Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"You do you" has to be one of the most irritating phrases they use. "You're ok with murdering your elderly mother, shagging your husband's brother, kicking the cat and eating carbs? Not for me OP, but you do you". duck OFF!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
This is really random but every so often I remember the thread in which mumsnetters confessed that instead of walking up the stairs at home using their legs, they would crawl on all fours for some "fun"...lots of them admitted to it. Even my nephew who is 18 months walks up the stairs. How is crawling like a cat fun? I find it equally funny and yet disturbing....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ok everyone, stop talking about everything, people are dying. I bet people of Gaza and Ukraine are pissed off that it is now people dying all over the world now and not just them used to try to shut down others on MN.
From the Bradley Walsh sexism in the the chase thread

Untitled2.png

I'm going to write to all the tv companies and tell them to stop putting on entertainment as people are DYING FFS!
I am also going to use this shut down everyone who talks to me. When the postie hands me my parcels and says "hmmm raining again eh?" I shall scream in his face PEOPLE ARE DYING YOU INSENSITIVE SHITBAG. I BET THOSE DEADO'S WOULD LOVE TO FEEL THE RAIN IN THEIR FACES! and shut the door feeling smug.

• Haha
Fell into a Mumsnet hole whilst simply trying to read people's experiences of first time labour (joy) and Jesus bleeping wept what is wrong with them all?

It's all either "this is insensitive because my mums friends cousins dogs flea had tuberculosis and would have loved to have Christmas with his in laws." or "you're an alcoholic" or "Ambulance. Now." or "my 2 year old, Antidisestablishmentarianism, has just cured cancer. AIBU to be jealous?"

Genuinely think there needs to be some sort of mass therapy doled out to half the posters.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ok everyone, stop talking about everything, people are dying. I bet people of Gaza and Ukraine are pissed off that it is now people dying all over the world now and not just them used to try to shut down others on MN.
From the Bradley Walsh sexism in the the chase thread

View attachment 2611119

I'm going to write to all the tv companies and tell them to stop putting on entertainment as people are DYING FFS!
I am also going to use this shut down everyone who talks to me. When the postie hands me my parcels and says "hmmm raining again eh?" I shall scream in his face PEOPLE ARE DYING YOU INSENSITIVE SHITBAG. I BET THOSE DEADO'S WOULD LOVE TO FEEL THE RAIN IN THEIR FACES! and shut the door feeling smug.
You open the door to the Postman? 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Glad to see someone has actually mentioned The Split for legal fashion inspiration. Not that, so far as we know, the OP works in law.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I try to stay away from mumsnet now, but sometimes my brain clearly thinks I’m in too much of a good mood and I get tempted to have a look! I’ve just seen a post in aibu saying that hearing about other peoples high achieving children gets her down and asks ‘does anyone else feel this way?’ It would be nice to hear some empathy, she has received some, but then one poster pipes up ‘no because my dd is genuinely academic and went to a good school and worked very hard but it’s not something I broadcast’…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I try to stay away from mumsnet now, but sometimes my brain clearly thinks I’m in too much of a good mood and I get tempted to have a look! I’ve just seen a post in aibu saying that hearing about other peoples high achieving children gets her down and asks ‘does anyone else feel this way?’ It would be nice to hear some empathy, she has received some, but then one poster pipes up ‘no because my dd is genuinely academic and went to a good school and worked very hard but it’s not something I broadcast’…
It's a horrible thing to say but sometimes I hope these bragging parents with their super high achieving academic children get their comeuppance at some point. Like the kids with 12 a* A levels deciding not to go to Oxford, but to go and live on a beach somewhere and teach scuba diving, or preferring to train as an electrician rather than an accountant.

• Heart
  • Haha
It's a horrible thing to say but sometimes I hope these bragging parents with their super high achieving academic children get their comeuppance at some point. Like the kids with 12 a* A levels deciding not to go to Oxford, but to go and live on a beach somewhere and teach scuba diving, or preferring to train as an electrician rather than an accountant.
They often do. Very high achievers at school are prone to early burnout and not coping in a less structured environment where it's not quite so clear cut what you're supposed to do.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.