Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some people are crackers honestly. This was a response under the ‘ Things you do without’ thread
It started off so normal. Like yea I didn't have a microwave for ages (not for a smug reason just was a poor graduate). Yea people don't have dishwashers. Oh right you be Cray stop blow drying your plates.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Screenshot_20220120-190236_Talk.jpg
Screenshot_20220120-190249_Talk.jpg

Now if this was me I would probably ring a friend & vent to her, not go onto a forum before I've even spoken to my husband

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Some people are crackers honestly. This was a response under the ‘ Things you do without’ thread
I either use a tea towel or leave them to air dry. Never, ever would it occur to me to use a hairdryer which probably uses more electricity than the microwave or popcorn maker. Surely a microwave uses less than an oven anyway? And how does doing without cookery books help anyone?!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I was a bit 🤔 at this one.. how would the person find her? He’d be a DNA match for her husband but not her.. has she come back to explain that yet? 🤥
As @Blurp said, I think she has used her email address. Let me check if she has come back!

I was a bit 🤔 at this one.. how would the person find her? He’d be a DNA match for her husband but not her.. has she come back to explain that yet? 🤥
Nope not updated.

Reactions: 4
I know someone who did an Ancestry DNA test and discovered that his father was a sperm donor. His parents had never told him. Apparently that’s happened quite a lot thanks to Ancestry.

He found a bunch of half siblings (unsurprisingly) and then, several months later, they found a new sibling who also didn’t know they were donor conceived. Mad 😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Tattle doesn't like to link to MN, do you have a screen shot?
Screenshot_20220121-081058_LINE.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-081110_LINE.jpg

Some of the responses are reasonable: "if you really like it wear it" or "would you consider a tight pencil skirt that wasn't from a sex shop?" But this being MN there's a lot less ... gentle comments:

"Everyone will think you're a hooker"
"It will show the world your butthole"
"Why not go the whole hog and wear a rubber suit and mask?"

(Not in those exact words but that's the idea)

There is also a current thread from someone complaining the word "frumpy" is sexist as we don't call men frumpy. And asking others to stop making fun of Boden. Not sure if also a troll but hey, Boden sells clothes for men, feel free to make fun of men who buy it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
On a thread about Meat Loaf's death, someone said he was very young to die and others jumped in with "74 is OLD" and "ugh, what's wrong with people, always wanting to live forever." I mean, yes, he died at an average age (and might have lived longer if not for health problems) but typical MN wants everyone to be prematurely middle-aged/old

Reactions: 10
View attachment 1004215View attachment 1004217

Some of the responses are reasonable: "if you really like it wear it" or "would you consider a tight pencil skirt that wasn't from a sex shop?" But this being MN there's a lot less ... gentle comments:

"Everyone will think you're a hooker"
"It will show the world your butthole"
"Why not go the whole hog and wear a rubber suit and mask?"

(Not in those exact words but that's the idea)

There is also a current thread from someone complaining the word "frumpy" is sexist as we don't call men frumpy. And asking others to stop making fun of Boden. Not sure if also a troll but hey, Boden sells clothes for men, feel free to make fun of men who buy it
That
Is
A
Man

No woman describes her style as “feminine ditsy”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
You're probably right, I was thinking "ditsy" in terms of the kind of prints that are often described that way ... not my brightest moment! But MN responses still priceless
I don’t blame you for taking things at face value, why wouldn’t you? But that’s 100% a man wanking over the Lovehoney website 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.