Mumsnet #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see the one about the breakfast grazing table? Dish of butter, toast rack, bottled milk, cereal in jars because they were brought up to NEVER have boxes of cereal on the table. Apparently this is to make breakfast time easier but sounds like more tidying up to me šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
MILK IN BOTTLES?! My grandparents and parents would be having fainting fits. So common to put a milk bottle on the table instead of pouring it into a jug.

Me, I just take my bowl of cereal or mug of tea to the fridge to pour the milk in from the plastic.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
MILK IN BOTTLES?! My grandparents and parents would be having fainting fits. So common to put a milk bottle on the table instead of pouring it into a jug.

Me, I just take my bowl of cereal or mug of tea to the fridge to pour the milk in from the plastic.
Nah, you're slacking! You get milk out of fridge and then take plastic bottle to the tea/coffee/cereal. Then you leave plastic bottle out for next user... HTH :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Iā€™m having a genuine, not uncommon, situation with my boyfriendā€™s child (and the childā€™s mother) and need advice and was toying with going over there to ask but you lot have scared me. Iā€™ll suffer in silence šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m having a genuine, not uncommon, situation with my boyfriendā€™s child (and the childā€™s mother) and need advice and was toying with going over there to ask but you lot have scared me. Iā€™ll suffer in silence šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
There is an advice section on here

Thereā€™s an advice sub forum here

The petty revenge thread will descend into total lies and exaggeration I think.

So many threads like 'what secret will you take to the grave?' 'What was your best comeback?' & one ages ago about Pretty Woman moments - they start well, but turn into post after post of what sound like badly written & unbelievable scenes people have created in their minds.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The petty revenge thread will descend into total lies and exaggeration I think.

So many threads like 'what secret will you take to the grave?' 'What was your best comeback?' & one ages ago about Pretty Woman moments - they start well, but turn into post after post of what sound like badly written & unbelievable scenes people have created in their minds.
The best ā€˜comebackā€™ according to 99% of Mumsnet is ā€˜did you mean to be so rude?ā€™ Gets trotted out on loads of threads as though itā€™s the wittiest comeback in the world. Imagine saying that to someone whoā€™s just intentionally insulted you. Lame.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can imagine someone asking ā€œDid you mean to be so rude?ā€ and someone saying yes šŸ˜†

I also hate the phrase ā€œAre you on glue?ā€ Glue sniffing was so 90s.

I also hate ā€œNo is a complete sentenceā€.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I can imagine someone asking ā€œDid you mean to be so rude?ā€ and someone saying yes šŸ˜†

I also hate the phrase ā€œAre you on glue?ā€ Glue sniffing was so 90s.

I also hate ā€œNo is a complete sentenceā€.
Or give your head a wobble. Oh my sides.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The best ā€˜comebackā€™ according to 99% of Mumsnet is ā€˜did you mean to be so rude?ā€™ Gets trotted out on loads of threads as though itā€™s the wittiest comeback in the world. Imagine saying that to someone whoā€™s just intentionally insulted you. Lame.
Tbf it worked the one time I tried it, accompanied by deathstare, teenage son was being really arsey about going to the one place I'd wanted to go on holiday ended up with a shamefaced apology from him.

Reactions: 2
You are the step parent so over on mumsnet land it doesnā€™t matter why you say it or do it will be your fault. Step parents, and in particular step mothers, are the devil incarnate.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
These idiots make me laugh paying 180 pounds for a jumper from toast that is identical to the one my aunt Ethel bought from a jumble sale in 1982

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When I found out I was pregnant and went to my booking in appointment with the midwife as I was leaving she said ā€˜what ever you do STAY AWAY FROM MUMSNETā€™.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Just had a look at the Toast jumpers. My great grandmother was very talented at knitting and she knitted similar jumpers us as children for less than Ā£185.

I bet the Toast ones are hand wash only too.

Reactions: 6
What's the name of the other brand they all like? Seasalt? They willingly pay Ā£185 a pop to look that frumpy (or at least say they do)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Seasalt clothing looks very frumpy indeed. The sandals are very 80ish too. Iā€™m sure they all love Boden, Joules and Fatface too.

Seasalt clothing looks very frumpy indeed. The sandals are very 80ish too. Iā€™m sure they all love Boden, Joules and Fatface too.
They do, and the White Company and Toast and Mint Velvet. Awful, frumpy tit that most normal people wouldnā€™t be seen dead in.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.