Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's having a dishwasher fitted in the new family room for toilet seats and brushes only

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They are all pretty weird really... it used to be fun/amusing in places and there are some good people on some threads, but AIBU is a cess pit with no exit (is there an exit from a cess pit? I have no idea!) But the aggression is quite scary at times, at least on here - although Tattle is also described as a cess pit in the media - people seem to be able to agree to disagree for the most part.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They are all pretty weird really... it used to be fun/amusing in places and there are some good people on some threads, but AIBU is a cess pit with no exit (is there an exit from a cess pit? I have no idea!) But the aggression is quite scary at times, at least on here - although Tattle is also described as a cess pit in the media - people seem to be able to agree to disagree for the most part.
Tattle is always described as a cesspit on MN too, which is ironic given the pile ons that happen on there. I think it helps on Tattle that you can’t name change, so you can’t come and witch plop on a thread and then change your name.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Weird post anyway but the comments are true mumsnet style.

A race to declare they all live rurally, drive 60 miles plus each day in rural conditions and have the filthiest cars.

But all the number plates and headlights are sparkling!

Yet if a bloke was to post this or a woman to post this scenario about her husband, he would be financially abusive?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The Slimming World owl 🦉noises thread was crazy and probably untrue. I don’t know anyone who would do this in real life.

There was another thread last week where someone’s husband was meant to be ordering a takeaway pizza and came back with the Pizza Express pizzas that you get in Tesco because he didn’t want to spend ££ on a takeout and someone wrote a comment along the lines of Domino’s was horribly greasy and she would have happily preferred the pizzas the husband bought. Sadly it was deleted before I could read further.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The owl noises thread was 💯 % a troll thread. They'll make normal posts with something weird in the middle to try to make it to classics, like that snapped an farted thread. So painfully transparent.

Reactions: 10
The Slimming World owl 🦉noises thread was crazy and probably untrue. I don’t know anyone who would do this in real life.

There was another thread last week where someone’s husband was meant to be ordering a takeaway pizza and came back with the Pizza Express pizzas that you get in Tesco because he didn’t want to spend ££ on a takeout and someone wrote a comment along the lines of Domino’s was horribly greasy and she would have happily preferred the pizzas the husband bought. Sadly it was deleted before I could read further.
That post was actually really sad because they had promised their son it as a treat (I think after a rubbish time) and he had been that disappointed that he spent his own Xmas money buying himself and his little sister one because she had been so disappointed aswell. Husband sounded like an absolute miser letting down promises to his kids and all some people were bothered about was which pizza was a bigger waste of money.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I read that pizza thread but it was deleted with the message that the poster had been banned previously so probably a troll

Reactions: 2
That post was actually really sad because they had promised their son it as a treat (I think after a rubbish time) and he had been that disappointed that he spent his own Xmas money buying himself and his little sister one because she had been so disappointed aswell. Husband sounded like an absolute miser letting down promises to his kids and all some people were bothered about was which pizza was a bigger waste of money.
I did feel sorry for the children, they must have been so looking forward to a treat and to have a supermarket pizza which you can have any time isn’t the same thing at all ☹. The husband was tighter than a Duck’s arse in my opinion. I don’t think meanness is a very nice trait at all.

Reactions: 4
I was just perusing another forum where they troll hunt and they clearly have been attempting to message suspected trolls. Then giving examples of what they received in response.
If you troll hunters are reading here (and I suspect you are because you are way too over invested). I suggest you interact with real people because crumbs does not give a damn that you are sniffing around trying to catch her out.

I am not crumbs and I am not LeTwat.

When you know you are a bit of a saddo…

Maybe she is under a new account and trying to lay low but I'm quite sure she is banned under her yellowflowers/fruitdessert accounts.

One thing that points to that is when you try to PM a banned account you get this reply:

Sorry. We can't deliver your PM, as this user: (username) is currently unable to receive PMs.
Whereas if you PM an account that has PMs blocked but is still active you get this:

Sorry. We can't deliver your PM, as this user: (username) has chosen not to receive PMs.'
When PMing yellowflowers you get the first reply, which indicates she is banned, right?

When you realise that you need to take up an adult education calligraphy class instead of troll hunting…

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Tattle is always described as a cesspit on MN too, which is ironic given the pile ons that happen on there. I think it helps on Tattle that you can’t name change, so you can’t come and witch plop on a thread and then change your name.
MN could lessen their workload and cut the staff by half if they dropped the ability to name change (other than MN I have never seen the ability to do that and it’s ridiculous on a site that big) but they never will because they KNOW that that what keeps the traffic coming with the crazy and ridiculous troll threads hoping they will go viral.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.