Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The fetishists who post about poo are the tip of the iceberg. MN really is full of gross men looking for wank fodder. The worst thing is HQ don’t really seem to care. Well-intentioned women are being duped into participating, with no clue what they’re contributing to 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
The fetishists who post about poo are the tip of the iceberg. MN really is full of gross men looking for wank fodder. The worst thing is HQ don’t really seem to care. Well-intentioned women are being duped into participating, with no clue what they’re contributing to 🤢
Wow ... poor mumsnetters... but they're prob so busy with their 'advice' to care... 😂 as long as they can make their point loud and clear 😆

Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen the thread yet about the craziest things they did out of covid paranoia 😬 ... bloody hell.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen the thread yet about the craziest things they did out of covid paranoia 😬 ... bloody hell.
The Mum who ... ' pickled carrots in leftover gherkin juice in case the supermarkets ran out of veg ...' 🤔 how about some frozen veg instead haha I don't believe she did that 😂
I love this one... 😂 the opinion police out in force 😂😂
SmartSelect_20220114-193532_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
For anyone who can't be bothered to read: most of them are fairly normal (if taken a bit too far) stuff like sanitising surfaces, panic buying, or worrying about going out. There are a few gems though

"Stripped clothes off and showered after shopping" - well that's better than trying to shower with clothes ON
"Measured (to the exact cm) the distance between mine and my sister's chairs when she came to visit me in the garden. Then left her coffee cup outside until the next day incase her germs were on it"
" Bought 4x crappy Virus shield snood/face mask things off the internet for 20quid"
Husband wouldn't let OP put ice in her drink as he thought it increased the risk of COVID
Wearing HazMat suits on a flight when returning home from abroad
"I had dissolvable bags that I "sourced" from work it was like a proper decontamination procedure to get everything off, into the bag, then into the washing machine"
Bringing teenage son on a panic shop "in case (OP) needed to fight"
Husband washed milk container when it came from "the grotty shop" but not "the posh shop"

And lots of anti-vax / anti-mask types ranting about "It's all so NASTY and UNNECESSARY" to take any precautions at all

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Wtf though?! If I was that worried, I would have stayed where I was. Or if it was a holiday, I wouldn’t have gone in the first place.
And this one. How lovely for her son. As though it was an episode of Threads. I bet they’re still going though all the bog roll they panic bought in March 2020.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
And this one. How lovely for her son. As though it was an episode of Threads. I bet they’re still going though all the bog roll they panic bought in March 2020.
Was OP really going to have him punch someone in the nose just to get the last toilet roll or packet of pasta?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There’s an unsettling amount of creepy men on there wanting to have a wank

Like asking questions like how to wipe a baby girl.
Their barely teen daughters keep spilling out of their bras.
Their little girls wetting the bed.
AIBU that I asked my son/husband to buy my daughter tampons or towels?

That’s the type of pervy stuff they will always ask

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
There’s an unsettling amount of creepy men on there wanting to have a wank

Like asking questions like how to wipe a baby girl.
Their barely teen daughters keep spilling out of their bras.
Their little girls wetting the bed.
AIBU that I asked my son/husband to buy my daughter tampons or towels?

That’s the type of pervy stuff they will always ask
The first one is inexcusable for them not to take it down tbh. You’ve got regular midwife contact for the first however many weeks of baby’s life, you don’t need showing twice do you. Absolute shithole allowing that carry on.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
The first one is inexcusable for them not to take it down tbh. You’ve got regular midwife contact for the first however many weeks of baby’s life, you don’t need showing twice do you. Absolute shithole allowing that carry on.
You’d think right, but no.

