Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Aab41

VIP Member
Cassandra is one of my favourite names, but I cannot get the Greek myth out of my head. A woman who was SA'd be Apollo (I think?) who then was given the curse of prophecy but no-one would believe her.
Isn't her son called Apollo? Obviously a fan of Greek history and/or myths!

Reactions: 3

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Actually on the subject of letters: it's legal to open one if the person doesn't live here and you need to inform the sender?

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
They do have a lot of posts dating back to the end of 2022, but a lot of them have been about baby loss/sympathy posts/worrying about twin to twin syndrome. Also said she is 29 weeks but then said her due date is in December and even the last day of December is a lot less than 10 weeks away:unsure:
---
What's the thread name?
No fetal movement, in multiple births. Also weirdly there was a spelling mistake in the original title which has now been amended

Codiaeum

VIP Member
It can happen suddenly in acute peripartum twin to twin transfusion syndrome. I haven't read the thread but from accounts of it here, and knowing the amount of fantasists on MN, it sounds fabricated.
TIL!
Who knew that a fabricated story on MN could actually end up educational.

• Haha
Also supermarket sushi is cold rice.

I reheat rice and have done forever. I’ve only known about it being a risk for the last 10-15 years so probably was really lax about it being piping hot and may even have eaten it cold before 😬

mindlessness

VIP Member
I'm a curly so I'm all about the co washing, but I bet it would work brilliantly for other hair types. It's good for dry and oily hair, since it doesn't strip the hair of natural oils to exacerbate dryness or prompt overproduction of oil to compensate. You have to experiment a bit to find the right products for you but I think it would work well for almost anyone.
Alas co-washing my straight hair is a recipe for disaster. The real lesson for these sorts of threads on mumsnet is that what works for one person might not work for everyone else and that’s okay. But of course few of them can see nuance very well!

HoGi

VIP Member
There is a post in AIBU about piano lessons.

First time I have ever seen the vote be 100% one way. No stragglers defending the OP.

She has come back with an update (she's actually a piano teacher herself) but hasn't acknowledged that she has been absolutely crucified in the vote and comments.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I’ve lived 40+ years on this planet and never caught wind of any of this toxic rice business until today. I’ve eaten countless cold, leftover Chinese take out without complaint. Has anyone here actually gotten sick from this?
It's okay cold, it's only of you reheat it that the bacteria are activated.

WickedThread

Chatty Member
I mean I don't actually like donuts, but if I did I would eat it all. How big does she think they are?

Though, on reflection it may be someone taking the piss.
too late, she’s already come down with

---
I like the irregular division in the bar. It makes me life slightly more interesting.
That reminds me of that nice Fairtrade Way To Go chocolate in Lidl, especially the caramelised almond and seasalt one. I don’t typically like almonds In chocolate but that one I do like.

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member
There's a poster on there at the moment who has been suspended from her job and is asking for advice. Lots of utter tossers scolding her for her spelling and grammar. It's called Civil Service Suspension. Poor woman, I feel sorry for her.
I just clicked to page three and it's been removed by MNHQ! Makes me think things got weird further along in the thread? Or she shared something she regretted in the thread? I'd only seen stuff about her having a vindictive ex and being absolutely certain she'd not dome anything on social media to warrant the suspension.
Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 8.10.30 pm.png

• Sad

kendallroysdownfall

Chatty Member
OMG reheated rice can make you VERY sick and upset your stomach for years afterwards. If leftover rice is left out too long before putting in the fridge, bacteria can multiply at massive rates .

• Haha