Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s “snacking” that does it for me. People banging on about snacks and the act of consuming them. I recognise it’s probably just me though 🤣
I hate the word snack. Or people talking about grabbing a bite. Or munching their massive salad. Just bleeping eat FFS. I am very working class though.

Oh and Ms/Mr Moderator, I am guilty of having doled out 4 tattle codes to Mumsnetters, but I subjected them to a rigorous interview process beforehand, and they are all behaving themselves, I know their usernames and they are not causing havoc on the boards. I shan't give away anymore though.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm grateful for my (fairly recent) code, such a refreshing change to read level headed, interesting or funny stuff without becoming enraged by the point scoring, wilful misunderstanding, lack of basic comprehension skills and downright nastiness.
I’m still on there despite all that. I tell myself that I am modelling being a reasonable human.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I hate the word snack. Or people talking about grabbing a bite. Or munching their massive salad. Just bleeping eat FFS. I am very working class though.

Oh and Ms/Mr Moderator, I am guilty of having doled out 4 tattle codes to Mumsnetters, but I subjected them to a rigorous interview process beforehand, and they are all behaving themselves, I know their usernames and they are not causing havoc on the boards. I shan't give away anymore though.

I hate snacking and nibbles, mainly because Mr D seems to think they are an adequate replacement for actual food. Adding a quarter pot of salsa to a small bowl of tortilla chips does not make it a meal with vegetables. Add some chilli con carne, refried beans, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, avocado, more olives, onion, spring onion, coriander leaf, soured cream, chopped chives, guacamole and a fuckton of cheese, then apply heat to an entire plateful of the things in layers and I'll accept nachos as a meal. But no, Mr D, it's not a meal before that point.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm grateful for my (fairly recent) code, such a refreshing change to read level headed, interesting or funny stuff without becoming enraged by the point scoring, wilful misunderstanding, lack of basic comprehension skills and downright nastiness.
I’m still on there despite all that. I tell myself that I am modelling being a reasonable human.
I'm still on there too. I hate it but I can't stay away, although I don't post much. If I see any of my posts ripped apart on here, I'll know the abyss also gazes into me.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm still on there too. I hate it but I can't stay away, although I don't post much. If I see any of my posts ripped apart on here, I'll know the abyss also gazes into me.
One of my posts made it here 😂.

I need to be more obvious with my sarcasm over there- whichever poor tattler copied it over seemed to think I was being serious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm here via a code - thanks to the donor! Initially I wanted to discuss Succession... Though to be fair those on the Succession board on MN were pretty level headed!

Reactions: 1
I hate snacking and nibbles, mainly because Mr D seems to think they are an adequate replacement for actual food. Adding a quarter pot of salsa to a small bowl of tortilla chips does not make it a meal with vegetables. Add some chilli con carne, refried beans, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, avocado, more olives, onion, spring onion, coriander leaf, soured cream, chopped chives, guacamole and a fuckton of cheese, then apply heat to an entire plateful of the things in layers and I'll accept nachos as a meal. But no, Mr D, it's not a meal before that point.
To quote the late great David Cassidy, I think I love you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They're so so miserable over there! Had great entertainment this morning reading the no one needs sex thread in relationships.
Going by their logic only oxygen and food are a need (and tbh going off MN response foods not a need either). Everything else is a selfish want and people are dirty and disgusting for wanting a decent sex life.

Have an orgasm and shut up for fucks sake!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
All, Just a reminder to not give out codes to people on Mumsnet - especially not to randoms posting messages to get a code. That site is absolutely full to the brim with trolls and those trying to cause trouble. Codes are only to be given to people you know and trust. Mumsnet shouldn't be a backdoor to get banned trolls on tattle, best to ignore it. Thanks 🙏
Someone has gone straight onto the code begging thread and copy & pasted this message:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm still over there as well but don't post much. I never asked for a code though I got in when registration was open in July.

Reactions: 2
They're so so miserable over there! Had great entertainment this morning reading the no one needs sex thread in relationships.
Going by their logic only oxygen and food are a need (and tbh going off MN response foods not a need either). Everything else is a selfish want and people are dirty and disgusting for wanting a decent sex life.

Have an orgasm and shut up for fucks sake!
4 times a bleeping year! No wonder they and their “DHs” are so bleeping miserable.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
It's sad because some of them say they don't want/desire any physical contact at all - it's not just their partners, but quite possibly their children who then spend years absolutely starved for touch. going through life as though they might as well be ghosts.

Touch, whether sexual or non sexual, is absolutely a physical and emotional need in the majority of the population. There have been awful animal studies to prove it and the harm it causes to be deprived of it.

No wonder there are so many posts where the bloke suddenly ups and leaves. They've thrown their lot in with the first bit of warmth that's come their way in years.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.