Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
There's a woman I work with who is - sshhhhh - a size 16!!! :eek: How she has the courage to be seen in public I will never understand.

Why is it, on Mumsnet, people are either a teeny tiny 6 - 8, who survive on half a lettuce leaf, or 23 stone binge eaters who are trying to get hold of Ozempic? There's no inbetween. Where are all the normal people? Where are the people I see every day who are average size?
You’ve just lost sight of what a healthy weight is.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
That reminds me. What is a ‘hot chocolate station’? It seems to have joined the calvacade of awful Christmas things that people do (credit to MN that I’ve seen it mentioned as Just Too Much) but I have no idea what it is.
Get your tub of hot chocolate put it in a glass jar. Buy some marshmallows and sprinkles, put them also in some glass jars. Instead of putting them back in your cupboard with the rest of your groceries, leaving them sitting on your counter. And don’t forget to take a picture of it to put on the gram

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Serene Serena

VIP Member

How much are people willing to bet that she's a mumsnetter :LOL:
hates poor parking ✔
hates expensive cars✔
blames it on the menopause✔
She's 62, so it's early onset dementia, she just doesn't realise it. Also does she have a ciggie in her hand in one of those photos? How dreadfully common.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
According to MN the minute you step outside, it's perfectly normal to see total strangers shitting themselves. I must live in a very non_MN area, given that this sight has luckily spared my poor eyeballs thus far. Seems like these emergencies strike them pretty often. Must be all those MASSIVE SALADS needing a way out.
There was a thread once about whether you wash new clothes before wearing them.

So many Mumsnetters said it was necessary to get rid of the shit, semen, filth and even lice that covered them.

Boden must be worse than I thought!

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I can relate to all those posts. One of my cats looked a bit startled and ran behind the sofa to lick her arse in peace. WHEN WILL THESE BASTARDS LEARN THE DAMAGE THEY DO?

• Haha
  • Heart

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Maureen is a terrible name. Sorry to any Maureens out there, but there is just nothing nice about it!
Maureen is a very middle class name. You probably don’t like it because you live on a council estate and wear supermarket clothes. *head tilt*

• Haha
  • Wow

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
Peak MN right here on the Pee’d off at parents who drive their kids to our street to Trick or treat thread

Untitled.png

• Haha
  • Heart

ShopTilYouSlop

Chatty Member
[
I wish we had a tray of doughnuts in the staffroom. :( Instead we have half a packet of stale Rich Tea biscuits, a sachet of OatsoSimple and a curry flavoured Pot Noodle.
I suppose it's good in a way because I am a massively obese size 14 and can barely function as a human being.
Vanity sizing <head tilt> 500 years ago you would have been a size 6000.

Shame! Shame!

• Haha

FeloniousMonk

There's a hen do one unfolding atm and obviously they're all in there bragging about how cheap and unspecial their hen dos were. They're so averse to doing anything nice or joyous I don't know why they didn't just get a meal deal and eat it in a car park next to some bins.
I never participate in those threads, but if I did I would win them by virtue of not having had a hen do at all. Beat that ya cheap fuckers 😝

• Haha
  • Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
There hasn’t been a competitive hygiene thread for ages. I love those! They range from the ‘I shower twice a day, sometimes three times’ to ‘I strip wash once a week, no soap, just water and never wash my minge’.

It’s so funny. The over clean get so upset with the mucky buggers.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Is anyone reading the thread about what annoys you when you're in a cafe? Some of the answers are beyond unhinged. Someone just posted that they get really annoyed watching people reading in a cafe because "it's not a library". :ROFLMAO:
Do they know that a library is for borrowing books?

I love the performance parents defending their loud show-offy conversations with their children.

"Oh Tobias, clever boy for knowing coffee is made from beans. Where do coffee beans grow, Tobias? Colombia, Brazil, Guatemala, Vietnam, Uganda and Ethiopia - well done Tobias!! Now spell Guatemala for mummy!!"

• Haha
  • Heart

Moniker

VIP Member
Christ, keep them out of here. They'd ruin the place. I presume I'm entitled to codes. I shan't be giving them away to Mumsnetters. No siree.

• Haha

CatCafe234

VIP Member
They’re not allowed a code, I say so. I didn’t realise that one can’t simply just join Tattle and I’m revelling in the fact that I’m in an exclusive group. Let me enjoy that just a little longer …

• Haha
  • Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Difference with tattle is anyone in the public eye can get it with a stick (sometimes too much!!) but we're supportive of each other.

You can post about any problems/upsets and you won't get any sarky responses. Not one.
I agree. Tattle posters are a warm and friendly community, and there’s a genuine sense of belonging.

• Heart

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
If this one is a troll it's incredible work. Then OP's replies just keep getting better:LOL:

We rented to them on more of an informal basis. DH didn't get round to putting it in the scheme (I told him it needed to be done). What about the fact we'll now need to get it cleaned from top to bottom? Surely this is something the deposit should protect??

Now the whole place will need to be bleached and sterilised. But that I can deal with. It's the fact my property has been abused like this and the ramifications we could now presumably face!!

Clearly if it's illegal I'll be forced to give it back!! It isn't me who has broken the law. And if it is the world has gone mad. The point isn't the cleaning! It's the fact illegal activities have taken place in a property I own. That surely isn't acceptable and I have a good mind to report it to the police!

How can it be that tenants can treat a property like this, break the law and do what they like and apparently it's okay? These are illegal activities!!

I was in tears earlier. It might not come across well, but this has all really shaken and upset me. Surely doing anything illegal in the property would count as a breach of tenancy? Or you can just rent anything, start doing illegal activities, and that's okay now?

Attachments

• Haha