Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG "Sanpro." A while ago there was a public information film on the air in Japan encouraging families to do a "Bousai Sanpo" ("Disaster Prevention Stroll") i.e. walk around the neighbourhood together and work out where they'd go if a natural disaster happened while they are out, since earthquakes etc are so common there. It had a song and now I can't stop singing "Bousai Sanpro!"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Do all of Mumsnet hate men? I just wanted to rant about my husband and basically told to leave him.
I’m just a bit fed up tbh and wanted to write in a safe space and now think I will just stick to tattle.
Pretty much. I find it odd because I knew there are abusive men out there. However on that site, if you have a grumble about your husband or boyfriend or whatever, he is instantly abusive and you must leave.

I find it such a dangerous place at times because while there could be someone who is in an abusive relationship, I seriously doubt all the men they post about are being abusive and sometimes people just want to grumble. I can't help but wonder if those who constantly post that they need to leave the man etc are either single or are with someone who never does anything wrong.

Any mistake is seen as abusive. I once commented on there that men male mistakes or genuinely just dont think sometimes and I got told that i needed to leave my abusive marriage if i i thought this was acceptable. I pointed out I also make mistakes and then got told I was being abusive but didnt realise it because I was used to am abusive marriage and thought that was normal!!

Its perfectly fine to grumble about your husband! We all do about our partners, ita normal, despite what Mumsnet think.

There’s a ‘how do you pronounce…’ thread in full sail on there at the moment. It’s so weird how some of them can’t get their heads round how some words are pronounced differently in different parts of the country. Do they never leave their leafy, rural villages or talk to their cockney sparrer cleaners?
Don't even get me started on how they pretend to be thick by saying "I'm guessing your American because you said Mom, so I suggest you seek advice for your own country"

And then go on to insist it's because the person has been Americanised by too much tv and picked it up from there and it's not a proper English word, despite the poster being 55 and growing up in the Midlands and literally no exposure to American tv shows as a child!!!

I feel like they all think the internet only covers their little village and everyone on there are neighbours

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I can't get over the bathroom bin fixation or not changing your pad/tampon at someone's else house. If it needs changing then just do it. Who is examining the contents of their own bins that much?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I can't get over the bathroom bin fixation or not changing your pad/tampon at someone's else house. If it needs changing then just do it. Who is examining the contents of their own bins that much?
Mumsnetters do it so everyone else must too!

Bathroom bin weirdos, they are fascinated. Surely just put a bin in and mind your own business.

Pretty much. I find it odd because I knew there are abusive men out there. However on that site, if you have a grumble about your husband or boyfriend or whatever, he is instantly abusive and you must leave.

I find it such a dangerous place at times because while there could be someone who is in an abusive relationship, I seriously doubt all the men they post about are being abusive and sometimes people just want to grumble. I can't help but wonder if those who constantly post that they need to leave the man etc are either single or are with someone who never does anything wrong.

Any mistake is seen as abusive. I once commented on there that men male mistakes or genuinely just dont think sometimes and I got told that i needed to leave my abusive marriage if i i thought this was acceptable. I pointed out I also make mistakes and then got told I was being abusive but didnt realise it because I was used to am abusive marriage and thought that was normal!!

Its perfectly fine to grumble about your husband! We all do about our partners, ita normal, despite what Mumsnet think.

Don't even get me started on how they pretend to be thick by saying "I'm guessing your American because you said Mom, so I suggest you seek advice for your own country"

And then go on to insist it's because the person has been Americanised by too much tv and picked it up from there and it's not a proper English word, despite the poster being 55 and growing up in the Midlands and literally no exposure to American tv shows as a child!!!

I feel like they all think the internet only covers their little village and everyone on there are neighbours
Is it anyfucker who is obsessed with that? She never came on my radar much but I think she was a big advocate of LTB and then was a mumsnet hero. Bizarre really.
Sorry if you are on here AF- just my observation and not researched much.

They’re all armchair psychologists on there. They throw words like ‘gaslighting’, ‘narcissistic’, and ‘emotional abuse’ around with gay abandon and they’re able to diagnose whether someone’s autistic from a single post. Imagine how much money and time the NHS could save if they employed some of them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
They’re all armchair psychologists on there. They throw words like ‘gaslighting’, ‘narcissistic’, and ‘emotional abuse’ around with gay abandon and they’re able to diagnose whether someone’s autistic from a single post. Imagine how much money and time the NHS could save if they employed some of them.
If someone ever starts a thread complaining about badly behaved children you will almost immediately get a response saying something like ’they may have ASD/ADHD/ADD/Conduct Disorder etc’ to justify it, when in fact nine times out of ten these kids are just bloody naughty!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And if there’s an older person being an arse then they’ve definitely got dementia

If someone ever starts a thread complaining about badly behaved children you will almost immediately get a response saying something like ’they may have ASD/ADHD/ADD/Conduct Disorder etc’ to justify it, when in fact nine times out of ten these kids are just bloody naughty!
And tbf, it’s quite offensive ascribing bad behaviour to a disorder or autism. And they do it with adults too.

