Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say I'm enjoying the 'Most unsettling thing your toddler said' thread.

Mr Demon made a door into my room"

Our builder is called Damon.

😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thread in legal matters where OP is complaining their tenants leave a bike in the communal hallway and won’t move it. Second response :

‘Is it cultural?’

IS IT CULTURAL?!! 😂😂😂😂 I’m dead and it’s the laugh I needed today

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Thread in legal matters where OP is complaining their tenants leave a bike in the communal hallway and won’t move it. Second response :

‘Is it cultural?’

A subtle way of asking if the tenants are foreign, possibly even not white. Racist twats, the lot of them.

Reactions: 17

‘Is it cultural?’

Surely everyone knows that Johnny Foreigners are well known for leaving their bicycles wherever they bloody like.
I’m surprised no one told the OP to stop being such an insensitive grasping bastard of a landlord and confidently stated that the tenants had obviously developed early onset dementia and had clearly forgotten where their bike was.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They often do. Very high achievers at school are prone to early burnout and not coping in a less structured environment where it's not quite so clear cut what you're supposed to do.
Add in a pushy, bragging parent and it's a
definite recipe for burnout 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Surely everyone knows that Johnny Foreigners are well known for leaving their bicycles wherever they bloody like.
I’m surprised no one told the OP to stop being such an insensitive grasping bastard of a landlord and confidently stated that the tenants had obviously developed early onset dementia and had clearly forgotten where their bike was.
Well if they are leaving bicycles about, then they are clearly Dutch and we all know what the Dutch are like, with their laid back demeanor, cycling near canals, weed cafes and prostitutes. The place will be a drugs and sex den within weeks and the landlord is quite right to be concerned. Don't these tenants know people are dying?????

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Why are they so obsessed with looking younger or older than their ages? It’s something I’ve never come across anywhere else on the net. I mean up until about five years ago I was still getting ID’s for alcohol, but I don’t think I look years younger than I am.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why are they so obsessed with looking younger or older than their ages? It’s something I’ve never come across anywhere else on the net. I mean up until about five years ago I was still getting ID’s for alcohol, but I don’t think I look years younger than I am.
You were buying alcohol? I only sniff the cork of a wine bottle and its more than enough. Also so many calories in wine.
(Head tilt)
I get told I look about 15 years younger than I am. It makes no difference to me when I look in the mirror. Also I use lip balm so no dry lips for me 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m fat, but it means I look younger apparently.

Not sure how MN copes with all that. What do they say - as you age you choose your face or your arse?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So many of them claim they‘re always getting told they look about ten years younger than they are and that they and their teenage daughters could pass for sisters, but unless they were teen mums themselves it’s highly unlikely and just pure delusion

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is really random but every so often I remember the thread in which mumsnetters confessed that instead of walking up the stairs at home using their legs, they would crawl on all fours for some "fun"...lots of them admitted to it. Even my nephew who is 18 months walks up the stairs. How is crawling like a cat fun? I find it equally funny and yet disturbing....
Tbf I had to crawl upstairs like that when I had my broken ankle. As I couldn't weight-bear and couldn't hop up the stairs. My 7yo found it highly amusing. I didn't.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I think women in general look more youthful for longer now. Probably a combination of lifestyle changes and better skin care etc. It used to be a case of once you hit thirty you had your hair cut into a frumpy short style and started wearing dowdy, beige clothes but thankfully those days are long gone. I don’t believe anyone looks as young as they think they do though

Reactions: 11
Add in a pushy, bragging parent and it's a
definite recipe for burnout 😔
I’d be happy for my son to live on a beach somewhere if that’s what he wants but his great ambition is to breed dinosaurs so I’m going to have to be a pushy parent to make that happen. He’s 3 so his ambitions might change.

• Haha
  • Heart
I think women in general look more youthful for longer now. Probably a combination of lifestyle changes and better skin care etc. It used to be a case of once you hit thirty you had your hair cut into a frumpy short style and started wearing dowdy, beige clothes but thankfully those days are long gone. I don’t believe anyone looks as young as they think they do though
My short hair is frumpy? 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I was a child prodigy. I’m currently horizontal on the couch because I had too many quality street after lunch and I’ve come over a bit funny.

Take that magic circle brigade.

• Haha
  • Heart

‘Is it cultural?’

Maybe they're from Beijing. There are 9 million of the fuckers there apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I think this is it. We all look younger now because we don't chop our hair and change our clothes to the most ageing, frumpy things as soon as we hit 30 or have a child. And of course, lifestyle changed as you say. So what I think these people all mean is that they look younger than someone of their age would have looked in the past, but they look exactly like a person that age looks now.

And you may not "feel" your age but you certainly should feel different to when you were younger. What did Mohammed Ali say? "A man who is the same person at 50 as he was at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
---
My short hair is frumpy? 😭
Definitely not...Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana. But there are some particular short styles that were what women over 30 felt they had to get in the past...you know the ones we mean! Not cute pixie cuts or flirty bobs!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.