Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will just never get bored of the new and creative ways the shoe horn in to any old post how much they earn, and how successful they are!

One thread the other week was something like ‘I struggle with online job applications anyone else?’ and within a few posts someone was going on about ‘my very intelligent and high earning husband has a similar problem…’ I mean eye roll!

Someone being a high earner is included as a detail in the most unrelated posts!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sorry if I missed this...but the woman convinced her husband was having an affair because he text her saying he was waving at stone henge!
I saw that one! It was barmy! Worse were the posters who, even after OP updated saying everything was ok and she’d got the full story, were still telling her her husband was gaslighting and lying to her because she didn’t remember him saying he was going on a trip where he had to drive

Reactions: 11
I saw that one! It was barmy! Worse were the posters who, even after OP updated saying everything was ok and she’d got the full story, were still telling her her husband was gaslighting and lying to her because she didn’t remember him saying he was going on a trip where he had to drive
I honestly think that site and its moderators must know the harm those kind of posts can do, yet they choose to let this awful train of thought develop. 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I will just never get bored of the new and creative ways the shoe horn in to any old post how much they earn, and how successful they are!

One thread the other week was something like ‘I struggle with online job applications anyone else?’ and within a few posts someone was going on about ‘my very intelligent and high earning husband has a similar problem…’ I mean eye roll!

Someone being a high earner is included as a detail in the most unrelated posts!
Nowhere else would anyone describe themselves as a high earner.
How much do you have to be taking home to your rural home with no en suites and endless chicken dinners and giant sons and teeny tiny daughters anyway?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I honestly think that site and its moderators must know the harm those kind of posts can do, yet they choose to let this awful train of thought develop. 😕
I totally agree with this @Huns, but it's like some kind of feeding frenzy with everyone egging everyone else on to imagine the worst possible scenario, even down to "he ate the last packet of crisps" = LTB, ducks in a row, hotshot solicitor, gaslighting, emotional abuse etc etc. Whereas normal people might be mildly pissed off and snarl a bit for a few minutes. You know there's something wrong when people have to put 'lighthearted' in the title of their post.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Always a ‘high earner’ on a ‘six figure salary’ who works in a ‘niche industry’. Whoever knew there so many high earning jobs in niche industries?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
There's a post on the "am I being unreasonable " bit about how your choice of chocolate determines your class.... And of course there are so many that wouldn't eat anything other than Prestat & even charbonnel & walker are a bit rough now as they sell in tkMaxx ..
Theyre absolute bleeping weirdos!

Im not a fan of Cadburys tbh as I'm clearly not scum & better than anyone who likes a twirl.😉
nah, it's just nasty since they got taken over by Kraft & it's now waxy palm oily shite, bastards. 😡
Their flakes and buttons are still good lol.

I loved Aldi's hazelnut heaven and still remember it being 59p when it first came out.

G&B always usually on sale at my local sainsburys.

I eat anything though. 😜

The rose + violet chocolate is only <£7 for 120g.

Always a ‘high earner’ on a ‘six figure salary’ who works in a ‘niche industry’. Whoever knew there so many high earning jobs in niche industries?
And sometimes their jobs cannot be listed because it will out them, as well as their hobby outing them!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Someone on there has a problem with people responding ‘you’re welcome’ to a thank you email 😱🙄
Mumsnetters are pathetic!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My people :LOL:

My personal favourite ever mumsnet thread is the classic competitive undereating - one of my faves involved asking how many people a standard supermarket baguette would serve.

You had your classic - "oh no, one slice would fill me up completely it's so heavy" and "my husband could GREEDILY eat HALF A BAGUETTE TO HIMSELF but I don't eat carbs" to the "oh if it's from a supermarket it will be overly processed I prefer to buy an organic sourdough loaf and spread it with home churned butter and organic garlic"

For what it's worth, I am a greedy bint and I will eat an entire garlic baguette to myself.

And I have a toilet brush.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Please tell me that someone else read the thread about the person buying thousands of pounds worth of baby clothes & not even pregnant 🙄 One of her replies was 'if I'm infertile I will sell them' As someone who is infertitle, I wanted to tit punch her!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Please tell me that someone else read the thread about the person buying thousands of pounds worth of baby clothes & not even pregnant 🙄 One of her replies was 'if I'm infertile I will sell them' As someone who is infertitle, I wanted to tit punch her!
I think that was a troll. Such an unkind flippant comment.

Reactions: 8
There was also collective horror at washing tea towels with other washing.
FFS 🤣

I vaguely remember a horrified thread about washing underwear with your regular washing. Apparently underwear is just so gross it needs to be washed separately.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.