Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Where’s @CrimsonCountess? We need a new thread NOW or I’ll log it with 111 and write to my MP and sob and shake and curl into a survival ball as I hug my baby tighter.
My bad. I'm here now. New thread

• Heart
Reactions: 4

FeloniousMonk

I actually really dislike McDonalds. I am a weirdo who doesn't like beefburgers and their chicken offerings are just shite when compared to KFC.

• Wow

NoddyFromToytown

If it does happen on tattle, I’m sure it’s just “fat cow ate 2 Big Macs” as opposed to the judgement of moral failure and burden upon society.
---
I’ve been thinking (i can! Despite not going to a Russel group uni…) - and one of the things I love about tattle is its diversity in membership. Mostly women (aside dicks in a row 😁) - but so many much younger women than me who are child-free and living life large. My own social circle doesn’t contain much of that anymore, so it’s great to suck the energy from their young souls. That probably sounds patronising as fuck - but god I miss dancing on tables and random shags of a weekend instead of the mundanity of the myriad of worries.
Have you been reading my diary....? Although at nearly 40 I really should be old enough to know better 🙈 I do have a date this week though so maybe the MN era is yet to come (I'm joking)

Me too, and I am fat and northern and use the word fuck as punctuation in a work setting.

I also went to a russell group uni, work in management and live in a 'nice' area.

Would they accept half of me or shun me for being a working class upstart who should know her place
Slightly concerned now - Are you me?! If so, the answer is they will shun the hell out of you for daring to be part of tattle...even being size French wasn't enough to plead my case...

Although I do say WHAT? far too much, drives Mama Noddy mad... and I'm partial to a 'like' a million times per sentence. Blame my upbringing, too much gravy

• Heart

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
@VC10 don't tell me you like holidays! 😆

@bread-pitt after lockdown 1 and when restrictions slowly started lifting here and there the UK press started talking about staycation holidays for being in the same country. Frankly, half our government ignored guidelines anyway! Yes we are a piddly little country though, Oz and US people say it's so small

Reactions: 3

NitrousOxide

Chatty Member
That is such a nasty spiteful comment. I can’t believe someone actually thinks that way about adoption. Isn’t it horrible?
It's obviously based on personal experience of her partner being traumatised by his adoption. Being taken away from a parent is always going to be horrible for a child, even if the alternative ends up being better. I think it's probably fair to give her some slack.

Don't forget the nightmare fuel (apparently) that is a man carrying his child on his shoulders. Apparently, it's guaranteed death for the infant, as he is bound to trip over his manly feet/have heart attacks/strokes/faints, circumvent the value of g, the acceleration of anything on earth due to gravity (9.8 metres per second/per second, IIRC), meaning that all items and persons that fall from the same height reach the ground at the same irrespective of mass, and topple in slow motion whilst the infant behind his neck flies up into the air, flips over his head, does a swift half pike and smashes skull first into the concrete before he crashes down, unable to use his arms to stop himself or catch the child by an arm or leg before they're even halfway off one shoulder and then squishes them across the pavement.

Yep, in MN, men aren't to be permitted to carry their children because they're too tall and have no instinct to not kill them.

In real life, having had a 6'5" ex, the best thing about it from my point of view is that him carrying her gave her the ability to observe and anticipate issues. Like ducking when approaching a doorway or light fitting.
Ah, I'm afraid, I'm not keen on that either. For many of your aforementioned reasons.

That said your 9.8 isn't far off (obviously, cos physics). From a legal perspective it's 9.81 (because that 1 makes all the difference). Although that differs between counties and the one single body that teaches it so yeah, maybe they should have just stuck with 9.8

rivermonster

VIP Member
Just popping in to say can anyone recommend me where I can buy a jolly dress with chickens on? One that looks like a children's TV presenter ought to wear, or an adult pretending to be a giant baby girl?

No? Ah well....
Can I ask you as a fellow North Wales person - will you tell me what the code thing is please - it is annoying me so much.

Reactions: 2