Mumsnet #26 Fanny wafts and meany pegs, what goes on in mumsnetters heads?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are a lot of NHS bashing threads on Mumsnet today.

The porter who made a flippant comment whilst transporting the Mumsnetter to the operating theatre should be hung, drawn, quartered then dragged through the town by her toenails.

Tell PALS! Report her to her line manager! Wankers, the lot of them. Have they never made a poorly judged remark in their lives? I told a friend of mine to put his best foot forward once, completely overlooking the fact he has a below knee amputation on one side. He found it funny (or pretended to) and we are still friends now.
Hell, I work in the NHS and I've -
* Asked a very visually impaired man to sign a piece of paper
* Asked a double amputee if he needed help putting his socks on (he just pulled the bed sheets back)
* Offhand started talking about whacking great brain tumours and how awful they are and their effects in great detail to a colleague who's G'dad had just been diagnosed with a brain tumour (in my defence I didn't know and immediately apologised)

Lucky my trust is so strapped for staff they keep me on, eh

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There's an interview in the Times today with Caribe Roitfeld, ex editor of French Vogue. Expect these two pearls of wisdom to be recycled on S&B from now on by the French wannabes.

Always make sure you have proper lingerie on in case you accidentally fall into a dress shop and need a fitting or onto a man's dick

Never wear your DDs clothes even if you are frequently mistaken for sisters and you buy your own clothes from Next Kids. Or you will look très stupid.
IMG-20231106-WA0011__01.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I haven't got a daughter but if I did, I definitely wouldn't share her clothes. I wonder what Mumsnetters think if the current trend for mothers and daughters to dress alike?

Reactions: 3
"Delightfully thinking woman's frumpy" for next thread title as it's just so batshit.

W in TAF are these people on about?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Hello lovely Tattlers! I'm barging in here and haven't read all the threads, but I feel like I've said all I've got to say about Jack Monroe, true crime and secret celeb gossip so am hoping to hang around here for a bit with you lovely Frauen!

I've dipped in and out of MN a fair bit throughout the years, probably last really active around 2015 when I noticed a change in tone, went back in a year or so ago and have since been shocked at how much darker and more malicious it's got? It used to be quite light hearted and usually women supporting women, OK AIBU was always a bit of a bear pit but back in the day people genuinely gave good faith advice, they just didn't mince their words. But now it's like "I was serving up my toddler DS's chicken nuggets when my DH lurched drunkenly through the door screaming that he'd spent all our savings on cocaine and OnlyFans and then he punched me upside the head, I think I may need to LTB but he says I'm being hysterical, AIBU?" First response: "You gave your DS chicken nuggets? TBF I'm not surprised your DH hit you, you deserved it. You're setting DS up for a lifetime of unhealthy eating. We've lost sight of what a normal weight is."

Just feels like people are desperate to make themselves feel better by tearing others down now which is not how it used to be. CoL crisis or something deeper?

Also the number of clearly trolling OP posts are....off the scale. I've read so many in the past year that are clearly either a random bloke posting something vaguely sex related to get off on, or bored teenagers looking to wind up their mums (who they're not getting any attention from as Mum is too busy slagging off other mums on MN). Seriously. Do all the mods have strawberry yoghurt for brains or what?

Apologies if all of this has been raked over in previous threads and I'll see myself out if so :) or try to find something more relevant to post!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I don't know if it's the COL crisis, but Mumsnet has definitely become more spiteful over the years, and yes, people do focus on irrelevant parts of someone's post @moldwarp - your chicken nuggets example is a typical MN response :D
Also were the grammar police as bloody nasty in the past? So many snobby posts sneeringly pointing out that the difference between their, there and they're. Twats.

Reactions: 8

How much are people willing to bet that she's a mumsnetter :LOL:
hates poor parking ✔
hates expensive cars✔
blames it on the menopause✔
She's 62, so it's early onset dementia, she just doesn't realise it. Also does she have a ciggie in her hand in one of those photos? How dreadfully common.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I haven't got a daughter but if I did, I definitely wouldn't share her clothes. I wonder what Mumsnetters think if the current trend for mothers and daughters to dress alike?
I spent half my daughter's teens retrieving my clothes. In fact, she's 26 now and I still see her occasionally in one of my T Shirts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't know if it's the COL crisis, but Mumsnet has definitely become more spiteful over the years, and yes, people do focus on irrelevant parts of someone's post @moldwarp - your chicken nuggets example is a typical MN response :D
Also were the grammar police as bloody nasty in the past? So many snobby posts sneeringly pointing out that the difference between their, there and they're. Twats.
Yeah and they do it really snidely too, like "Did you mean to say 'their', OP?" when the OP is posting some really traumatic obstetric event or something and is obviously whacked out on pain and doesn't give a toss whether they meant their or there 😂

Also the number of self-appointed experts especially on threads about complex health or geopolitical events is ridiculous, like there were a few Israel-Palestine threads that were off the wall in the deluded self-belief and rhetorical vehemence of some of the posters. Like I really doubt you possess the detailed and highly classified military intelligence necessary to make such a confident pronouncement on underground weaponry arsenals in Gaza, @ImogensBalletClasses, because if you did you'd be in the White House advising Antony Blinken not slagging off people's outfits on Style & Beauty?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
some of my best clothes are my oldest daughter's cast-offs... it's revenge for the years she spent nicking my stuff :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hell, I work in the NHS and I've -
* Asked a very visually impaired man to sign a piece of paper
* Asked a double amputee if he needed help putting his socks on (he just pulled the bed sheets back)
* Offhand started talking about whacking great brain tumours and how awful they are and their effects in great detail to a colleague who's G'dad had just been diagnosed with a brain tumour (in my defence I didn't know and immediately apologised)

Lucky my trust is so strapped for staff they keep me on, eh
My dad once asked a lad missing an arm if he "needed a hand" when trying to open a bin bag. 😶

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My dad once asked a lad missing an arm if he "needed a hand" when trying to open a bin bag. 😶
My ex once said to a a friend of ours who uses a wheelchair “congrats Tom you’re the last man standing”, which Tom found hilarious thank god

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I was just getting going with a tea break read of the mumsnet catnip of a potential reverse posted by a husbands devilish family wanting to see a baby (MIL tried to move in! She speaks no English! How FRIGHTENING for a VULNERABLE wife) and the bloody site has gone down.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was just getting going with a tea break read of the mumsnet catnip of a potential reverse posted by a husbands devilish family wanting to see a baby (MIL tried to move in! She speaks no English! How FRIGHTENING for a VULNERABLE wife) and the bloody site has gone down.
I'm just imagining all the middle class mummies across the land (well, North London) in their sister wife dresses and ghastly boots, having to actually interact with their children instead of tapping away at a keyboard asking people if they're on glue.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.