Mumsnet #27 If you're only coming to goad, you're not getting our bleeping codes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Husband won't help with Christmas presents'

I'm not going to say anything. Just go and have a look for yourselves and see what you think

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
A tattler in another thread commented on an IG person complaining about the cost of Living Crisis 'at least her home hasn't been raized in Gaza' and it made me wonder if maybe they would find their people over on MN. :LOL:
I saw that and thought of this thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is this poster taking the piss? Or am I missing something?

AIBU to have laughed out loud in Tesco
After putting the tree up last night I nipped to Tesco to grab a bottle of wine to toast the start of the festive season. Whilst in there I decided to grab something for breakfast…

Then I realised I was walking around with wine and sausages and other customers MUST be thinking “oooh she’s got a good weekend planned with her wine and sausages!” and chortled out loud to myself.

Wanted to explain myself to the cashier but felt the retelling of a mumsnet thread would not be of interest to them at the end of the shift.

Sometimes the best threads just come back to you at the most inopportune moments 😀
ETA: it's an in joke related to this thread Should I be embarrassed about this or am I overthinking..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm going to go on mumsnet & trample all over the threads saying " IVE GOT MY TREE UP " 😃😃😆💀

• Haha
Ok, and I think the deranged SIL/Christmas tree one is fake too. Just can't be real. Walking past the house to check the tree isn't up? Nah.

On a thread about log burners affecting her asthmatic child, solutions ranged from dropping fake official letters to the neighbours to taking OPs asthmatic child door to door
And yet, these are the same posters who call themselves ‘Hinchers’ and clean their house with every strongly-scented product going, and literally burn Zoflora in oil burners and stick san-pro doused in the stuff on the backs of their radiators. And then post on Mumsnet wondering why little Jaxxon has ‘assmar’.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
State of this absolute salad from a thread about whether your Christmas tree is up yet.
Drawing room, dinner party, treasures from our travels indeed.
Middle class wanker klaxon.
I'm not middle class enough obviously. My cottage only has a sitting room. With a wood stove. With my asthma.

• Haha
The sister in law one could be my sister in law! She’s a fecking nightmare. She moved all my kitchen about one time as she felt her idea of how a kitchen is laid out was better. As soon as she left I moved it all back. She used to drive past my house to see if my husband was home so she could complain to his brother that he was home early. You don’t just drive past my house.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
On a thread about log burners affecting her asthmatic child, solutions ranged from dropping fake official letters to the neighbours to taking OPs asthmatic child door to door
TBF I keep banging my drum about how bad log burners and open fires are for you as I just don't think people are aware. If you have one indoors it's not very dissimilar to smoking inside, and they are so so so bad for the environment as well. People don't seem to know. I didn't until a couple of years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
This might be a dumb question...I understand that the wood burner would affect the people living in the house, but how doesn't it affect people outside? Is there lots of smoke being released from the house by it?

I know mumsnet is basically full of arseholes but there’s the occasional feel good moment - like this thread
IMG_4638.png

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.