Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit late to this party but Mumsnet eh? (Scratches head).
All these professionals on six figure salaries seem to be incapable of having a conversation with their cleaners! I once dared to ask why & was slaughtered for it. I was accused of being a journalist. 🙄
They couldn't seem to understand that if you ask a cleaner to do something, they'll likely do it happily yet they prefer to whinge about it on Mumsnet and sack the cleaner instead (by text of course)!
Yes there are incompetent and unreliable cleaners but how comes so many work for mumsnetters?
Also the assumption that cleaners are automatically fiddling the tax man is another sign of them looking down on the "working class".

Reactions: 12
Bit late to this party but Mumsnet eh? (Scratches head).
All these professionals on six figure salaries seem to be incapable of having a conversation with their cleaners! I once dared to ask why & was slaughtered for it. I was accused of being a journalist. 🙄
They couldn't seem to understand that if you ask a cleaner to do something, they'll likely do it happily yet they prefer to whinge about it on Mumsnet and sack the cleaner instead (by text of course)!
Yes there are incompetent and unreliable cleaners but how comes so many work for mumsnetters?
Also the assumption that cleaners are automatically fiddling the tax man is another sign of them looking down on the "working class".
And those on there that have cleaners, all have ring doorbell and clock the cleaners hours.

There was one who is apparently high earner but couldn't work out what to do because the cleaner was paid for 3 hours a week and was getting everything done in 2 hours 30 minutes because she watched her leave in the ring doorbell each week. It never cross her mind to either reduce the cleaning the time or ask for extra one off jobs to be done, all she could do was focus on that the cleaner was ripping her off for half hour each week 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone read the thread that the police are apparently monitoring MN following complaints from a former employee!?

EDIT: forgot links don’t work. This thread

2F76665E-F528-49DE-A485-AC1DF06AA547.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Don't think Helen Islan (mimmymum, the person on Twitter who the police were replying to) was ever a Mumsnet employee, was she? She was Mermaids, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Just checked, she was a marketing officer for Mermaids.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Mimmymum is very much in favour of allowing gender transition in children and Mumsnet is very much not, Mermaids seems more likely. I don't think she'd stay working at Mumsnet

Reactions: 5
Don't think Helen Islan (mimmymum, the person on Twitter who the police were replying to) was ever a Mumsnet employee, was she? She was Mermaids, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Just checked, she was a marketing officer for Mermaids.
You’re right, I went back into that thread and the post who said about ex-employee and it says Mermaids. I misread it as Mumsnet the first time lol

Reactions: 3
And those on there that have cleaners, all have ring doorbell and clock the cleaners hours.

There was one who is apparently high earner but couldn't work out what to do because the cleaner was paid for 3 hours a week and was getting everything done in 2 hours 30 minutes because she watched her leave in the ring doorbell each week. It never cross her mind to either reduce the cleaning the time or ask for extra one off jobs to be done, all she could do was focus on that the cleaner was ripping her off for half hour each week 🤣
I HATE this discourse these people don’t deserve the clean house or depriving someone nice of that cleaner’s time (it’s SO hard to secure a reliable and/or amazing cleaner at the mo!!).

Ultimately it’s an exchange of a clean house for money, the time is very clearly an estimate as you cannot guarantee exactly x hours per week as you’re not a robot? Whilst MN hate all working class people the venom they reserve just for women is seriously deranged. They’d be the first to go ballistic dare the cleaner overstay her allocated timings - or heaven forbid request paying for the overtime!

Reactions: 10
I HATE this discourse these people don’t deserve the clean house or depriving someone nice of that cleaner’s time (it’s SO hard to secure a reliable and/or amazing cleaner at the mo!!).

Ultimately it’s an exchange of a clean house for money, the time is very clearly an estimate as you cannot guarantee exactly x hours per week as you’re not a robot? Whilst MN hate all working class people the venom they reserve just for women is seriously deranged. They’d be the first to go ballistic dare the cleaner overstay her allocated timings - or heaven forbid request paying for the overtime!
A little off topic but The going-in on cleaners across social media is one of my absolute pet peeves. I just unfollow anyone who witches about their cleaner online. It’s completely unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The great shoes on/off nonsense. Making tea for builders - yes/no. Paperchase and M&S have gone to tit. What do you call a bread roll? Didn't Wagon Wheels used to be bigger? Aaaargh!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
En suites mean you are pooing in your bedroom apparently. These people have never heard of doors

• Haha
Reactions: 23
also toilet brushes and bins in bathrooms 😂
Never understood how they clean their toilets without a toilet brush 🤔 I must such a basic witch as I have a toilet brush AND a bin in the bathroom. The way those on MN go on, it’s like they go round houses inspecting the brushes just so they can get offended. Just leave other people’s bog brushes alone and then they won’t cause you any hygiene issues!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve never picked up on the ensuite thing! I’d love them to do a critique of my house as all the bedrooms not only have an ensuite so we can tit in our own bedrooms (?) but all also have their own toilet brush and bin. Happy being a grub if it means I don’t have to share a toilet with family members.

I think a lot of them are just riled with jealousy. If someone has something they don’t have then they get overwhelmed with hatred for that particular thing. Holiday to Spain, peh Spain is for poor people, I wouldn’t dream of it. Builders coming in to do work, eugh you’re inviting a potential germ ridden sex offender into your home. They’re so spiteful.

The most curious thing I find is they’re all in competition to be the richest, most successful, live in the best area, have the best job, kids, husband etc until the tide turns when they then compete to be the poorest, with the worst behaved kids, no job, cheating husband and then it’s a competition to the biggest sob story. Every thread

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Never understood how they clean their toilets without a toilet brush 🤔 I must such a basic witch as I have a toilet brush AND a bin in the bathroom. The way those on MN go on, it’s like they go round houses inspecting the brushes just so they can get offended. Just leave other people’s bog brushes alone and then they won’t cause you any hygiene issues!
This is the MN conundrum. On certain days, you’ll get a thread with people saying how much they hate toilet brushes. Then the next day, there’ll be a thread about how they clean their toilet seats by putting them in the dishwasher. You can’t win, and as someone said, the tone of thread will depend on what the first few replies are. If you get a reply from AnyFucker in the first ten replies, you’re fucked, because she lives to argue and be rude and she’s Queen Bee and all her minions will follow.

This is the MN conundrum. On certain days, you’ll get a thread with people saying how much they hate toilet brushes. Then the next day, there’ll be a thread about how they clean their toilet seats by putting them in the dishwasher. You can’t win, and as someone said, the tone of thread will depend on what the first few replies are. If you get a reply from AnyFucker in the first ten replies, you’re fucked, because she lives to argue and be rude and she’s Queen Bee and all her minions will follow.
Please tell me nobody actually puts their toilet seat in the dishwasher and that was sarcasm 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember a woman on there a while ago mentioned she was so ashamed of being British that she went to great lengths to avoid wearing outfits that made her look like a British tourist and in museums would ask for a French headset so that people wouldn’t think she was British.

I’m also a chav in Mumsnet eyes as I love Spain and quite fancy an all inclusive holiday in Benidorm 😂.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.