Mumsnet #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re currently debating whether statement necklaces are back. I mean, were they ever really ‘in’? At least of the type they’re on about. Some nice lady has posted a picture of hers, and it looks like one of those pasta necklaces kids come home with from nursery.
They are if you take fashion inspiration from Prue Leith

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Ahahahahaha what the ever loving duck is this 😂. A necklace of half-suckled sweets? It's the worst thing I've ever seen in my llfe, who are these women? 😂
I imagine them all to be like Emma Thompson’s character in Love Actually. Middle aged women (no shade there, as I’m one myself) who have a very privileged lifestyle and say they vote Labour but are secret Tories. They have farty arse part time jobs like knitting consultant, while their husbands work in the city and earn ‘six figures’ and they say they have a very happy marriage but the ‘DH’ is shagging his PA. Subconsciously they know this, but on the ‘He’s Cheated!’ threads, they’ll come on and give it Billy Big Bollocks about if their partner ever did that, they’d string him up by his arse cheeks and use his testicles for earrings. They wouldn’t.

Weird how you can get all that from a necklace 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I imagine them all to be like Emma Thompson’s character in Love Actually. Middle aged women (no shade there, as I’m one myself) who have a very privileged lifestyle and say they vote Labour but are secret Tories. They have farty arse part time jobs like knitting consultant, while their husbands work in the city and earn ‘six figures’ and they say they have a very happy marriage but the ‘DH’ is shagging his PA. Subconsciously they know this, but on the ‘He’s Cheated!’ threads, they’ll come on and give it Billy Big Bollocks about if their partner ever did that, they’d string him up by his arse cheeks and use his testicles for earrings. They wouldn’t.

They do get quite emotional at the scene where she opens the Joni Mitchell CD and has a private cry.

There was a lovely thread one Christmas where a poster took delivery of a Tiffany package and posters were convinced the husband was cheating on her and one nastily said she would be getting a Joni Mitchell CD. On Christmas Day, the poster revealed that she’d lost both her parents and the Tiffany package was indeed hers, it was a necklace was from her MIL to remind her that she wasn’t alone and she would always be a part of her in-laws’ family and the necklace had the family’s names engraved on it.

I’m sure some were salivating at the thought of a RL Love Actually moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
They do get quite emotional at the scene where she opens the Joni Mitchell CD and has a private cry.

There was a lovely thread one Christmas where a poster took delivery of a Tiffany package and posters were convinced the husband was cheating on her and one nastily said she would be getting a Joni Mitchell CD. On Christmas Day, the poster revealed that she’d lost both her parents and the Tiffany package was indeed hers, it was a necklace was from her MIL to remind her that she wasn’t alone and she would always be a part of her in-laws’ family and the necklace had the family’s names engraved on it.

I’m sure some were salivating at the thought of a RL Love Actually moment.
Aw, that’s actually really lovely!

They’re so quick with the accusations of cheating on there.

‘My DH has lost one of his socks and we can’t find it anywhere’
‘It’s the other woman who’s messing with your mind, OP. Get your ducks in a row!’

‘I asked DH to take the bins out but he forgot’
‘LTB! Does he have another woman? He’s probably preoccupied with her and couldn’t concentrate’

‘My DH woke up this morning and breathed’
‘HE’S CHEATING!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 27

This is perfection. Literally everyone on Mumsnet 😂👌🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Aw, that’s actually really lovely!

They’re so quick with the accusations of cheating on there.

‘My DH has lost one of his socks and we can’t find it anywhere’
‘It’s the other woman who’s messing with your mind, OP. Get your ducks in a row!’

‘I asked DH to take the bins out but he forgot’
‘LTB! Does he have another woman? He’s probably preoccupied with her and couldn’t concentrate’

‘My DH woke up this morning and breathed’
‘HE’S CHEATING!!’
Dont forget to have a spa day while planning how to LTB

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There's a thread on there at the moment about an anxious kid who doesnt want to go on primary school residential trip. The sheer number of people basically saying "make him go, they all cry on the first night or so but he'll learn to love abseiling etc" is seriously doing my head in. And also that the mum is a pathetic over protective weed who is projecting her anxieties onto the child.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Sorry to lower the tone, but it always amazes me how many of them claim to never fart in front of their ‘DH’. There are some who’ve been married for 20 plus years and have never farted in front of them. Do they have corks stuck up their backsides or something?

