Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was once tempted to start a thread on Mumsnet after I had the house guest from hell. She was an old uni friend and we had recently moved to a house by the sea. DH was working away (in his not 6 figure earning job) and it was me, her and my little boy for 5 looooooooooooooong days. She was the fussiest eater ever, went through every item in my fridge and freezer and deemed it inedible, wrote me a shopping list to go and buy her food she could eat (dairylea triangles, cherry tomatoes, billy bear ham, warburton's thick sliced toastie bread), washed four pairs of knickers on a hot wash for two and half hours then hung them on my washing line - she's a larger lady, we'd not long moved in, and for ages, the neighbours thought I was the owner of giant pantaloons. I had to call in many, many favours from local friends to stop me from killing her. Fortunately the pandemic arrived and she hasn't been to stay since. Every time she's suggested it, we've unfortunately been away or having the rat infestation dealt with.

I often wonder, would Mumsnetters have been sympathetic? Would they have diagnosed her as autistic with ADHD? Would I have been the bad guy?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I was once tempted to start a thread on Mumsnet after I had the house guest from hell. She was an old uni friend and we had recently moved to a house by the sea. DH was working away (in his not 6 figure earning job) and it was me, her and my little boy for 5 looooooooooooooong days. She was the fussiest eater ever, went through every item in my fridge and freezer and deemed it inedible, wrote me a shopping list to go and buy her food she could eat (dairylea triangles, cherry tomatoes, billy bear ham, warburton's thick sliced toastie bread), washed four pairs of knickers on a hot wash for two and half hours then hung them on my washing line - she's a larger lady, we'd not long moved in, and for ages, the neighbours thought I was the owner of giant pantaloons. I had to call in many, many favours from local friends to stop me from killing her. Fortunately the pandemic arrived and she hasn't been to stay since. Every time she's suggested it, we've unfortunately been away or having the rat infestation dealt with.

I often wonder, would Mumsnetters have been sympathetic? Would they have diagnosed her as autistic with ADHD? Would I have been the bad guy?
I think the pants washing clearly shows OCD as well as ARFID for the fussy eating. Given the challenges she has in life, I’m surprised that you didn’t recognise your privilege, sign over the mortgage and move out.

(No one on Mumsnet is a picky eater or simply not a fan of fish/meat/eggs/whatever. They all have sensory issues or ARFID apparently)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think the pants washing clearly shows OCD as well as ARFID for the fussy eating. Given the challenges she has in life, I’m surprised that you didn’t recognise your privilege, sign over the mortgage and move out.

(No one on Mumsnet is a picky eater or simply not a fan of fish/meat/eggs/whatever. They all have sensory issues or ARFID apparently)
She also bought 4 x 1kg bags of jelly beans from Home Bargain and sat and ate them every evening without offering me a single one. ARFID my arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Emetophobia. None of them just hate being sick like everyone else. It's emetophobia. Just like nobody's MIL is just annoying or even just an hole. They're all actual narcissists, which is definitely something a pissed off family member is qualified to diagnose.

• Heart
She also bought 4 x 1kg bags of jelly beans from Home Bargain and sat and ate them every evening without offering me a single one. ARFID my arse.
This reminds me of those reviews for sugar free gummy bears.
At least it wasn't those!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Emetophobia. None of them just hate being sick like everyone else. It's emetophobia. Just like nobody's MIL is just annoying or even just an hole. They're all actual narcissists, which is definitely something a pissed off family member is qualified to diagnose.
They all ‘projectile vomit’ too. None of them just throw up normally. Projectile vomiting is really not that usual but I suppose it ramps up the drama.

You have pants? Ukranians and Gazans don’t even have pants

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Can't remember which one of you had it on your mumsnet Christmas bingo card but we've now got 'what on earth is a christmas eve box??'
Sigh. With things like that they know they could easily Google it. They would just rather signal how much better they are than other people.

Reactions: 8
Roll up! Roll up! It's the annual how young do you look Mumsnet competition!!

does-anyone-really-look-younger-than-their-age

is the thread title and all the 45yo's who look 15 are rushing to post. Come and join in the merriment. :D :D
I think I've mentioned before that at 28 I turned up to volunteer at junior parkrun which is for 4-14 year olds and got asked if I was a junior!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
OP was out walking her dog. She was seen by her husbands colleague who took a photo and sent it to the husband with a joke about her weight. I totally agree this is unacceptable, bullying and just awful.

But had to stop reading when someone told her to log it with the police as a hate crime. As someone who worked as police staff, I really can't imagine this going anywhere.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.