Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t have kids but recently I’ve started scrolling through mumsnet and i just sit there agreeing with the advice people give about naughty toddlers and bastard partners like

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My friends sent me some class A mumsnet Christmas threads... currently reading about a mum who thinks paying her kids school £2 for an 'artisinal loaf of bread' (her kid made it) is acceptable...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
There is currently several threads suggesting that Christmas be ‘cancelled’ so that schools can reopen open in January. Anything so they don’t have look after their own kids. Don’t they all have au pairs to do that anyway?🙄 Maybe they should all just change their names to Oliver Cromwell?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've just be reading about the one where the husband is a ex JW & won't allow the kids to have xmas because of his childhood trauma. I've lost count of all the LTB replies

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I've just be reading about the one where the husband is a ex JW & won't allow the kids to have xmas because of his childhood trauma. I've lost count of all the LTB replies
To be fair, if he won’t have counselling, she should!!

Reactions: 7
I’ve got an ex JW in the family and it might sound daft, but not celebrating Christmas or your birthday does affect little kids (other religions like Islam or Judaism have their own celebrations, so I’m not talking about those who don’t celebrate Christmas specifically, obvs. JW don’t really celebrate anything, except Easter and even then it’s not a big family get together type thing).

The fact that the guy has left the Witnesses but still won’t celebrate Christmas tells me he really has some deep down issues that are affecting him. It sounds a bit like he’s still hedging his bets and could maybe do with that de-programming type counselling that is specific to ex cult members. My family member, who is ex JW, has gone the other way and makes a huge deal out of birthdays and Christmas, and really spoils his kids. He’s still close to his JW family as he wasn’t baptised (or their version of it) so he wasn’t dis fellowshipped, although his sister was and the rest of the family won’t talk to her. and he still resents his mother a bit for what she put him through as a kid.

Reactions: 11
I’ve got an ex JW in the family and it might sound daft, but not celebrating Christmas or your birthday does affect little kids (other religions like Islam or Judaism have their own celebrations, so I’m not talking about those who don’t celebrate Christmas specifically, obvs. JW don’t really celebrate anything, except Easter and even then it’s not a big family get together type thing).

The fact that the guy has left the Witnesses but still won’t celebrate Christmas tells me he really has some deep down issues that are affecting him. It sounds a bit like he’s still hedging his bets and could maybe do with that de-programming type counselling that is specific to ex cult members. My family member, who is ex JW, has gone the other way and makes a huge deal out of birthdays and Christmas, and really spoils his kids. He’s still close to his JW family as he wasn’t baptised (or their version of it) so he wasn’t dis fellowshipped, although his sister was and the rest of the family won’t talk to her. and he still resents his mother a bit for what she put him through as a kid.
He definitely needs counselling in my opinion. I know a few ex JW & they too go all out at Xmas & Birthdays. In this particular case, the OP said she will go spend Xmas with her family & take the kids. He's still not happy with that arrangement. If it was me I would take the kids to my parents. But that's just me!

Reactions: 7
He definitely needs counselling in my opinion. I know a few ex JW & they too go all out at Xmas & Birthdays. In this particular case, the OP said she will go spend Xmas with her family & take the kids. He's still not happy with that arrangement. If it was me I would take the kids to my parents. But that's just me!
So would I. As much as I’m not bothered about Christmas (I’m not a JW, just a grinch 😆), I know how much my kids love it and there’s no way I’d let anyone ruin it for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So would I. As much as I’m not bothered about Christmas (I’m not a JW, just a grinch 😆), I know how much my kids love it and there’s no way I’d let anyone ruin it for them.
My mum was a big evangelical Christian when I was growing up. I was bought up that Santa was evil. When I had my son, I really went too town about how magical Santa was. Probably too much as at the age of 13 he still believed!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
There was a crazy one yesterday saying that Christmas should be moved to the summer because of Covid. A lot of posters disagreeing weirdly enough but the OP seemed deadly serious about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What amazes me is the Brexit threads. There are about 8 posters who just will not give up the bitterness, slagging off people who just voted differently to them. There is one poster who keeps trying to put her view across who basically just gets bullied continually, and mumsnet does literally nothing about it. Fascinating to watch from a psychological point of view, but not interesting at all from a political point of view.

Reactions: 16
There was a crazy one yesterday saying that Christmas should be moved to the summer because of Covid. A lot of posters disagreeing weirdly enough but the OP seemed deadly serious about it.
Made me laugh the fact she genuinely seems to think that Christmas being in December doesnt have a reason and theres no good reason why it has to be December.

The reply about Christmas songs making no sense if sang in Summer made me laugh 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There’s a thread on there at the moment from a woman who is convinced the government are tampering with PCR tests because she’s feels very unwell and refuses to believe her PCR really was negative! All comments pointing out that this is highly unlikely and she more than likely has the flu rather than covid are being ignored because she lives in London (what that has to do with I don’t know!?!)and and also refuses to believe flu can make you feel that unwell (which proves she’s probably never had proper flu before because Ive never been as ill in my life as when I had the flu and was physically unable to get out of bed for a week, but anyway I digress🙄).

Reactions: 19
And the regular wood burning stove thread is back today. I have to stop myself behaving in a deranged and over invested (true mumsnet) manner which would involve AS them for posts about long haul flights and fast cars.

Reactions: 4
My mum was a big evangelical Christian when I was growing up. I was bought up that Santa was evil. When I had my son, I really went too town about how magical Santa was. Probably too much as at the age of 13 he still believed!
Thinking about it, though, imagine any other scenario where some old man gained access to your house without being invited and let in, on the pretext of bringing gifts for your children...

Reactions: 3
I've been banned again after asking for genuine advice after my step son brought covid into the house where i have a poorly newborn.. because I'm a 'previously banned poster'

bleeping arseholes. I was in a right panic aswell.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've been banned again after asking for genuine advice after my step son brought covid into the house where i have a poorly newborn.. because I'm a 'previously banned poster'

bleeping arseholes. I was in a right panic aswell.
They are such nasty fuckers the lot of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.