Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CatCafe234

VIP Member
This is a reply to a post asking what time do you think there’s no point getting dressed for the day and just staying in your pj’s. Is a ramble different to a walk?!
View attachment 2566798
I think you’ll find that walking is for the working classes, where they use it to get to *shudders* employment or the shops. Rambling is for the middle classes, and it’s where you dress up in your finest Joules and Boden, drive half-an-hour the nearest National Trust place, and spend less time than the actual drive dragging Octavia and Theo along a carefully marked trail whilst shouting at the labrador to ‘put that down now, darling’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

zoominmoom

Has anyone seen the thread about Tesco clubcard pricing? I broadly agree with the moan but probably wouldn't bother creating a thread about it. Anyway, on page 2 there's this corker 😂
Mumsnet1.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

Kikini Bamalam

VIP Member
I do love a good wedding or hen do thread! Bonus points for a "Well I got married in a portaloo in a layby of the A3. We served bbq rat on a stick and we drank pond water and everyone still says it was the best wedding they have ever been to"

• Haha

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
Do you guys not even realise that some people can't afford cutlery? Or peas? Do you think the people in refugee camps are eating peas? And yet here you all are bragging about how you use your cutlery. I bet the people in refugee camps would love to have some cutlery to eat their peas with right now

• Haha

Lovespizza

I wonder what the difference is between a chavvy storm and a posh storm? Do the chavvy ones only take out council houses (omg shock horror poors) and the posh ones stately homes (omg dog hair will be EVERYWHERE)?
A chavvy storm deposits a washing machine, a ford cortina on bricks and an XL bully in your unkempt front garden whereas a posh storm splashes soup down your front and a Labrador in a classic car on your driveway 😜

• Haha
  • Heart

nobotoxta

Chatty Member
Why is someone asking if it is ok to eat spaghetti bolognaise a day after it was cooked and has been in the fridge? How do these people live?

• Haha

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
It's probably early onset dementia, OP. Are you generally strange?
I recently saw a post from someone talking about her 94 year old grandad being forgetful and having a few problems. Someone suggested early onset dementia. They clearly missed the meaning of early onset!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

InkBlot

Hi everyone, just got a referral code from Mumsnet so I'm finally free of that place (thank you!). After a warning and a suspension I've come to the conclusion that I just can't hold my tongue in the face of the blatant troll posts and high horses. I keep trying to walk away but I do find it strangely compelling to view from afar so I've been lurking this thread for ages.

Going back to the current discussion, I've been estranged from a relative who just refused to talk to me one day. No explanation or attempt to discuss. In fact they'd been making plans for us to meet up for a coffee not too long before that so it was a real surprise. I often laugh to myself thinking they must have asked Mumsnet for advice! I don't think the keyboard warriors there ever advocate talking about anything, it's always flouncing, no contact, LTB with very little consideration for the real life implications.

• Heart

nobotoxta

Chatty Member
Why why why do people start threads like 'how much to spend on a holiday?'
You just know there will be the ' we've spent £40k this year on a couple - of course we only go first class and have to take nanny', down to 'Well, I went camping in 1998 with dh and the kids and it cost us £4.50. No-one NEEDS a holiday'.
It's .....bonkers!

• Haha

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Difference with tattle is anyone in the public eye can get it with a stick (sometimes too much!!) but we're supportive of each other.

You can post about any problems/upsets and you won't get any sarky responses. Not one.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Are you alive? Then STFU complaining. Some people are DEAD and don’t have the luxury of suffering discomfort.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

bumpire

Chatty Member
My sons and husband are stuffed after I surprised them with a massive salad! Let me know if you'd like the recipe.
Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 4.36.07 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 26

VC10

VIP Member
" I saw some lovely Christmas cards earlier today, all glittery and really nicely made"

Within nanoseconds, a reply pops up ...... 😆😆😃....

" YOU MIGHT THINK THEM LOVELY BUT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF POOR INNOCENTS THAT HAVE HAD ALL THEIR CLOTHES BLOWN OFF THEM AND ARE BEI G FORCED TO TRAVEL ON FOOT WITH NO SHOES ON 15, 900 MILES TO AN ALTERNATIVE HOME WITH NO HOPE OF A JOB.
THOSE CARDS WERE PROBABLY MADE IN A CHINESE SWEAT-SHOP BY 9 YEAR OLD THAT SHOULD BE IN SCHOOL NOT THE WORKPLACE.
ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO , I BET, READ THE DAILY MAIL & VOTE CONSERVATIVE.
I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY ."

😆😆😆😆💀

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26