Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moon Face

I’d absolutely love to see some MNetters in the wild round the rough ends of Sunderland, or Middlesbrough even better. Although now feeling slightly smug since I actually do live in County Durham.
You called. Though I own nothing and do nothing that would identify me as a MN'er, though would probably be someone they ran away from.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
The riot that has started on a thread asking for “staycation suggestions”…
Is that one still up? I started reading it, felt sorry for the OP with all the nitpicking about what a staycation was but went to listen to updates on Constance Marten trial and now can't find it

Girl#7

I wondering if the poo v poop issue may be class based?

My origins are definitely povvo, and I say poop. :cool:

• Haha

50degreesnorth

VIP Member
I had a free bar at my wedding, but only because we got married so far away from anywhere (think, Shetland islands), that we didn’t expect anyone to come, the people who did come paid loads to be there & the prices in the pub we had our reception in were what you’d expect in a 1980s working men’s club. I was twatted.
You got married at the Fraser Peterson centre? 😁

Brandshinynew

VIP Member
We are only going for the rockabilly weekend. Ooops that’s my very outing hobby! We used to go 4 or 5 times a year when we lived in California but it’s further now from Florida so I imagine we won’t go as often. But definitely for Viva Las Vegas rockabilly weekend every year.

Legalized weed is something we are used to. I don’t have an issue with it. The husband used to work on a grow. Interestingly enough, he was considered an essential worker during COVID so he had to continue working. He was looking forward to some time off. No such luck.
---

Even MNers thought that.
There must be an advert then.

Reactions: 1

VC10

VIP Member
It’s still there. I’m one of those people who is irritated by “staycation” being used for a vacation in the same country you live in. To me it’s always been a vacation at home. Time off work and days out in the local area. But I live in a much bigger country. I could fly 6 hours and still be in the same country but in a completely different climate and landscape. When you live in Florida and you go to Montana. Arizona or even Alaska it’s most definitely a vacation. I wouldn’t call that a staycation.
I love exploring different regions of the UK, where I live , different restaurants etc. We aren't fussed about hot beaches, or flying ; been there - done that. Been all over. A holiday is a holiday ! Give me 2 a year ! Lol 😃😃

VC10

VIP Member
My husband has things like that in the garage for holding things down in the truck bed. Bungee cords, I think he calls them,
Stretchy Octopus , ours was called 😆😆
I don't know if that was it's real name lols , my younger son has a couple of them for his gardening trailer

Last edited:
Is that John Hurt doing the voice over? I keep thinking he's going to start doing the Don't Die of Ignorance campaign for HIV. "don't die of a working class holiday camp. Come to Middle Class Butlins"

I also thought CP was all under a dome. There's a Ray Bradbury story called the Long Rain where people live in Sundomes on Venus and I think I've confused them

I've read that story, too - round about the same time as the ads were running. There's a kid's story on similar themes that's absolutely fucking brutal. ETA: All Summer in a Day.