Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a current thread where a mother wants to get her daughter out of PE because it’s cold, some proper bonkers replies

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There’s a current thread where a mother wants to get her daughter out of PE because it’s cold, some proper bonkers replies
TBF, I used to write a note for my oldest whenever I possibly could - she HATED PE! Not surprising when you realise that not one but two of her PE teachers have been done for sexual abuse of children in their care. I reckon she has good insight.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
If you want a laugh, have a look at the thread called “petty pils didn’t wait for us then moaned about fils old tux”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If you want a laugh, have a look at the thread called “petty pils didn’t wait for us then moaned about fils old tux”
Omg the OP is almost completely incoherent. A lesson is not posting drunk perhaps?

One response "Are you on glue?" 😂

Just discovered another classic MN thread where the op wants to get her daughter out of PE for the rest of term. She hasn't given a specific reason so far - except that her daughter doesn't want to do PE, and so OP was looking for suggestions of excuses. But no-one is giving her what she wants :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Read further, and it turns out its the weather the girl doesn't like! :rolleyes:

Lots of the responses that are supportive of the OP are basically just complaining about their own crappy PE classes decades ago. On the other extreme is people calling the OP a bad parent. Then in the middle people saying 'don't lie for her and maybe just get her some more base layers?'

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Then in the middle people saying 'don't lie for her and maybe just get her some more base layers?'
Sensible, measured, reasonable advice on mumsnet that mat actually be grounded in truth not utter fantasy? There's a first time for everything 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Omg the OP is almost completely incoherent. A lesson is not posting drunk perhaps?

One response "Are you on glue?" 😂
That sounds like an old one I read from one of those “classic Mumsnet threads you remember” where the OP and husband gatecrashed her FIL’s dinner party even though they were explicitly not invited (they “called in” when “on their way to somewhere else”) and she was moaning because he didn’t offer her enough glasses of his expensive champagne he was serving for his guests for her liking! She was accused of posting drunk too IIRC. I’m going to try and find it lol.

Edit: I thought it was years old but it was April last year. It hit 1000 posts! Called: “Fil reluctant to serve niether myself nor dh nice champagne?”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
That sounds like an old one I read from one of those “classic Mumsnet threads you remember” where the OP and husband gatecrashed her FIL’s dinner party even though they were explicitly not invited (they “called in” when “on their way to somewhere else”) and she was moaning because he didn’t offer her enough glasses of his expensive champagne he was serving for his guests for her liking! She was accused of posting drunk too IIRC. I’m going to try and find it lol.

Edit: I thought it was years old but it was April last year. It hit 1000 posts! Called: “Fil reluctant to serve niether myself nor dh nice champagne?”
In this thread some were saying they thought it was the same person as champagnegate!
She sounds a delightful DIL :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The OP from the weird PIL tux thread has returned and she still thinks she's in the right. It is v funny. She's not much more coherent in the morning either...

The OP from the weird PIL tux thread has returned and she still thinks she's in the right. It is v funny. She's not much more coherent in the morning either...
she’s like a gift that keeps on giving! someone has mentioned another thread she started where she thinks her ‘PILS backed the wrong horse’

• Haha
The bloody thread about giving someone a lift to work is at 20 pages, everyone has said the same . Basically , duck off you are taking the piss, but still it rolls on.

she’s like a gift that keeps on giving! someone has mentioned another thread she started where she thinks her ‘PILS backed the wrong horse’
This scathing response made me laugh. It's so mean. But the OP has come across so poorly I don't feel too sorry for her.
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 10.48.51 pm.png

• Haha
  • Wow
This scathing response made me laugh. It's so mean. But the OP has come across so poorly I don't feel too sorry for her.
View attachment 1025080
To be honest I don’t know who I dislike more, the op or the posters who write those kind of responses. I imagine them chuckling away to themselves at how marvellously witty and sharp they are. When in reality they too probably live too much on the internet (like most of us🤣).

• Haha
Reactions: 13
AIBUwatch!

"AIBU to eat a whole packet of party rings?" You certainly are, Mumsnet is the home of competitive abstinence from food

"Daisy May Cooper's new show is called 'Am I Being Unreasonable', it's about us!" A show in which Daisy will buy her clothes from Toast, divide everything into "naice" or "common", and make a chicken last all week.

"AIBU to think not having a funeral is OK?" As they say - it's your funeral. Request that your body be tossed into a pit if you like

People sneering at working from home again

"Is my friend being unreasonable because she won't buy dairy milk to offer her builders tea?" No, your friend is not unreasonable. Mumsnetters fear builders as they fear the devil, and never make them tea as they might need to use the toilet afterwards

"AIBU to resent 'DP' having a teddy bear he shares with his ex?" Yes an actual teddy bear which the ex sometimes comes over to collect or asks if she can have over the holiday. Most responses assume this is made up or assume an adult with a teddy bear isn't capable of a normal relationship. I'm in my 30s and have an entire menagerie of stuffed animals which my fiancé is fine with, although I don't share any with my exes. Either way, if true, not something you expect sympathy about from Mumsnet!

• Haha
  • Wow
There’s now a thread called “petty?” which someone has written from the parent in laws view 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh my. Keeping with the “petty” theme I’ve just come across a ridiculous one. OP says her colleague reported her to manager, because colleague said she was hungry and isn’t stopping for lunch until 3pm. OP had an earlier lunch as the work for her part of the project hadn’t come through yet, and OP replied “I’m hungry too, but can’t complain because I’ve had lunch already and I’m finishing soon”. Colleague complained to manager that part-time OP was rubbing it in the full-time colleagues face. But bizarrely, posters are agreeing with the colleague: “I can see where she’s coming from” and “it was a pretty dickish thing to do”. Am I missing something!?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don’t know if it’s the time of day/year, me noticing things or just coincidence, but AIBU has been unbelievably nasty this past few days! Shocking responses to some quite inoffensive OPs!

Title- “Breastfeeding in a well known coffee chain shop”

Actual story- was I BU for complaining about other people bagging tables in advance

I can’t deal with this thread 🤡

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.