Mumsnet #28 Six figure job but dress sense heinous, here's a picture of my anus.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one happy thread about a possible proposal is even getting turned into misery by people saying they’d hate it happening to them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The one happy thread about a possible proposal is even getting turned into misery by people saying they’d hate it happening to them 😂
That's only because someone explained to them that it's a social media trend, so the performative non-performativeness has been activated. She'll need to prove their love by having the wedding in an abattoir with a bin bag wedding dress and nettles for canapés.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What a dark cloud MN has cast over Xmas.
They are desperate to outdo each other with tales of crisis and petty tit.
They've ramped it up a gear this year.
And what an absolute fanny that man is crying with his turkey baster.
Aw, I did feel a bit sorry for him being made to feel uncomfortable in his own house on Xmas day when he'd gone to a lot of effort!

Reactions: 1
I can’t wait to get into bed tonight and read mumsnet, it’s like a Christmas Day tradition for me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I would be ecstatic if the in-laws didn't get me anything, MIL has presented me with some shockers throughout the years! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The perfect new thread title....
Sobbing at the stove with a turkey baster and other MN ding dongs not so merrily.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There's a poster who is apparently a vegan, all annoyed that her husband gave her pearls for Christmas.
I'm sitting on my hands desperately trying not to reply about how a lot of women would be pleased to receive a pearl necklace at any time of the year 😉
Must resist...must resist.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Mumsnet should seriously consider rebranding to Miserynet. It's a magnet for moaners!

At least Tattlers have a sense of humour!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Has anyone else decided that Mumsnet is bad for their mental health? I think ditching it will be my 2024 resolution.

There’s just so much moaning about inconsequential tit and it’s become really draining to read. I used to find it really good when I was going through infertility and the newborn phase but it’s just one big moanfest now about who has it worse.

• Heart
Has anyone else decided that Mumsnet is bad for their mental health? I think ditching it will be my 2024 resolution.

There’s just so much moaning about inconsequential tit and it’s become really draining to read. I used to find it really good when I was going through infertility and the newborn phase but it’s just one big moanfest now about who has it worse.
I don’t know why they’re all so desperate to have the worst life ever. Like oh I got a tit present, I didn’t get any presents, well I didn’t get any presents and I have genital herpes 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t know why they’re all so desperate to have the worst life ever. Like oh I got a tit present, I didn’t get any presents, well I didn’t get any presents and I have genital herpes 👀
Don’t forget every family member and friend I have ever had is DEAD. They’d love to be alive with no presents and genital herpes 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Don’t forget every family member and friend I have ever had is DEAD. They’d love to be alive with no presents and genital herpes 🤦‍♀️
I’m sure some of them would be having the best day of their lives if they were dying of genital herpes. They’d get a three part thread out of that and there would definitely be photos of their correctly medically named area (I don’t know where genital herpes live).
---
Copied from a current AIBU thread - obviously the DD should think herself lucky she turned 18 in November and wasn’t kicked out immediately but has until July to have a home…

I have a DD who turned 18 in November, as well as 4 older children in their 30s. Due a family feud, they live in Wales where we are from while I live in NI with DD.

I am planning on moving back to Wales to be with the 4 older children, one of which now has a child therefore I want to be there to watch her grow up. DD isn’t too happy about it, as it means she has to find a place of her own by next July, as well as furnish it on her own as I am taking all my furniture. She says it is impossible to do so as she cannot afford a deposit for a rental, however she hasn’t thought about a job. DD wants to stay in NI as her father is from here, however she cannot live with him as his home has no space.

She hates my older children and continuously tells me I am unfair as I according to her, spend more time calling them then I do talking to her, and that I show no interest in her.

She seems to have it in her head now that she is going to marry young now, likely to move in with the man. Once I am back in Wales, she has said it will be unlikely she remains in contact with me which I think is cruel, and based of things she has said over time, I think she may change her name so I can’t find her.

I have told her she needs to be more independent, however she still says I am being harsh for giving her until July to find a place of her own. AIBU?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.