Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen the laughable thread in chat entitled Future sister in law won't let me put my Christmas tree up?
Apparently the ops sis in law has told her that as the op is marrying into the family then she has to follow family traditions of when it can be put up.
Then apparently, said sis in law keeps driving past the house to ensure the op is obeying.

I'm sure it's a troll post.
If it's not then I'd be putting a massive tree up, complete with lights round the windows and a giant wavy Santa in the front garden, just to get her going!
This. Iā€™d also draw a massive cock and balls on my front wall in fake snow (because Iā€™m childish šŸ¤£)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Today on Mumsnetters go dating! Saying Hello to a match on online dating is more or less the equivalent to shitting on their dinner... Who knew that saying hello was such a turn off? Mind you being an elderly slag, if I wanted a new boyfriend/husband I just used to head to the pub wearing a low cut top and a skirt that finished an inch below my muff šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Dating is so complicated now

Untitled.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Those people ā€œin a highly paid role but do very littleā€ can do one! I work my arse off, but earn duck all. Meh.

Doesn't this usually happen to serially incompetent types who get promoted out of harm's way?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Doesn't this usually happen to serially incompetent types who get promoted out of harm's way?
It does, yes.

I'm so put off by the number of angry, pathetic men on MN right now, joining to whine and correct women. I don't want to pull the ladder up from under me, but when I get to generate codes, I'm only going to give them to people whose usernames stand up to an extensive AS over a long period of time. I'm sorry about it, but there's a real twit MRA invasion over there now (it must have got mentioned on some male rage hellhole somewhere) and if I accidentally brought one of those pricks over here, I'd never forgive myself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It does, yes.

I'm so put off by the number of angry, pathetic men on MN right now, joining to whine and correct women. I don't want to pull the ladder up from under me, but when I get to generate codes, I'm only going to give them to people whose usernames stand up to an extensive AS over a long period of time. I'm sorry about it, but there's a real twit MRA invasion over there now (it must have got mentioned on some male rage hellhole somewhere) and if I accidentally brought one of those pricks over here, I'd never forgive myself.
The twit MRA invasion has been going on for YEARS.

Men really really hate women having their own spaces, and talking to each other.

Reactions: 9
Classic MN
Absolutely grinds my gears
Naturally the first couple of posts are 60 / 70 / 80k per year earners, along with being bored of not having enough work to do.
Righto luv, you keep telling yourself that šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 5
It does, yes.

Some years ago, a friend of mine had one of her comments on The Guardian's online version chosen as one of their 'picks'. It was related to coercive control and was top of the relevant section for several days. I never told her but it was all over MRA sites and she was being called all sorts and having all sorts of vile scenarios wished on her. Not that I frequent MRA sites but a quick google of her comment showed them.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Sick
MRAs are the absolute worst. I saw a thread on Pistonheads the other day where they were discussing women being afraid to walk alone at night. One of the first few responses was ā€˜but men are more at risk of being assaultedā€˜. Yes, BY OTHER MEN, you walloper.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It does, yes.

I don't give out any joining codes. If anyone wants to join Tattle then they can bide their time and join on one of the regular open periods.
If they come on here ( and we've had a few...) to spread shite and brain- washing holier than thou woke-speak, then they'll get it - with both barrells.

• Heart
I saw that Felicityflops Xmas day outfit post and thought 'bet she brags about her income'

Did a search and yep sure enough a post bragging a few weeks ago about earning 200k

Reactions: 5
Iā€™m lost already by the adult son gone missing thread. How does he live alone but in a house share? So he doesnā€™t live alone then does he šŸ˜†

Also, OP is like, ā€˜no he doesnā€™t live far, about 50 minutes driveā€™ well hey Hereā€™s a thought why donā€™t you hop in your bleeding car and go and give him a knock? Chances are heā€™s hungover eating an egg McMuffin with a dead phone rather than been bummed into the canal and come a cropper, unfortunately for the grief thieves.

Probably not real, sheā€™s just got bored while watching Saturday Kitchen šŸ˜†
Itā€™s ok, he was found within an hour as OP emailed him. Heā€™d lost his phone/had it stolen.
I mean in my day if I was out of contact at 10am I was either hungover/id pulled. But yā€™know, Mumsnet.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
MRAs are the absolute worst. I saw a thread on Pistonheads the other day where they were discussing women being afraid to walk alone at night. One of the first few responses was ā€˜but men are more at risk of being assaultedā€˜. Yes, BY OTHER MEN, you walloper.
And when it happens, it's usually related to some sort of dispute; drugs, gang warfare and so on. It isn't because they're male and in public.

Not an excuse, of course, but not comparable to being a woman who is targeted literally for being female.

Someone buying in London and the only houses in their budget donā€™t have separate dining rooms, only small living rooms and a kitchen/diner.

the horror of having to eat in the kitchen! Do people really do that?

Maybe I should point out that if they move north they could probably afford a proper house with a dining room like civilised people. These Londoners practically living like staff..

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There's a thread about Christmas Eve and it's full of "hot choc" baking gingerbread and visiting NT properties, brisk walks and going to church.

Where do these people live? The 1950s?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Any sign of Crumbs or one of her socks yet? She normally canā€™t resist the Christmas bragging threads

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm actually really looking forward to all the "Christmas is ruined, sobbing and shaking" threads that are coming on Christmas Day. I intend to abandon the kids to the husband and in laws, disappear upstairs after Christmas lunch with some mulled wine and read them all in bed.

(Obviously not when something truly terrible has happened, but you know what 95% of those threads will be like.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I love the angst they have about Christmas Eve boxes and they are far from new. My dad Used to tell me how heā€™d be given new pjs on Christmas eve and he was born in 1936.
I remember late seventies Iā€™d be given a little Santa sack With a new nightshirt, bottle of matey and a book. Iā€™d have a bath, put on my new nightie and go to bed with my book.
Its hardly a new thing, they just made the boxes fancier šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.