I’ve also seen pseudo-innocent threads (yes, more than one) about how to apply cream to a little girl’s genitals. Obvious pervert. Really vile.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I changed my first nappy at around 10 years of age with no help - no grown adult needs explanation on how to change a baby’s nappy, they should nip it in the bud on that site and anyone asking such questions should be banned immediately.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah changing nappies is really straight forward. It’s nothing like Three Men and a Baby where they make it look like rocket science.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
For anyone who can't be bothered to read: most of them are fairly normal (if taken a bit too far) stuff like sanitising surfaces, panic buying, or worrying about going out. There are a few gems though

"Stripped clothes off and showered after shopping" - well that's better than trying to shower with clothes ON
"Measured (to the exact cm) the distance between mine and my sister's chairs when she came to visit me in the garden. Then left her coffee cup outside until the next day incase her germs were on it"
" Bought 4x crappy Virus shield snood/face mask things off the internet for 20quid"
Husband wouldn't let OP put ice in her drink as he thought it increased the risk of COVID
"I had dissolvable bags that I "sourced" from work it was like a proper decontamination procedure to get everything off, into the bag, then into the washing machine"
Husband washed milk container when it came from "the grotty shop" but not "the posh shop"

And lots of anti-vax / anti-mask types ranting about "It's all so NASTY and UNNECESSARY" to take any precautions at all
It’s crazy, I heard some people were washing their food shop in the bath 🤷🏽‍♀️ Although I must admit I did panic buy lots of powdered milk in case the shops ran out of fresh milk. I felt pretty silly throwing it all away after the 1st lockdown 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7
BB3B8A45-2CFC-4F47-B046-6AA96491BFAB.jpeg

They’re actually all mad. I sort of get the paranoia about it if your children are tiny, because I was terrified of one of mine catching swine flu when that was in the news about 10 years ago, but I had a stern word with myself and overcame the hysteria.

But to go to those lengths?! I can’t begin to imagine what this sort of behaviour is doing to the mental health of their children.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The sex offender chat is making me feel sick tbh.

Early March 2020 before we knew it was respiratory I’d bought those disposable rubber gloves to wear on the tube into work 😂 but also chose to make use of central being dead and went shopping every evening after work! 😳

Reactions: 6
Yeah changing nappies is really straight forward. It’s nothing like Three Men and a Baby where they make it look like rocket science.
Well, quite. After having my DCs I reckon I could have successfully changed a nappy, blindfolded, whilst suspended by one leg from the ceiling. Still nowhere near as adept as my Mum though, who could efficiently change my DD's nappy, ON HER LAP, whilst simultaneously drinking a cup of tea and smoking a fag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Well, quite. After having my DCs I reckon I could have successfully changed a nappy, blindfolded, whilst suspended by one leg from the ceiling. Still nowhere near as adept as my Mum though, who could efficiently change my DD's nappy, ON HER LAP, whilst simultaneously drinking a cup of tea and smoking a fag.
Smoking around a baby *clutches pearls* you should go no contact!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My grandmother smoked when she was having all four of her kids in the 1950’s. She was also told to drink a small bottle of Guinness a day when she was having my mum because her iron levels were low 😂

• Haha
AIBU today:

"Why is everyone in the government / Civil Service always drinking or doing cocaine? They have SUBSIDISED BARS, you wouldn't expect your child's teacher to be drunk on the job" I mean I don't think they do it all day every day when they are at work, it's just in the news more because of the "lockdown parties" scandal. And like Boris Johnson, a lot of them are all from Oxbridge where they were in "drinking clubs" and whatnot

Complaining about "beige food" and too many Scotch eggs, sausage rolls etc at buffets. Yet another humblebrag about "superior" eating habits. Most buffets do have salads / vegetables on offer even if not the "veggie noodle salads and Parma ham wrapped green beans" this person expects

Someone who does not live in New York complaining that it's a horrible city. Don't go there then? You need never visit New York again for the rest of your life.

"I hate my neighbour so much, should I get counseling?" OP says: "It's totally triggered me, I hate them with such a passion, it's ruining my weekend, my life, my home. It's all consuming. My heart is filled with hate." Yes, you need counselling, and not just because of the neighbour.

"AIBU that I will get this draw open!!!!!! Even if the knob has come off" - enough said

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.