if you were very lucky, doing all of that, nowhere near £100.

My tip? Post on Mumsnet that you have 37p left in the bank, your baby is crying with hunger, you have no formula, no nappies, no food, no friends, no family, no neighbours who might help out, nothing to sell, food bank is closed, you're an impoverished single mother just trying to get by. If someone could suggest a way of borrowing £10 just to cover the cost of nappies and formula? Anyone?
Well if only they’d stuck to breastfeeding, the lack of formula wouldn’t have been an issue <tinkly little laugh>

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Some helpful suggestions made to someone asking how they can make an extra £100 a week
For some reason I cringe whenever MNers put a question mark after each suggestion on a list. If asked to name types of fruit or something, I wouldn't write 'Apples? Bananas?' etc.
---
Part of growing up is sitting quiet in a pub with your glass bottle of coke and a packet of bacon fries whilst your parents have a few drinks with their friends.
You were allowed out of the car? 😮

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
That would descend into major chaos because half of them hate dogs and half of them will be furious that anyone would take their kids to a pub when they had paid for a babysitter to have a break from kids and will have a go at anyone complaining they can’t take their kids there.
They'd hate our local. One of my dogs has its own designated stool at the bar 😅😅

(We do live in an *actual* rural village though 🙃🙃)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Today we've got 'is this stringy discharge normal' and 'is this picture ovulation discharge or early pregnancy'. We've also got 'does this look like a tapeworm in my childs poo'

For once I haven't clicked on any of them

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Mine stands with his front paws on the bar and stares at the jar of dog treats on there until the landlord opens it.
He also enjoys the contents of the John Smith's beer tray which the landlord tips into a dish for him.
It's a very dog friendly pub 👍
---
Today we've got 'is this stringy discharge normal' and 'is this picture ovulation discharge or early pregnancy'. We've also got 'does this look like a tapeworm in my childs poo'

For once I haven't clicked on any of them
I have no intention of clicking on it.
I enjoyed my breakfast and I've no intention of seeing it again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
My youngest was born at 15.55 on the Saturday. At 1400 on the Monday she was in the pub! We hadn't even named her yet nor had my parents met her!

She's now nearly 3 and still regularly asks to go to the pub.
She’d get on well with my 4yo son ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There’s a thread on the style & beauty board called ‘trainer esque shoes that are not trainers’ and most of the suggestions on there are so tit! Almost straight away someone suggested bleeping Skechers.
What’s wrong with Skechers? I love Skechers. They are very comfortable. I even have Skechers walking boots.

Oh god. I’m middle aged. I probably have dementia. I’m sobbing and shaking now.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
What’s wrong with Skechers? I love Skechers. They are very comfortable. I even have Skechers walking boots.

Oh god. I’m middle aged. I probably have dementia. I’m sobbing and shaking now.
I hear ya.

Young folks mostly envy our middle-aged freedom, wealth, confidence in who we are.

I'd find myself pretty heartless to not allow them to find our Skechers pretty sketchy, albeit the most comfortable footwear known to woman. :cool:

• Heart