‘My next door neighbour has just thrown a brick through my bedroom for no reason at all’

‘He may be autistic, OP. Please show him some compassion’.

Er, no. He’s probably just a bleep. Firstly, not all people with autism are badly behaved, just like NT people, and even if he is, it doesn’t excuse him throwing a brick through the window, and secondly, some people are just cunts.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
SAN PRO! ARGH! One of my most hated mumsnettisms. Genuinely made me question if I was weird for having a bathroom bin at one point. I remember a thread once where several women claimed they put all their babies dirty nappies directly into the outside bin because “even in nappy bags they make your house smell”. First question, what are you feeding your kids? Second question, who can be arsed with that?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
SAN PRO! ARGH! One of my most hated mumsnettisms. Genuinely made me question if I was weird for having a bathroom bin at one point. I remember a thread once where several women claimed they put all their babies dirty nappies directly into the outside bin because “even in nappy bags they make your house smell”. First question, what are you feeding your kids? Second question, who can be arsed with that?
As much as it pains me to agree with anyone on mumsnet, I do agree with this wholeheartedly! I was a childminder for 10 years and the smell of the nappy bin used to knock me sick 🤮 I would always take it straight to the outside bin as I was paranoid that parents would smell it when they picked their children up!

Reactions: 8
Honestly I posted something about being sick of my husband playing golf because I feel stuck at home with the children and apparently he’s a terrible husband and I should be ashamed I let him get away with this.
Since being home I’ve not lifted a finger for our little boy, he’s cooked us all tea and now putting him to bed. I now feel awful that I just wanted to have a rant about how hard Motherhood is and basically I shouldn’t be with a man who wants to just do hobbies and use me for sex. 😂😂😂
Like I said, I will just stick to the tattle advice pages for a little anonymous moan 😂

Reactions: 6
Can I mount a defence for sanpro? It's what the retailers call it, the sanpro aisle, the sanpro buyer etc etc. I only know this from previous retail experience, but sanpro doesnt bother me half as much as LTB when the bloke has merely sneezed in the wrong direction :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
The only acceptable menz on Mumsnet are totally emasculated ones. The ones who work a 12 hour day then come home and meekly start scrubbing the bathroom whilst simultaneously cooking turbot & dust for dinner. Because, you know, the Mumsnetter is shattered having taken Viola to Toddler French AND Pre-School Meditation.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yes, but there are people on there who claim to be able to hold their 💩 if they are not at home and never at work or other people's houses.

I'm an antiMNetter. I wait until I get into work so I get paid to poo and have free bog roll five days per week.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
They’ve deleted the thread on there about Katie Price being arrested because it’s ‘not in the spirit of the site’. Yes it’s not in the spirit of the site to point out that she’s a drunk driving, drug addled narcissist, appalling mother, violent abuser and all round skank. Yet you just know that if that were a male celebrity who’d done the same the thread would still be up and they be calling him all names under the sun 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The only acceptable menz on Mumsnet are totally emasculated ones. The ones who work a 12 hour day then come home and meekly start scrubbing the bathroom whilst simultaneously cooking turbot & dust for dinner. Because, you know, the Mumsnetter is shattered having taken Viola to Toddler French AND Pre-School Meditation.
Sadly so true! There was a thread the other week moaning about her husband who was a carpenter by trade I believe. She complained that after a hard week on building sites, he then spent all day Saturdays working on their doer upper! And that he didn't want to get contractors in as a: by her own admission they'd not do as good a job as her husband and b: it would cost thousands.

"But weekends are family time" "he can't just duck out of family life" "he's a parent too" and of course the MN classic "I hope you get the exact equivalent time off".

Error he's not off doing leisure activities, he's literally renovating the family home.... 🤦‍♀️

They’ve deleted the thread on there about Katie Price being arrested because it’s ‘not in the spirit of the site’. Yes it’s not in the spirit of the site to point out that she’s a drunk driving, drug addled narcissist, appalling mother, violent abuser and all round skank. Yet you just know that if that were a male celebrity who’d done the same the thread would still be up and they be calling him all names under the sun 🙄
Sadly also very true. The double standards are so clear all the way across the site.

• Wow
  • Haha
I feel like a lot of the time the advice to give is 'You and your husband need to work on communication and clairfy what is important to both of you (be that work, family time, schooling, house renovations, a clean kitchen , family holidays etc etc etc).'

But I suppose that's boring advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.