Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OP was out walking her dog. She was seen by her husbands colleague who took a photo and sent it to the husband with a joke about her weight. I totally agree this is unacceptable, bullying and just awful.

But had to stop reading when someone told her to log it with the police as a hate crime. As someone who worked as police staff, I really can't imagine this going anywhere.
FFS! šŸ˜… Unless being a prick is a criminal offence I donā€™t think the police would be interested.

Thereā€™s a long and very boring thread about a woman whose friend started a rumour that she was shagging her boss. The sheer numbers of people who said she should tell the police, either for a hate crime or to report libel/slander (I can never remember which is which) was staggering. Plus all the usual ham fisted attempts at composing a message on the OPā€™s behalf!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
FFS! šŸ˜… Unless being a prick is a criminal offence I donā€™t think the police would be interested.

Thereā€™s a long and very boring thread about a woman whose friend started a rumour that she was shagging her boss. The sheer numbers of people who said she should tell the police, either for a hate crime or to report libel/slander (I can never remember which is which) was staggering. Plus all the usual ham fisted attempts at composing a message on the OPā€™s behalf!
I was reading this one last night, is there an update yet!?

Op wanted to know if people like her perfectly nice dress to a weddingā€¦
someone suggested wearing a velvet jacket and satin gloves because you might get cold

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I was reading this one last night, is there an update yet!?
Yep. Her husband told his company about it today. They asked him to ask her to email in which she did and they have replied to say they are taking it seriously and will investigate.

That thread really is full of the type of people who think they are giving good advice and are in fact talking shite, about getting ā€˜her solicitorā€™ to write to the company, suing the guy for libel, telling the police etc.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
There was a thread in the feminist section about a male nursery worker at a Steiner school. OP was really against it as he could abuse her child and wasnā€™t happy that no one was backing her up. But I canā€™t find it now.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Anyone seen the ā€œOn a mini getaway and all 5 adults are miserableā€ thread?

The OP is claiming sheā€™s in France with her family but has posted a photo of her ā€œhotel roomā€ with a UK plug socket it so is obviously not in France.

The Mumsnetters are totally beside themselves and are all now quoting each other in French snorting into their drinks cause theyā€™ve sussed her out.

OP is mental. The whole thread is mental. šŸ˜…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Someone has just posted a pic of their holiday cottage in France - with a UK socket. Some mistake, surely?

Ah, cross post.

Reactions: 10
The threads I really don't understand on MN are the ones usually titled something like "Was this person rude to me?" I've seen a couple of them this last week and they just baffle me. They always seem to go along these lines...

"I was in the supermarket today, browsing the fruit and veg section and I wanted to grab some carrots so I said excuse me to a woman who was standing in front of them. She pushed me, shoved a parsnip up my arse, kicked me in the fanny and told me to get fucked. I was so shocked but I don't like confrontation, so I got my carrots and finished my shopping.

When I got in I told my DH and he said the woman was well within her rights and I was the rude one for bothering her. So was IBU to ask her to move and was she rude?"

I mean, who cares if the person was rude? You either retaliate in the moment or walk off and quietly seethe for 10 minutes then go about your day. Do you really need to go on MN to ask a load of absolute twats what they think? They'll just tell you the woman probably has mental health issues/is ND/is peri/has dementia/ grieving the death of a loved one/has PND etc. Or they'll tell you that they would have wrestled the woman to the ground, farted in her face and asked her if she was on glue/did she mean to be so rude.

duck me, they get right on my tits.
I think I just found my new favourite thread šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I was trying to get to sleep but I keep laughing at this altercation šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

SCREAMING, CRYING, NEED TO GIVE MY HEAD A WOBBLE

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Iā€™m with regional law. Itā€™s a gopping dress. Speaking as a legal expert who has watched all series of The Split, you never saw Nicola Walker wandering around in a red silk dressing gown.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I mean, my legal expertise is limited to the show Suits and even they wouldn't dress like that so šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I don't think they understand hate crimes.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.