Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a great thread on there today about would you let your 12 year old go to a sleepover where the kids will all be staying in an annex next door to the parents house. Mixed responses, but quite a few saying it's too young to be in a separate building (even if it is next door) but maybe when they were 14-15. One said not until they were 18!

They need to get onto the Stacey Solomon thread on here where her older (9 and 13) kids bedrooms are in an annex about 50ft from the main house 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
So I spotted a thread about Stacey Solomons house on mumsnet earlier… it lasted about a whole half hour before being pulled as it ‘wasn’t in the spirit of the site’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So glad I found this thread.

I went on Mumsnet once about a year ago to ask for advice on my (at the time) stepdaughter. Nobody actually gave me any advice, I just seemed to attract all the bitter baby mothers who just slagged off the fact I was with a man who already had kids.

They all (wrongly) assumed I was the ‘other woman’ and the ‘home wrecker’ and were completely and utterly vile.

I’d mentioned in my post that I was pregnant and that my stepdaughter was really struggling to come to terms with it and was asking what I could do to try and help her. One of them said ( this is direct quote) ‘I don’t know if it’s your pregnancy hormones, but you sound like a complete bleeping twit’. That was it, nothing else.

I reported it to the mods and they did duck all so I started arguing back with them. 15 minutes later, I was banned.

It’s an absolute cesspool of nastiness. Yet we are the ones who get the bad rep 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
So I spotted a thread about Stacey Solomons house on mumsnet earlier… it lasted about a whole half hour before being pulled as it ‘wasn’t in the spirit of the site’ 😂
What's the spirit of the site? All the members fight like cat and dog ripping shreds out of one another on most threads

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What's the spirit of the site? All the members fight like cat and dog ripping shreds out of one another on most threads
I posted today on something really banal but Betty big bollocks swaggers in and wants a fight, every time. Hide the thread. Again.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Has anyone seen the thread where the OP made felt animals as wedding favours for her wedding and the SIL kicked off because she gave her a cow and her child a pig. She accused the OP of insulting her family. Bonkers. I think some people go around looking for things to be offended by!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
So glad I found this thread.

I went on Mumsnet once about a year ago to ask for advice on my (at the time) stepdaughter. Nobody actually gave me any advice, I just seemed to attract all the bitter baby mothers who just slagged off the fact I was with a man who already had kids.

They all (wrongly) assumed I was the ‘other woman’ and the ‘home wrecker’ and were completely and utterly vile.

I’d mentioned in my post that I was pregnant and that my stepdaughter was really struggling to come to terms with it and was asking what I could do to try and help her. One of them said ( this is direct quote) ‘I don’t know if it’s your pregnancy hormones, but you sound like a complete bleeping twit’. That was it, nothing else.

I reported it to the mods and they did duck all so I started arguing back with them. 15 minutes later, I was banned.

It’s an absolute cesspool of nastiness. Yet we are the ones who get the bad rep 🙄
They really hate stepmothers on MN. If you’re treating the stepchildren well ‘YOU ARE NOT THEIR MOTHER, THEY ALREADY HAVE ONE’ and you’re overstepping boundaries and if you leave the children well alone ‘WHAT SORT OF MONSTER ARE YOU?! YOU KNEW HE HAD KIDS WHEN YOU GOT TOGETHER’.

Never seen anything like it. The only thing MN hates more than men, is stepmothers.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Big debate going on over there now about bathroom bins.
Who are all these weirdos that don't have one and put absolutely everything in the kitchen bin?
And for the love of God, stop referring to sanitary towels and tampons as "Sanpro" :sick:
I am most excited to get stuck into the bathroom bin thread. I might treat myself to a pepsi max for my adventure into madness.
This was my thread I'm a boring bastard aren't I ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Did anyone see the cum towel thread ? It was like the penis beaker one she made her husband use a special sex towel to mop the up the jizz every time they shagged . No wonder there are so many posts about cheating men on Mumsnet !! Poor bloke must be so bored having sex with her !!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Sanpro 🤣🤣🤣🤣 whhhhhy do they do this, no one in real life EVER has called period products sanpro! Do they think it makes them edgy?! I really want to know, if you don’t have a bin in your bathroom and you have a mate round on their period, do you expect them to come out with their “sanpro” and have to put it in the kitchen bin?!

Reactions: 14
Hi all, currently suffering from hairloss 4 months PP just wondering if any mums have had the same issue and have any recommendations of shampoo/conditioner/masks that would help? Just came out a shower to another chunk out don’t know how much longer this goes on for 😕xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi all, currently suffering from hairloss 4 months PP just wondering if any mums have had the same issue and have any recommendations of shampoo/conditioner/masks that would help? Just came out a shower to another chunk out don’t know how much longer this goes on for 😕xx
Don’t worry, it’s alarming but normal. You don’t shed much hair when pregnant, so after you give birth you shed all the hair you would have shed if you hadn’t been pregnant. 3-4 months is the peak but it will stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Do all of Mumsnet hate men? I just wanted to rant about my husband and basically told to leave him.
I’m just a bit fed up tbh and wanted to write in a safe space and now think I will just stick to tattle.

Reactions: 12
There’s a ‘how do you pronounce…’ thread in full sail on there at the moment. It’s so weird how some of them can’t get their heads round how some words are pronounced differently in different parts of the country. Do they never leave their leafy, rural villages or talk to their cockney sparrer cleaners?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
There’s a ‘how do you pronounce…’ thread in full sail on there at the moment. It’s so weird how some of them can’t get their heads round how some words are pronounced differently in different parts of the country. Do they never leave their leafy, rural villages or talk to their cockney sparrer cleaners?
Oh I hate those threads. It’s like they’ve never heard of rhotic vs non-rhotic accents before. That’s usually what it comes down to.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.