Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I posted something about being sick of my husband playing golf because I feel stuck at home with the children and apparently he’s a terrible husband and I should be ashamed I let him get away with this.
Since being home I’ve not lifted a finger for our little boy, he’s cooked us all tea and now putting him to bed. I now feel awful that I just wanted to have a rant about how hard Motherhood is and basically I shouldn’t be with a man who wants to just do hobbies and use me for sex. 😂😂😂
Like I said, I will just stick to the tattle advice pages for a little anonymous moan 😂
You've potentially outed yourself by telling us your Husbands hobby! 😱😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I feel like a lot of the time the advice to give is 'You and your husband need to work on communication and clairfy what is important to both of you (be that work, family time, schooling, house renovations, a clean kitchen , family holidays etc etc etc).'

But I suppose that's boring advice.
Yep. The mods and owners wouldn't want simple and sensible advice over the madness that usually goes on as it'd hurt pageviews 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I actually think it's a really dangerous place as it can completely skew perspectives when people are having a bit of a tough time, or even just a bad day (like the poster on here referred to).

Reactions: 10
Sadly so true! There was a thread the other week moaning about her husband who was a carpenter by trade I believe. She complained that after a hard week on building sites, he then spent all day Saturdays working on their doer upper! And that he didn't want to get contractors in as a: by her own admission they'd not do as good a job as her husband and b: it would cost thousands.

"But weekends are family time" "he can't just duck out of family life" "he's a parent too" and of course the MN classic "I hope you get the exact equivalent time off".

Error he's not off doing leisure activities, he's literally renovating the family home.... 🤦‍♀️

Sadly also very true. The double standards are so clear all the way across the site.
That phrase winds me up

"Well I hope you get exact equal time off"

I bet the stopwatch on their phones is the most used thing on there after the Mumsnet site.

• Haha
That phrase winds me up

I bet the stopwatch on their phones is the most used thing on there after the Mumsnet site.
I'm amazed nobody has pointed if they spent less time playing at Hyacinth Bucket on MN and moanjng about inconsequential things on there for 2 hours a day, they'd have a ton more free time...... 😉 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Over on Reddit they are claiming that bluntness has been banned. About bloody time if true, nasty rude cow that she was. With any luck it will be Worra Liberty and AnyFucker next.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Over on Reddit they are claiming that bluntness has been banned. About bloody time if true, nasty rude cow that she was. With any luck it will be Worra Liberty and AnyFucker next.
There were rumours that Bluntess worked for Mumsnet in some capacity due to how she was cropping up in nearly every single bloody thread. If she didn't work for Mumsnet she is a truly sad individual who has nothing better to do than spend 24 hours a day on Mumsnet

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There were rumours that Bluntess worked for Mumsnet in some capacity due to how she was cropping up in nearly every single bloody thread. If she didn't work for Mumsnet she is a truly sad individual who has nothing better to do than spend 24 hours a day on Mumsnet
I wouldn't be surprised at all. I can almost see the job description "as a Community Manager one of your key roles us to stimulate and drive discussion on the site" - in other words wind up the forums fir page views

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Someone has just posted asking what they should send in a care package to a British person in the USA. In amongst the obvious suggestions of Cadbury’s chocolate, Marmite, PG Tips, digestive biscuits etc one mumsnetter had seriously said Emma Bridgwater 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t stand “LTB” oh right, yeah. Okay. OP should just end their marriage over something stupid that they’ll likely regret ranting about on mumsnet for.

Literally something like “DH didn’t load the dishwasher…” LTB! He’s emotionally abusing you, get out now OP

Also, the mum shaming 😲 vile site.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
View attachment 1010461
Did anyone read this one?
I did and I felt sorry for the poster, the rest were incredible cruel.
It doesn't matter how much her jeans cost, where she got them from or what brand they were; they were something she treated herself to and another person's animal potentially ruined them.

Had it been one of their fancy dresses from Toast it would have been a different story.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That phrase winds me up

Someone I know does this… they take parenting shifts - 2 hours at a time. I don’t know if it’s genius or slightly bonkers. I do feel a bit inspired by it though.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
A thread on right now about a poster, female, aged 26 wanting to start a relationship with an 18 year old male.

Pretty much all of the posters are telling her to go for it. One poster has pointed out the irony and commented that a 26 year old man would not be encouraged to form a relationship with an 18 year old female.

Reactions: 9
I did and I felt sorry for the poster, the rest were incredible cruel.
It doesn't matter how much her jeans cost, where she got them from or what brand they were; they were something she treated herself to and another person's animal potentially ruined them.

Had it been one of their fancy dresses from Toast it would have been a different story.
They were quite mean to her.

Reactions: 1
A thread on right now about a poster, female, aged 26 wanting to start a relationship with an 18 year old male.

Pretty much all of the posters are telling her to go for it. One poster has pointed out the irony and commented that a 26 year old man would not be encouraged to form a relationship with an 18 year old female.
WTF would a 26 year old have in common with an 18 year old?! Aside from the fact it’s morally wrong, 18 year old boys (and yes I know legally they are men) are usually still very young and immature for their years.

Reactions: 11
WTF would a 26 year old have in common with an 18 year old?! Aside from the fact it’s morally wrong, 18 year old boys (and yes I know legally they are men) are usually still very young and immature for their years.
How is it morally wrong? If they're both mature I can't really see a problem?
I understand with the boy being eight years younger and yes they do mature slower. But the other way round?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I wouldn't be surprised at all. I can almost see the job description "as a Community Manager one of your key roles us to stimulate and drive discussion on the site" - in other words wind up the forums fir page views
I absolutely think this is true. I also think it's why some of the big names are allowed to get away with murder because they're worth their weight in gold to MNHQ as they generate a lot of traffic on the site.

• Heart
Why whenever food is mentioned on there is it always a 'small snack' or a 'light snack' why need to mention the word small? Someone the other day was saying they had a movie night with a 'small bag of popcorn each' what about a duck load of sweets popcorn and crisps for treat night 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Why whenever food is mentioned on there is it always a 'small snack' or a 'light snack' why need to mention the word small? Someone the other day was saying they had a movie night with a 'small bag of popcorn each' what about a duck load of sweets popcorn and crisps for treat night 🙃
Because they are still full from their massive salads and the never ending roast chicken.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The only acceptable portion size for popcorn is for it to be served in a bucket big enough to bath in.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.