Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please tell me nobody actually puts their toilet seat in the dishwasher and that was sarcasm 😂
Sadly not although the original thread about it looks like it was deleted, so hopefully it was a troll. Although according to MN someone saw a post on a Hinch FB page about putting your toilet brush in the dishwasher as well 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Their holidays must be as boring as duck sat in some tent on a campsite in the South of France. I know where I’d rather go!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is the MN conundrum. On certain days, you’ll get a thread with people saying how much they hate toilet brushes. Then the next day, there’ll be a thread about how they clean their toilet seats by putting them in the dishwasher. You can’t win, and as someone said, the tone of thread will depend on what the first few replies are. If you get a reply from AnyFucker in the first ten replies, you’re fucked, because she lives to argue and be rude and she’s Queen Bee and all her minions will follow.
This is so true! There was a thread the other day and AF was one of the first to reply. She said something fairly basic, along the lines of ‘YABU. Try and talk to the person involved’ and about the next 20 replies were people quoting her and saying ‘I agree with AF’!!

It was so sad, as her advice was so basic and simple, it wasn’t a quotable post, but they were scrambling for her approval!

Reactions: 8
AF must Mumsnet full time. I can’t believe they’re still at it so prolifically after all these years.

• Heart
If you have an en suite? Are you not allowed to have a tit in that toilet?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I remember a woman on there a while ago mentioned she was so ashamed of being British that she went to great lengths to avoid wearing outfits that made her look like a British tourist and in museums would ask for a French headset so that people wouldn’t think she was British.

I’m also a chav in Mumsnet eyes as I love Spain and quite fancy an all inclusive holiday in Benidorm 😂.
I remember that thread 😂😂 Thanks for the reminder, off to find!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I love all inclusive holidays in Majorca, I live in a new build and have an en-suite, I am mumsnet scum

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've never been on an all-inclusive holiday, live in a very old falling down house which is constantly ankle deep in dog and cat hair and sand and mud, but we do have an en-suite, I only work when a job comes in (nothing as sinister as it sounds!!), don't think my husband will run off with a floozy, and I think there must be some decent Tories, even though they are very hard to spot. I am also mumsnet scum!

Oh, and in real life I have never ever heard someone refer to someone else as unhinged :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Musmnet would also hate me 😅 I've taken drugs in the past, drink too much, poor with money and pander to my children way too much 😅

Also ... back on the corona crazy thread. One user has just posted that she waited 2 weeks of her 5 year old not walking before she took them to a&e?? Am I reading that right? How is that not outright negligence?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
They are so weird about Covid. From January 2020 they were posting about when it was still barely making headlines here, by early March they were borderline hysterical and were talking about it like the end of days were near and demanding schools were closed ASAP. Then lockdown was declared and they were spying on their neighbours and wanting to report them for sitting in their gardens, this then changed to them sobbing on their kitchen floors at the streets of having to home school and do their ever so important jobs from home. They hurtle from one extreme to the other.

• Wow
I remember one thread when a woman had covid and lived in the absolute middle of nowhere, miles from anyone and anywhere, and wondered would it be ok to walk her dog in the isolated countryside in the dead of night with a mask on. The sheer HORROR of MN suggested she’d asked if it was ok to go into an old people’s home and spit in their faces.
Absolutely insane.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
One post today about ‘what are your evil experiences’ or something. Pretty light hearted (as much as could be on a post about evil anyway)…

Cue a flock of sesquipedalian posters who claim with authority that evil certainly doesn’t exist. Anyone who believes in evil needs educating. One poster who had been particularly verbose and matter of fact across many posts on the subject finally retorted to a simple comment of ‘define the word evil’. Use a bleeping dictionary.

* sesquipedalian - people who deliberately use long words - occasionally to seem more intelligent than they are. It’s today’s word of the day on my app!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Anyone seen that thread where the OP hadn’t seen their neighbour in a while (and somehow knew they’d left their heating on... 🙄)? Omg the amount of posters literally gagging for the family to have all been dead or murdered in a brutal way. You could sense the disappointment when it turned out they’d just moved on.

That lot love to make anything into a theatrical drama.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
One post today about ‘what are your evil experiences’ or something. Pretty light hearted (as much as could be on a post about evil anyway)…

Cue a flock of sesquipedalian posters who claim with authority that evil certainly doesn’t exist. Anyone who believes in evil needs educating. One poster who had been particularly verbose and matter of fact across many posts on the subject finally retorted to a simple comment of ‘define the word evil’. Use a bleeping dictionary.

* sesquipedalian - people who deliberately use long words - occasionally to seem more intelligent than they are. It’s today’s word of the day on my app!
Omg that thread was interesting till know it all’s invaded 🙄 and someone who said if you eat junk food your intuition is off 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has anyone seen today’s thread from the woman who argued with her colleague about yogurts and then made “owl noises” in her face? I’m so glad they’re not my colleagues. Mumsnet is a wild place.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.