I mean if you can’t trump in your own home when can you? Everyone farts, it’s natural and normal.

• Haha
Sorry to lower the tone, but it always amazes me how many of them claim to never fart in front of their ‘DH’. There are some who’ve been married for 20 plus years and have never farted in front of them. Do they have corks stuck up their backsides or something?

I mean if you can’t trump in your own home when can you? Everyone farts, it’s natural and normal.
Surely the majority if not all of them have birthed in front of their partners…? Have they not once been unwell either? We’ve had a whole 18+ month period of confinement too?!

• Haha
The husbands probably spent most of days locked down either hiding in their home offices or cycling while the Mumsnetters were stood at the window with binoculars and making notes about Number 11 going out for their second walk of the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Surely the majority if not all of them have birthed in front of their partners…? Have they not once been unwell either? We’ve had a whole 18+ month period of confinement too?!
They lay their kids like eggs on Mumsnet, and don’t let anyone else in to see them til they’ve turned 18.

Not really, but I find it astounding how many would rather have their mothers than their actual partners in with them at the birth (‘your baby, your choice, hun!’). And then they’re surprised when the Dad hasn’t bonded with the baby, and doesn’t want to be left alone with it with it til its in its 30’s. And it’s always ok to have their mum in with them cutting the cord, but god forbid the mother in law would like to see their grandchild before they go off to university. What a witch!

• Haha
The husbands probably spent most of days locked down either hiding in their home offices or cycling while the Mumsnetters were stood at the window with binoculars and making notes about Number 11 going out for their second walk of the day.
Or wanting to the phone the police because their neighbours were sat in their back garden.

• Haha
They also don’t like anyone else holding their newborns either. Usual advice is to put the baby in a sling or take the baby and hide upstairs.

They really don’t like their extended families at all and just spend time in their little family bubble. It’s an alien concept to me as I grew up visiting grandparents, aunts and uncles on a regular basis.

• Heart
I reckon most of them would not behave like the way the write and in truth wouldn’t say boo to a goose.
I remember my friend meeting up with their birth club from babycentre in 2004. The loud mouth of the group sat in the corner hiding. They were all shocked at how the online persona differed from the real life one.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

They also tell people to Get Rid of a cheating spouse, and don’t worry about money and how you will manage, you can always take in ironing

• Haha
The taking in ironing thing is awful. My MIL used to make a fair bit of money doing ironing, but under very specific circumstances. Prior to retirement she was a housekeeper for a mega rich family, I don’t just mean a bit rich, but proper full on one of world’s richest families. She was so good at ironing she continued to do theirs after she’d retired, plus she did some for other families who also had houses on the same gated estate (this wasn’t in the U.K.). She didn’t have an ironing board, she had an ironing table the size of a dining table and she put all the completed carefully folded ironing into fancy cardboard boxes with tissue paper between the layers on pins in the collars to keep them in shape. I don’t think your average person could ever make money doing ironing on a domestic scale out of their house.

• Wow
They also tell people to Get Rid of a cheating spouse, and don’t worry about money and how you will manage, you can always take in ironing
I bleeping hate ironing. I’d rather stay married to a cheater than iron for a living 😆 They can do what they like and in return, just don’t make me iron!

Someone once told a poster who was worried about money and feeding her kids that she could forage wild berries at the side of the road. Same energy.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I bleeping hate ironing. I’d rather stay married to a cheater than iron for a living 😆 They can do what they like and in return, just don’t make me iron!

Someone once told a poster who was worried about money and feeding her kids that she could forage wild berries at the side of the road. Same energy.
Berries? Must have been a piss take surely?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.