Mumsnet #28 Six figure job but dress sense heinous, here's a picture of my anus.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My most traumatic Xmas memory was getting the my little pony castle I wanted, but being really poorly and sat waiting for the emergency dr to come out ( yes I'm that old).
I wanted to play with it so badly but kept shitting myself.
---
I’m still waiting for a Mr Frosty. 😢
Infact actually having a Mr Frosty for half an hour and getting it confiscated when my mum saw the blades actually beats shitting myself whilst playing with the My Little Pony Castle

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m still waiting for a Mr Frosty. 😢
Can confirm that Mr Frosty was very disappointing. Really hard to turn and didn't crush the ice properly.
My auntie reminded me the other day that I had a gymnastics set and fitness tape in the 80s called 'Get in shape girl'. Wonder why we have such a negative body image today.

Reactions: 13
Can confirm that Mr Frosty was very disappointing. Really hard to turn and didn't crush the ice properly.
My auntie reminded me the other day that I had a gymnastics set and fitness tape in the 80s called 'Get in shape girl'. Wonder why we have such a negative body image today.
Oh God, memory unlocked. I had those and you’ve just reminded me of the song that was on every cassette - ‘get in shape, girl, and you’ll love the feeeeeeling!’ I swear the reason I rarely exercise is because I can’t do it without legwarmers and pastel bangle weights.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Nothing can beat the disapointment of the Evel Knievel Stunt Bike. It flips, it speeds, it jumps off slopes.
no it doesn't’.
after minutes of frantic cranking it teeters and falls over.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think I had that 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone responded with “well at least you have a dad” yet?
My dad would love to be critically ill but he’s DEAD. How narcissistic is she to talk about her dad when we don’t all have a dad. Also does she know some people would LOVE to be in hospital but they’re POOR, so they just DIE in the STREET.

(Why do they all fight over who has the worst possible life. Spoiler alert, it’s none of them)
---
This is copied from an AIBU thread I haven’t edited it at all.

A new neighbour has recently moved into the flat below me. He's about 35. I've noticed that he literally coughs every few mins and unfortunately I can hear it. I was hoping it would be a cold or flu thing he has and that it would eventually stop but it's been like this for a couple weeks.
I will be reading quietly in my bedroom and all of a sudden get startled by his coughing. I'm finding it really triggering and it's irritating me .
It's a really awkward one as coughing is involuntary but that doesn't make it any less annoying for me.
I can't move as I have another year left on my lease. I've bought noise cancelling ear plugs from Amazon.
Would it be really bad if next time I get talking to him ,I asked if he is ok, as I notice he has been coughing quite a lot? Hoping that this will maybe make him try and be a bit quieter or something.
Or do I just learn to live with this.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
They dont even take a day off from being utter cunts at Christmas. Imagine asking someone to cough quietly as they are disturbing you.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My most traumatic Xmas memory was getting the my little pony castle I wanted, but being really poorly and sat waiting for the emergency dr to come out ( yes I'm that old).
I wanted to play with it so badly but kept shitting myself.
---

Infact actually having a Mr Frosty for half an hour and getting it confiscated when my mum saw the blades actually beats shitting myself whilst playing with the My Little Pony Castle
Mine was getting a huge silver cross dolls pram. I felt ill but walked in the snow with my little pram anyway. Got back and it was obvious quite quickly something was amiss.
An ambulance was called and I was finally released from hospital around the middle of January. Apparently I’d had some serious lung infection. The worst part of it all was I’d been kept in isolation in this room with a glass window with mum on the other side and nobody allowed in etc. it was about 1980 ish. Most miserable Christmas ever that was.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My most traumatic Christmas memory is my poor mum having a massive meltdown and ripping all the Christmas tree decorations down including pushing the tree over. It was on a wonk forever after that and when I moved out they gave it to me and it acted as some darkly humerous reminder of Christmas' past until I bought a new one.

I'm not sure if that was the same year I found all the Christmas presents hidden in the wardrobe or not but I definitely didn't tell her I'd found them so Christmas smash gate was not directly my fault 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.