Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
That's exactly why no one should give a code to those bleeps on Mumsnet if they're talking about wanting to join just to troll.

I bet they don't even realise that posting to disrupt is the definition of trolling. They think trolling is only something they don't like.

The amount that come here to be annoying ducks and then scuttle away pretending they were unfairly banned and totally lie about what happened. Tits. 😆
---
If they’re not logged in, they can’t see pics either 😂
In fairness they can see all pics, that was changed years ago.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
There is currently a full on argument going on about whether you can reheat pasta. Someone said that if they heard of a parent of a child in school reheating pasta that had been left out then it would be an immediate child protection case. What planet are these people on :LOL: I can just imagine that report

Hold up guys we need to ignore this serious child abuse case for now, someone just found out that a child has been fed reheated pasta. Find them and take the children immediately

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
This is the top of the silk dress I bought recently - it's actually knee length and for an upcoming funeral. I thought about getting a more traditional black dress but as she bought me a cacharel dress when I was a teen I thought she'd appreciate me wearing something in her honour and memory. One size bigger than normal so it won't be tight and she was born in 1938 so it's that sort of style.

It makes you cry when you lose people doesn't it!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad

Yel

Chatty Member
I hope no one is giving out any codes to randoms on Mumsnet, it ain't worth it Hun!

Traditionally they came here to post "genuine question, why don't you unfollow?" 🙄, then go back to mumsnet to complain that tattle isn't freedom of speech. Like when has tattle ever claimed to be freedom of speech where anyone can say anything they like? Never.

People are free to bitch about influencers and public figures. People that come to disrupt and troll are very quickly shown the door.

• Heart

melonpane

lol you couldn't make this up..

"Both I and my stbx are a good weight and both do on average 3 sessions of fitness or sport every week. There are rarely ready meals in the house (and DD doesnt like those), not a lot of cake or biscuits, only occasional crisps and sugary drinks, takeaways are no more than once a week and pizza is always home made, and we buy only the most middle-class chocolate. The only member of family who is notably over weight she only sees a couple of times a year, and no one around her is a fitness evangelist. You couldn't model a much more balanced eating and exercise life."

• Haha
  • Wow
When I worked in Antenatal, one woman brought her darling little half ton ball of 2 year old child in with her as she was going for #3. Lovely kid, likely to match his Dad in size and shape (6'9" and about 24 stone of Man Mountain).

Caligula. I shit you not.

And his 5 year old brother? Nero. I did ask if they were pet names for Julius and Lucius, but, no, they were the boy's actual names.

Still half expecting them to show up as Tory MPs at some point in the next couple of years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I hope the Mumsnetters come and say hi. And I hope we haven't been slagging off any of them on here 😆
When you give out the code and they activate an account on here, you are told their username. So far, my four have been behaving themselves :D

• Haha

Sglodion

Chatty Member
Maybe I'm particularly hormonal today but this post on the 'catered for 8 and no-one turned up' thread made me so sad ☹ I wonder how many other people have had similar experiences from taking the advice of random uninvested MNers who probably forgot about the thread two minutes after posting.

Screenshot_20231113-215413_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231113-215421_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Sad

holasun

New thread title suggestion...

If all you want is to be goady, you won't get a Tattle codey.

Although I am very grateful to the MNer who gave me mine. I hope she doesn't regret it.
I mean ditto.
I jumped shit ship from MN too 👀
---
I feel like there are categories of MNers.
There are the absolute "peak" MNers like ND and the perpetually french
Then you have the grief and tragedy vultures
There are a load of trolls in there somewhere
There are the clueless snowflakes that need a hand hold for EVERYTHING
And then there are a load of normal people who hoped they'd get support and help on things they actually could reasonably need help on - and instead found themselves on MN.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

Shimmering

VIP Member
"Delightfully thinking woman's frumpy" for next thread title as it's just so batshit.

W in TAF are these people on about?

• Haha

MediumLoad

Chatty Member
I'm still surprised I wasn't banned recently, I was quite strident about a poster's stupidity. However I got a lot of thanks for it so I wasn't alone in my reaction.

People on MN still keep on asking for tattle codes. I wonder why? Is it that tattle isn't censored in the same way?

They probably want to join so they can see/post on the secret forums that only we Tattle members can access. :whistle:

That should get them going.

• Haha

MediumLoad

Chatty Member
We've been given a special mention again:LOL:And I don't know what they mean about swearing. Tattle is fucking full of swearing isn't it? What the fuck are they on about, talking shit again

If you are not a Tattle member and just viewing, then all swears are replaced. I just logged out and took this image of your post.

No ducking swearing.png

For lurking Mumsnetters.

PG Rating.png

• Haha
  • Wow

holasun

It's because it is the loss of a child is so tragic that people will be moved to comment. People wouldn't even imagine that someone would make something like that up for attention, because what kind of monster would fake that? That sweet, sweet dopamine from the sympathy and attention pouring their way is just too much to resist for these complete bastards. And let's face it, Mnetters loooooove to show how caring they are, how tight they are holding their babies tonight and how much they are shaking and sobbing at this terrible news.

Death trolls and the grief athletes on MN are a match made in hell, which is where they will all be going if there is any god.
So I had a second trimester pregnancy loss in very traumatic circumstances (I had a TFMR).
At the time I asked MN for advice when it was on the horizon and we'd had bad test results, and then when I got the confirmation "officially" that everything was shit, I updated my post with confirmation that the worst was happening and then that was it. And TBF I did update my post fairly early in the process before I'd even delivered the baby, but I think I was in some weird state of shock where the "admin" of updating my post (as at least one other person had commented saying they wondered what had happened as they may be going through the same) seemed weirdly important and also it allowed me to "close" that question off. I don't know - I think I was temporarily mad quite frankly.

However the idea that someone would "fake" something like that - or that trolls might be lurking in the TFMR/pregnancy after loss/baby loss boards makes me feel sick.

I can't work out if I want it to be true so there isn't such a sick troll in the world - but then obviously that's horrific if it is true and I don't want that either. Horrendous both ways.

I agree that unless you are absolutely clueless with pregnancy, reduced movements is drilled into you from after 12w and I find it hard to believe that someone wouldn't know to just ring their midwife at least rather than asking online etc and leaving it so long.
It definitely smells like troll. :(

• Heart

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
My son is a Bert. It's not his given name, but when he was a toddler he had a little checked coat and a flap cap that he had to wear everywhere, lord help you if this combination wasn't offered. He honestly looked like a little old man at the time so I'd call him Bert. It stuck. He's very grown up now, still called Bert.

• Heart
  • Haha