Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title based on @ShopTilYouSlop suggestion. Have a handhold

Recently we've learnt -

That you should never enjoy anything because of people in refugee camps
Fanny wafts are a real concern if mumsnetters venture out into the wild
If your child is struggling to make friends then you should get them playing an orchestral instrument in a local conservatoire as quickly as possible
If you eat more than 2 fish fingers then kindly you are really greedy

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Mumsnetters have found a new thing to worry about and hide behind the sofa for - random chocolate deliveries. I would be well chuffed if that turned up at my door. But then I am a big fat fatty so maybe my opinion isn't the best

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Mumsnetters have found a new thing to worry about and hide behind the sofa for - random chocolate deliveries. I would be well chuffed if that turned up at my door. But then I am a big fat fatty so maybe my opinion isn't the best

Funnily enough I was looking at a poster for that the other day and wishing Pizza Hut would get on the same wagon, and that someone would send me one 😋

But leave it to MN to suck the joy out of an innocent wish to brighten someone's day.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh but darling, 'Cadbury'? How VERY working class. Can you imagine the neighbours seeing anything other than La Maison du Chocolat directly from Paris? Hideous.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
MN food threads just make me feel hungry every time!!
But also... how common that you have neighbours close enough that they can SEE you getting deliveries??

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Acting like it's crack cocaine.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Please please read the thread in AIBU called "To not plate my 10 year old's pizza?" There's over 300 replies, I can't read beyond the first place cos I am convinced they are all ALIENS!! Why are they like this?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The how do you cope with workmen in the house thread is turning out exactly as you'd expect.
Surely you just let them in and make sure there's a steady supply of tea and biscuits?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
didn't take long did it?

View attachment 2576856
There was a thread yesterday about Hotel Chocolat being bought out by Mars, they were falling over themselves to say how horrible Hotel Chocolat is (inedible apparently) and how they only ate handmade truffles where the cacao is ground between an artisan's finger and thumb and mixed with a unicorn's tears. Twats.

I have a stash of Hotel Chocolat's finest in the bottom of a cupboard waiting for Christmas (or until I can no longer resist whichever comes first).

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.