Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is it. We all look younger now because we don't chop our hair and change our clothes to the most ageing, frumpy things as soon as we hit 30 or have a child. And of course, lifestyle changed as you say. So what I think these people all mean is that they look younger than someone of their age would have looked in the past, but they look exactly like a person that age looks now.

And you may not "feel" your age but you certainly should feel different to when you were younger. What did Mohammed Ali say? "A man who is the same person at 50 as he was at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
---

Definitely not...Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana. But there are some particular short styles that were what women over 30 felt they had to get in the past...you know the ones we mean! Not cute pixie cuts or flirty bobs!
A perm and then a shampoo and set every week.
i think it’s a lot of things … money was very, very tight, women at most had ‘a little job’ and there just wasn’t the choice. As a child of the 60/70’s I can remember going to buy a dress from an actual shop (C&Aj that was the first thing I had that hadn’t been through at least one cousin. It was worn on high days and holidays, it wasn’t to be played out in and only food that wouldn’t mark was allowed to be eaten. I loved that dress (it went to the next cousin down after me). Clothes were mended and repaired, jumpers were knitted and when grown out of pulled down and knitted up again (I had a Swap Shop stripey tank top that was from various ball ends) shoes had segs at the toes and heels (tap dancing on lino was not approved of), plimsoles were blanco’d for a new lease of life.
And for housewives, everything took so much longer … washing was a 2 day affair at leas.

(Although one of my grans thought the other was barely one step from a hussy because she wore lipstick. In the house. When she wasn’t going out).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This magic circle/big 6 tit to me is what separates the privileged.

my mum has a friend whose granddaughter is applying to uni and is outraged that as a rich, privately school educated child she’s not given the grade leeway that *cough* state school kids get.

I remember “uni” being the end goal for my parents. What you did once you got there, no clue. You went to uni, got a great job afterwards and were set for life.

I got there and people talking about magic circle, big six, academia, milk rounds, and I had not a clue. Hell i didn’t even know you could do subjects beyond the normal English, maths, biology etc. I didn’t even know why lecturers were “dr” when they taught English.

different world.

Reactions: 9
The mumsnetters would definitely reject me, I had to google what else Magic Circle meant as I was thinking Paul Daniels :ROFLMAO:

I think I look younger than my own mother did at the same age but equally think my mum now looks younger than my gran did at that age so I think it is a combination of lifestyle (my gran worked but as a seamstress then in a shop), my mum always did office type work and that people don't suddenly change fashion style once they're over 30 and again over 50 anymore. My mum definitely wouldn't wear the coordinating blouse and pleated skirt combo (cardigan on top in winter) usually with a tabbard over the top when doing housework that my gran lived in, my mother even wears trainers and has yet to be tempted into a perm :ROFLMAO: she's only a couple of years younger than my gran was when she died but hasn't yet become the little old lady I saw my gran as...I hope we have years before that.

Reactions: 7
Hi fellow Mumsnet stalkers, I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now and just had to come and check that someone else had seen baby Placebo or if that was some sort of crazy fever dream I had last night!

There is a ridiculous Bridezilla thread on there at the moment, no way in hell is any of it real.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I thought magic circle was a crochet term.

The bridezilla one must be fake as no one can be that batshit.

Reactions: 5
Hi fellow Mumsnet stalkers, I've been lurking on this thread for a few weeks now and just had to come and check that someone else had seen baby Placebo or if that was some sort of crazy fever dream I had last night!

There is a ridiculous Bridezilla thread on there at the moment, no way in hell is any of it real.
Yeah OP has posted once, disappeared and let them work themselves up into a frenzy.
I doubt she will return

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I thought magic circle was a crochet term.

The bridezilla one must be fake as no one can be that batshit.
The bridezilla one is absolute bollocks. The OP has posted once. Meanwhile Mumsnetters are falling over each other to tell her what to do. As if any bride would expect the matron of honour to wear a No Alcohol sash :D My alcoholic uncle (in recovery) came to my wedding and I didn't make him wear a sash. He didn't drink either, I was proud of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's a horrible thing to say but sometimes I hope these bragging parents with their super high achieving academic children get their comeuppance at some point. Like the kids with 12 a* A levels deciding not to go to Oxford, but to go and live on a beach somewhere and teach scuba diving, or preferring to train as an electrician rather than an accountant.

One of the guys in my year did exactly that and he was one of those predicted to fly through uni and get the Nobel prize or whatever. He had the most stuck up mothers you can imagine and an absent "I have a business" father. Guy dropped out of school about 3 months before graduation, fucked off to a beach to do surfing lessons. Saw his mother, she aged about 20 years in a week 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
One of the guys in my year did exactly that and he was one of those predicted to fly through uni and get the Nobel prize or whatever. He had the most stuck up mothers you can imagine and an absent "I have a business" father. Guy dropped out of school about 3 months before graduation, fucked off to a beach to do surfing lessons. Saw his mother, she aged about 20 years in a week 😂
Good for him. My cousin was the same, dropped out of a prestigious university after a year and went travelling, he now lives in South East Asia, teaching adventure sports. Auntie has never forgiven him, he was going to be something big in the banking world. Now he teaches kids how to abseil down mountains, is married to a lass from Hong Kong and is as happy as a clam. His dad is delighted and has also learned to abseil down mountains, but mum stays in Dubai when he goes to visit.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I fear it's getting to that as I had to cancel my last appointment :ROFLMAO:
Get the kitchen scissors and give yourself the Mumsnet hair cut NOW! You tie your hair in a topknot then cut it off in a straight line. You will look like you have recently been released from a high security prison but you won't look like Princess Di.

• Haha
SOMEONE HAS POSTED A PICTURE OF THEIR hole
---
Get the kitchen scissors and give yourself the Mumsnet hair cut NOW! You tie your hair in a topknot then cut it off in a straight line. You will look like you have recently been released from a high security prison but you won't look like Princess Di.
I shall report back with details on how this goes.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Why would anyone waste time posting a photo of their rectal prolapse and a blood stained toilet bowl, instead of heading straight for A&E? How did she even take the arse shot?

• Haha
  • Wow
I am traumatised, it wasn't hidden behind a censor. It was just there in all it's hole glory!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I saw a thread in site stuff asking for photos like that to be banned and nearly all of the replies were in favour of allowing gross vag and anus photos. There’s something wrong with them.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.