Mumsnet #28 Six figure job but dress sense heinous, here's a picture of my anus.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title again by the genius @ShopTilYouSlop šŸ‘

If you have to ask what the thread title means, think yourself lucky that you didn't have to see it in all its glory

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Have they caught onto Paris Hilton not changing her son's nappy herself yet? I am on tenterhooks waiting for the unhinged reactions :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I got there and people talking about magic circle, big six, academia, milk rounds, and I had not a clue. Hell i didnā€™t even know you could do subjects beyond the normal English, maths, biology etc. I didnā€™t even know why lecturers were ā€œdrā€ when they taught English.

different world.
Just wanted to quote @notanotherusername92 from the last thread.

I still donā€™t know what magic circle, big six, milk rounds etc are!

I grew up working class and was the first in my family to go to university. I truly had no idea about which universities were worth applying for, until my A level English teacher recommended I avoid ex-Polytechnics šŸ˜… And thatā€™s no shade to ex-Polys because I think things have changed a lot since then (nearly 25 years ago); I just honestly didnā€™t have much of a clue about different universities and courses having very different levels of prestige, beyond the obvious big hitters. My parents couldnā€™t help me because they didnā€™t have a clue. I did everything myself.

So when I see Mumsnetters going into forensic detail about not just which universities have the most clout, but which individual courses are the most highly regarded, fretting about leaverā€™s destinations and careersā€¦ it honestly blows my mind that they stage manage their childrenā€™s lives so much. Were pushy middle class parents always like this? Or has the internet created something that couldnā€™t have existed before?

Reactions: 20
I think this has to be the most normal I've ever seen her look. The Grim Reaper is back though
mumsnet.jpg

---
I don't really have any words for this onešŸ¤« what's with the hair? Just lift your phone higher if you want to cover your face
1701858024575.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Anyone read 'to do this potentially dangerous activity' in aibu? It's now turning into a multiple thread drama. I'm not sure whether it's a troll, someone really bored or actually real. Very weird thing to make up, but also a very weird thing to actually happen

Reactions: 3
Anyone read 'to do this potentially dangerous activity' in aibu? It's now turning into a multiple thread drama. I'm not sure whether it's a troll, someone really bored or actually real. Very weird thing to make up, but also a very weird thing to actually happen
Sounds like a load of old toss to me and a pretty boring thing to do. Any normal person would have hoyed that memory stick in the bin

Reactions: 4
I think this has to be the most normal I've ever seen her look. The Grim Reaper is back though
View attachment 2613173
---
I don't really have any words for this onešŸ¤« what's with the hair? Just lift your phone higher if you want to cover your face
View attachment 2613180

Male pattern balding/alopecia, I think. Unclear (and irrelevant, really) whether the poster is male or female, it's likely to be pretty tit for their self image when they want to have long hair. Have no real opinion on the clothes, they fit, they're clean, the jumper could do with a gentle steam to take the creases out - but that plastic wallcovering. God, that's foul.

Not as foul as that duvet looks to be in the other photo, though - it looks like it's yellow-brown stained and the mattress might match. Put a clean, preferably white, base sheet and duvet cover on before taking photos!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
View attachment 2613173
---
View attachment 2613180
Wow, thatā€™s the nicest Charity Shop Girl has ever looked. She doesnā€™t look like sheā€™s teleported in from 2006. It probably helps that itā€™s a dress - clashing separates seems to be her problem.

As for the woman with the rippled tilesā€¦ well that looks like something my Nan would have worn to slob around the house. Maybe she is a Nan and maybe sheā€™s slobbing around the house? But whhhy take a photo of yourself in a crumpled jumper and slacks?

I understand that people get lonely and bored and just want to be a part of that thread, but I would never dare post a selfie when I looked so drab šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 11
Wow, thatā€™s the nicest Charity Shop Girl has ever looked. She doesnā€™t look like sheā€™s teleported in from 2006. It probably helps that itā€™s a dress - clashing separates seems to be her problem.

As for the woman with the rippled tilesā€¦ well that looks like something my Nan would have worn to slob around the house. Maybe she is a Nan and maybe sheā€™s slobbing around the house? But whhhy take a photo of yourself in a crumpled jumper and slacks?

I understand that people get lonely and bored and just want to be a part of that thread, but I would never dare post a selfie when I looked so drab šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
She does look nice. Sheā€™s actually got a lovely figure and she clearly loves clothes, but the way she puts some of her outfits together is baffling.

Reactions: 11
I've been wondering about that one. I think I actually believe it. But even if the poster has made it up, I admit I'm intrigued. Someone, whoever it is, has a story set out so I'd like to see where it goes.

Reactions: 2
The memory stick thread is made up for entertainment. I think itā€™s someone trying out a storyline for a book and seeing if itā€™s interesting enough.

Reactions: 3
That USB thread is giving ā€˜BTEC Dear Davidā€™ šŸ„± now that was a wild ride, the good old days of Twitter
---

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.